Start talking #3 officially | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start talking #3 officially

Oh, there's definitely a legit argument to be made. Just my opinion and it is hard to evaluate a player at times when the talent around them is strong but to me, Harris just checks an awful lot of boxes. The danger really is falling in love with a particular player, when there's a comparable player to be had later in the draft, and less so with other positions. That's the art of the draft. At 18, you can probably get whatever RB you want. But the cost is maybe that other positions of need aren't nearly as strong after 18, so which way do you go?

My fear is someone else grabs Harris in the 20's and then the "panic" sets in and the other top backs go earlier than expected. You really have to look closely at the other teams picking in that area and assess if it's likely a top back will still be there at that top of the second round pick.

As much as I like Harris and some of the other backs, I wouldn’t want them to go that direction at 18.

I’d be ok with whomever is on still on the board at 36. Or maybe even at 50 or moving up from 50.

Just saw a mock draft that had us trading down with Carolina for Carolina's 1st pick (#8) this year and next year 2022.
Plus Carolinas third pick this year.
In the mock they had us taking Waddle with the first pick.
I would do that trade in a heartbeat.
Yes Yes Waddle, Smith or Chase
My right hand is getting tire, need to switch hand.

Very ridiculous. Also scheme is a big part of it. Gailey had a scheme for Fitz, his scheme is horrible for Tua. We need a scheme similar to what the Saints run.

exactly. And witb the news that Gailey is back i seriously doubt we gonna get one.

probably hear fitz is coming back too. 🤦‍♂️

Researching some Jets sites and it appears they still like Darnold over Fields or Wilson so unless they trade their pick they will pick Sewell.
The Fins then need to try to trade back and get another 2nd round pick and still draft Smith or Waddle if Smith is gone.
Fans sites have zero influence on what teams do during the draft.

Trade #3 & #81 to Panthers for #8, #39, 2022 Rd2

Pick best WR on the board unless you are absolutely sold on one of Chase, Smith, or Waddle over the others and then pick him at #3
Insanity! And yuck! Grier is an absolute oinker and wants way more bacon!

If you don’t think Najee is worthy at 18 I honestly don’t know what to say. I know people don’t like picking RBs that high, but look what happened with Tannehill when he got a legit RB in Henry.

If you don’t think Najee is worthy at 18 I honestly don’t know what to say. I know people don’t like picking RBs that high, but look what happened with Tannehill when he got a legit RB in Henry.

Im not sure he’s the best value at 18 when you have a kid like Trey Sermon tearing it up and looking just as good or better than Harris. No to mention you can probably get him with your earl y 2nd round pick.

Im not sure he’s the best value at 18 when you have a kid like Trey Sermon tearing it up and looking just as good or better than Harris. No to mention you can probably get him with your earl y 2nd round pick.
I’d like Waddle at that spot also. My picks would be 1a Sewell, 1b Waddle or Harris

I’d like Waddle at that spot also. My picks would be 1a Sewell, 1b Waddle or Harris

Perfect! I think an explosive player like Waddle gives you more value in the slot and special teams compared to Harris at the pick. Especially when guy like Trey Sermon can be had for a 2md rounder.

For the record I want Smith AND Waddle. I want this FO to go absolutely nuts with offensive talent this offseason. I want guys like Parker and Williams to come of the bench because we’re so loaded.

I want teams to see Parker on one side, Smith in the other, Waddle in the slot, Gesicki, Trey Sermon in the back field.

Pick your poison.

Id take sewell, and then trade up to take a WR. Best on the board at that time.

Back
Top Bottom