Start talking #3 officially | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start talking #3 officially

It appears Flores does not trust Tua so their plan for next year will be to run the ball more. That means they draft Sewell at #3 then Harris at #18 .
They will sign a free agent slot WR that Tua can threw medium passes to- maybe Samuel or Godwin.
I don't think that approach would reflect a lack of trust, I think that would reflect getting two really good - likely future probowl - players at positions of need. I still favour trading down because I think Jackson and Hunt will be fine tackles as they develop and grow stronger etc. but I could probably live with that if they felt compelled to. My stronger preference would be to move down a handful of spots, pick up the extra picks, draft the best WR and Harris or a versatile LB at 18. The trade down likely gives them 3 second rounders and they could use those picks for another WR and pass rusher. I like Harris a lot but don't think he'll be there at 35.

Back at ya.

In fact, judging from what I’ve been reading on this site lately I’m far from being in the minority.

Lastly, I don’t need to compare vids. I actually follow the sport pretty avidly and have followed those two programs and those two players for a long while. And, yes, I like Harris as a better fit for MIA.

Have fun comparing “highlight videos” and thinking you know a little something from it. From now on I suggest trying to instigate arguments with somebody else.

As you were.
I would agree with you, Harris is the better fit and frankly the better player IMHO and at 230 lbs, brings a load to the table. He would help the offensive transformation immensely. And I like Etienne as well. I just think Harris can play the game any way you want it as a RB.

I don't think that approach would reflect a lack of trust, I think that would reflect getting two really good - likely future probowl - players at positions of need. I still favour trading down because I think Jackson and Hunt will be fine tackles as they develop and grow stronger etc. but I could probably live with that if they felt compelled to. My stronger preference would be to move down a handful of spots, pick up the extra picks, draft the best WR and Harris or a versatile LB at 18. The trade down likely gives them 3 second rounders and they could use those picks for another WR and pass rusher. I like Harris a lot but don't think he'll be there at 35.
I don't think Sewell is going to be there at 3
I don't think Jets will pick a QB
If Jets trade the pick, then probably team picks a QB
If they don't trade the pick, then they pick Sewell.
Why? Darnold was picked third overall, they are not going to admit the mistake, they will say it was the coach.
Now, Darnold has 3 years with QBR below 45.5 and this year was 40.7, maybe lowest of all starting QB's, Flacco was 57.9 this year, much better than DArnold.
I think the smart move is trying to trade Darnold and get a QB, but they are the Jets.

Trade #3 & #81 to Panthers for #8, #39, 2022 Rd2

Pick best WR on the board unless you are absolutely sold on one of Chase, Smith, or Waddle over the others and then pick him at #3

even better, trade #3 to Carolina for a boatload of picks so they can draft Zach Wilson
Just saw a mock draft that had us trading down with Carolina for Carolina's 1st pick (#8) this year and next year 2022.
Plus Carolinas third pick this year.
In the mock they had us taking Waddle with the first pick.
I would do that trade in a heartbeat.

Best case scenario is QB going 1, 2. That will have a boatload of teams lighting up the line for #3; Carolina, Detroit, San Francisco, New England, etc.

I would agree with you, Harris is the better fit and frankly the better player IMHO and at 230 lbs, brings a load to the table. He would help the offensive transformation immensely. And I like Etienne as well. I just think Harris can play the game any way you want it as a RB.

What?! You’re crazy!! Have you compared the videos???? j/k lol

Look, nobody ever knows anything for sure. Each of us are right and wrong all the time. Probably wrong a lot more than right despite what we’d like to believe.

That said, the consensus around FH lately has seemingly favored Najee Harris over Etienne, from everything I’ve been reading. That doesn’t mean it is indeed the right move, but does show that believing Harris is the better fit in MIA isn’t at all that crazy of a notion or an unpopular opinion.

That was the point I tried to get through to the dude clearly trying to instigate.

I’m gonna do some more evals as the offseason goes along, so my opinions may change. For instance, Javonte Williams and Trey Sermon just might grow on me more than they already have.

I really like Breece Hall from ISU a lot too but he’s only a SOPH. Bummer.

Last edited:
Devonta Smith has to be the pick. Best player in the draft, fits a need and is familiar with our qb

Researching some Jets sites and it appears they still like Darnold over Fields or Wilson so unless they trade their pick they will pick Sewell.
The Fins then need to try to trade back and get another 2nd round pick and still draft Smith or Waddle if Smith is gone.

Trade #3 & #81 to Panthers for #8, #39, 2022 Rd2

Pick best WR on the board unless you are absolutely sold on one of Chase, Smith, or Waddle over the others and then pick him at #3
Wait, my friend, that would not be a good trade for Miami. No need to throw in the third rounder and then it's still not a great trade for Miami. I think they can pluck a 2022 first rounder if the teams are jockeying for a QB. At worst, they should get two #2's without having to give up the third.

What?! You’re crazy!! Have you compared the videos???? j/k lol

Look, nobody ever knows anything for sure. Each of us are right and wrong all the time. Probably wrong a lot more than right despite what we’d like to believe.

That said, the consensus around FH lately has seemingly favored Najee Harris over Etienne, from everything I’ve been reading. That doesn’t mean it is indeed the right move, but does show that believing Harris is the better fit in MIA isn’t at all that crazy of a notion or an unpopular opinion.

That was the point I tried to get through to the dude clearly trying to instigate.

I’m gonna do some more evals as the offseason goes along, so my opinions may change. For instance, Javonte Williams and Trey Sermon just might grow on me more than they already have.

I really like Breece Hall from ISU a lot too but he’s only a SOPH. Bummer.
Oh, there's definitely a legit argument to be made. Just my opinion and it is hard to evaluate a player at times when the talent around them is strong but to me, Harris just checks an awful lot of boxes. The danger really is falling in love with a particular player, when there's a comparable player to be had later in the draft, and less so with other positions. That's the art of the draft. At 18, you can probably get whatever RB you want. But the cost is maybe that other positions of need aren't nearly as strong after 18, so which way do you go?

My fear is someone else grabs Harris in the 20's and then the "panic" sets in and the other top backs go earlier than expected. You really have to look closely at the other teams picking in that area and assess if it's likely a top back will still be there at that top of the second round pick.

Devonta Smith has to be the pick. Best player in the draft, fits a need and is familiar with our qb

Many won’t disagree with you including me. The problem is @3. I honestly can’t think of a single receiver that’s ever been drafted that high.

Does anyone know the highest drafted receiver in recent memory? Julio Jones was like 6th

Nevermind apparently Calvin Megatron Johnson was drafted #2 overrall.

Back
Top Bottom