Start talking #3 officially | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start talking #3 officially

Ah.....I'm talking about Javonte Williams. 220lb, explosive tackle breaking machine. Perfect for our needs.

The one whose video I posted

Ah.....I'm talking about Javonte Williams. 220lb, explosive tackle breaking machine. Perfect for our needs.

The one whose video I posted
I must of overlooked that, I'm a big fan of the kid. Would be estatic if we got him with our 2nd day two pick, but if we going running back at 36 I couldn't pass up Harris for Williams. Now I may pass up Etienne for Williams though.

3.​

Carolina_Panthers_logo.svg.png

Panthers​

Zach Wilson​

QB, BYU​

TRADE: Carolina receives 3rd overall pick from Miami in exchange for 8th overall pick, 72nd overall pick, 2022 first-round pick.
The Panthers showed some promise in Year 1 of the Matt Rhule era and the next phase of the rebuilding process for Carolina is finding its next franchise quarterback. In striking distance to land an exciting new option, the Panthers should be thinking about a move up the board. With Miami being only one year removed from drafting Tua Tagovailoa with the No. 5 overall selection and earning the No. 3 pick courtesy of the Laremy Tunsil trade and a poor season from the Texans, trading back to build the talent around Tagovailoa is a wise move. The Dolphins and Panthers are perfect trade partners. Wilson is a dynamic quarterback prospect that fits nicely with how the NFL game is trending and would provide Carolina with a potential difference-maker at the position. With a fairly complete set of weapons already in place and all the investments made on the defensive side of the football, Carolina is ready to pick a quarterback high in the draft.

8.​

Miami_Dolphins_logo.svg.png

Dolphins​

Jaylen Waddle​

WR, Alabama​

TRADE: Miami receives 8th overall pick, 72nd overall pick, 2022 first-round pick from Carolina in exchange for 3rd overall pick.
The trade back with Carolina provides Miami with even more capital this year and next, while also putting them in range to add a meaningful playmaker for Tagovailoa, and in this case, someone he is familiar with in Waddle, his former Crimson Tide teammate. The Dolphins’ wide receiver corps lacks separation ability, yards after contact skills, speed, and consistency catching the football and would immediately receive a boost in all the right places by adding Waddle.

20.​

Chicago_Bears_logo.svg.png

Bears​

DeVonta Smith​

WR, Alabama​

The Bears have some tricky decisions ahead of them, but one thing is clear: the offense has to become more consistent. Alabama’s all-time leading receiver, Smith is the model of consistency in terms of route-running, catching the football, and producing on a weekly basis. He isn’t the biggest receiver or the most explosive, but he is extremely polished and would give Chicago a reliable weapon.
Can you imagine if Miami selected Waddle @8 with D.Smith on the board?

***. Post of the year ****

I would copy and paste to everyone who want Sewell.
I believe you want a WR...Smith...at 1A. Do you think he, or any WR in college makes an impact in our ability to win yesterday? If you somehow believe that quote is going to convince anyone that Parsons or Sewell is the wrong pick, well...

I believe you want a WR...Smith...at 1A. Do you think he, or any WR in college makes an impact in our ability to win yesterday? If you somehow believe that quote is going to convince anyone that Parsons or Sewell is the wrong pick, well...
No one is convincing no one here.
We rant and kill time.
Don't take anything serious here.

If you watched yesterday's game and thought to yourself "Parsons or Sewell definitely would have made a huge impact in our ability to win", there's honestly no hope for you.

It’s been a point many of us have made throughout the season. Some argue will Parson could disrupt Allen’s scrambling ability. But let’s be honest he mostly stayed in the pocket and had guy running wide open down the field.

As for Sewell he could have given Tua more time in the pocket. True for our guys to drop balls. He could have helped to open up the running game. That maybe true if the game is 10-7 and not 35-10.

It’s clear in this league you gotta be able to score and score quickly and a lot. The rules favor that style and we need to get with that trend.

Offensive play makers are a must during the offseason and draft.

As for the defense, as currently constructed, it’s arguable as good or better than most of the other teams in the playoffs right now.

I'm not a big college football guy, but I keep hearing Sewell's name come up lately. If we drafted him where would he fit?

Would Hunt be the odd man out? Moved to guard? Is Sewell more of LT or a RT.

I'm not a big college football guy, but I keep hearing Sewell's name come up lately. If we drafted him where would he fit?

Would Hunt be the odd man out? Moved to guard? Is Sewell more of LT or a RT.
No national talking heads or fin organization talk about fins taking Sewell.
You only see it here because a few here have infatuation for him.

It’s been a point many of us have made throughout the season. Some argue will Parson could disrupt Allen’s scrambling ability. But let’s be honest he mostly stayed in the pocket and had guy running wide open down the field.

As for Sewell he could have given Tua more time in the pocket. True for our guys to drop balls. He could have helped to open up the running game. That maybe true if the game is 10-7 and not 35-10.

It’s clear in this league you gotta be able to score and score quickly and a lot. The rules favor that style and we need to get with that trend.

Offensive play makers are a must during the offseason and draft.

As for the defense, as currently constructed, it’s arguable as good or better than most of the other teams in the playoffs right now.
I agree after seeing the impact Justin Jefferson has had this season, I'm torn how good Chase may actually be. Because Smith has been phenomenal this year, but maybe Chase is a better translation to the NFL than Jefferson. If we can trade back and get either one is be happy, I know Tua with his Bama connection pulls me that way as well, but seeing Jefferson exceed expectations makes me think Chase could be better.

I wonder if we could throw in DVP, #3, and #18, #36 and end up with Sewell, a top 3 WR, and Pitts? Sewell at 3, trade up from 18 to get the WR, use 3rd/4th round pick to guarantee Pitts to trade up from 36

I agree after seeing the impact Justin Jefferson has had this season, I'm torn how good Chase may actually be. Because Smith has been phenomenal this year, but maybe Chase is a better translation to the NFL than Jefferson. If we can trade back and get either one is be happy, I know Tua with his Bama connection pulls me that way as well, but seeing Jefferson exceed expectations makes me think Chase could be better.

See with Chase he "could" as you mention here. Taking the year off doesn't help with that uncertainty either.
Are you willing to take a chance on a "could" prospect that took an entire season off or the guy that's improved this year and has a chance at the hiesman in D.Smith with your top 10 pick?

Seems like an easy decision to me.

I wonder if we could throw in DVP, #3, and #18, #36 and end up with Sewell, a top 3 WR, and Pitts? Sewell at 3, trade up from 18 to get the WR, use 3rd/4th round pick to guarantee Pitts to trade up from 36

What the hell is this obsession with Pitts? Once you grab Pitts what are you going to do with Gesicki? Put him on the bench considering he and Pitts play a similiar role?

You know what would elevate the offense far more than Pitts given we have Gesicki? Someone like Waddle in the slot and not to mention the added KR/PR abilities.

Back
Top Bottom