Start talking #3 officially | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start talking #3 officially

What the hell is this obsession with Pitts? Once you grab Pitts what are you going to do with Gesicki? Put him on the bench considering he and Pitts play a similiar role?

You know what would elevate the offense far more than Pitts given we have Gesicki? Someone like Waddle in the slot and not to mention the added KR/PR abilities.
There is zero chance they waste a pick on a TE.

I don't post often. But, I don't think I would be upset if we picked Fields up and traded Tua. Also, I wouldn't be upset if we gave Tua another year and drafted more interior lineman early and play makers in the middle rounds. Maybe one receiver early but mostly the big uglies is where I would almost always go with the higher picks.
Sounds like you just don't get upset a whole lot.

It appears Flores does not trust Tua so their plan for next year will be to run the ball more. That means they draft Sewell at #3 then Harris at #18 .
They will sign a free agent slot WR that Tua can threw medium passes to- maybe Samuel or Godwin.

There is zero chance they waste a pick on a TE.

The obession makes absolutley no logical sense to me. Pitts and Gesicki are virtually the same type of player. Yes! Pitts "maybe" a slightly better blocker and slightly more atheletic. But if anyone is being honest the differences aren't all world like Waller or Kelce or Kettle vs. Gesicki.

So why in the world would the Dolphins invest a precious pick at #18 for a prospect that maybe a little better than Gesicki?
Especially when you can get a prospect like Waddle for the slot that's ALOT better and dynamic than I.Ford and adds the bonus PR/KR stuff.

What the hell is this obsession with Pitts? Once you grab Pitts what are you going to do with Gesicki? Put him on the bench considering he and Pitts play a similiar role?

You know what would elevate the offense far more than Pitts given we have Gesicki? Someone like Waddle in the slot and not to mention the added KR/PR abilities.
Its just Gator fans wet dream.

No national talking heads or fin organization talk about fins taking Sewell.
You only see it here because a few here have infatuation for him.
I’ve seen a lot of mock drafts with Miami taking him and a couple of guys on podcasts saying take Sewell.

Yeah, there has never been an NFL offense that potently utilized two dynamic TEs. And even if there were, Flores wouldn't have been an assistant coach on that team.

Yeah, there has never been an NFL offense that potently utilized two dynamic TEs. And even if there were, Flores wouldn't have been an assistant coach on that team.
:bobdole:

You think Pitts/Gesicki are similiar to Gronk/Hernandez?

My Goodness!

See with Chase he "could" as you mention here. Taking the year off doesn't help with that uncertainty either.
Are you willing to take a chance on a "could" prospect that took an entire season off or the guy that's improved this year and has a chance at the hiesman in D.Smith with your top 10 pick?

Seems like an easy decision to me.
He did" have almost 1800 yards and 20 touchdowns in 2019. I don't think it is an easy decision, Smith was 120lbs as a freshman in highschool, by the time he graduated he was barely over 150lbs, and now he's a little bit more than 170lbs, that does concern me a bit. I'm really excited to see the pro day and combine for two young men for sure. I personally just hope we are able to trade back, because I don't believe in the value for either one at 3 though. But I and 💯 on board with taking offensive weapons with 3 of our 1st 4 picks.

Here is what I would try and do : Trade down to four or seven.

At four I take Sewell. I try to use the extra capital to trade up with Dallas to 10 and take Devonta Smith if he is there.

At seven I take Devonta Smith or Jamar Chase. Probably reach for Najee Harris at 18...or try and trade down to the mid 20s and take him there.

High level: Improve the skill position talent. Continue building the lines. Add a pass rusher.

Trading down with Cincy is an option. They want Sewell, could pick up their 2nd round and some other additional picks to move down 2 spots.
If they stay at # 3. Sewell, Smith or Chase. If Miami decides they want a WR with the first pick, the trade down should be the route to go and grab more picks.

If Miami drafts Sewell at #3, I think they should grab Harris or Etienne. Go after WR in the 2nd round at that point.

If Miami decides on WR at #3 or in a trade down. I still think they need to get either Harris or Etienne and then go after OL in 2nd round.

Either way they have the draft ammo to address both OL, WR, RB. This is the most important draft in the last 30 plus years for this franchise. They have to hit on the picks.

If you pick somebody at #3 it better be a QB or Sewell. PERIOD!

Back
Top Bottom