Start talking #3 officially | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start talking #3 officially

If it's Houston they would probably include Tunsil , J.J.Watts and next years 1st round pick as well :lol:
Many teams want a qb like Watson. If Hos really wants to trade him, we are in a strong position, we have the third overall. Except for the Jets, we can give them most value in the draft.

If Hou really shopping Watson, we need to make a strong push. I give them the third overall this year, a second round this year and next year.

Many teams want a qb like Watson. If Hos really wants to trade him, we are in a strong position, we have the third overall. Except for the Jets, we can give them most value in the draft.

If Hou really shopping Watson, we need to make a strong push. I give them the third overall this year, a second round this year and next year.

No Stone Crabs :(

I love those puppies

I think Jacksonville takes Lawrence. The Jets take Sewell. That leaves all the teams looking for a QB and loving Fields, ringing our phone asking to trade up to our pic.

I think it's hilarious that folks on here think Tua is already a bust and we should be looking to draft a QB at 3, yet hardly bat an eye lid at the Jets who very well may pass on a QB at 2, because Sam Darnold who has seen ghosts, won 2 games last year and 4 in his first year in the league for the same number of wins Tua achieved in 9 starts, hasn't been given a chance yet !!

Last edited:
It is crazy, how much hate there is for Tua. The Jets and Houston had much better weapons this past season, yet we won 10 games compare to 2 and 3 wins. Tua coming off major surgery,with no training camp, with Fitzs offensive co., no weapons, yet he was positive in wins and turnovers. Can you name a team in the NFL with worst offensive weapons than the dolphins this yr? Yet we won 10 games. Watson I watched every week and is a stud, I rooted against him every week because of how valuable each Houstons lost was to us. He impressed me every week. It was like Watson against the world. Every week he seemed to do everything possible to get a Houston win, even with a team with a losing record. Watson is a football player. I would love either player going forward, only Flo and our staff knows what we need

After thinking about it, I would draft back for multiple 1s and give Tua another year and if he plays like he has, use the 1s to trade up for a qb

I think it's hilarious that folks on here think Tua is already a bust and we should be looking to draft a QB at 3, yet hardly bat an eye lid at the Jets who very well may pass on a QB at 2, because Sam Darnold who has seen ghosts, won 2 games last year and 4 in his first year in the league for the same number of wins Tua achieved in 9 starts, hasn't been given a chance yet !!
I'm not seeing what one situation has to do with the other.

Are you saying the jets are some model to follow, or a pinnical of good decisions?

Of course you wouldn't, so why reference them as an example of doing what's "smart"?

Aside from that, don't lump everyone who has been critical together. It's not as binary as "elite" or "bust". Odds are pretty good he will be somewhere in between.

I think the question for a lot of ppl is that "in between" acceptable, or satisfactory?

I mean I don't see Tua as a bust, by any stretch. I also don't see him slinginging it around like Marino or even Mahomes.

After thinking about it, I would draft back for multiple 1s and give Tua another year and if he plays like he has, use the 1s to trade up for a qb

Lo...how as he played? Do you have any idea what his number projected to for an entire season?

Are you saying the jets are some model to follow, or a pinnical of good decisions?

Of course you wouldn't, so why reference them as an example of doing what's "smart"?

Aside from that, don't lump everyone who has been critical together. It's not as binary as "elite" or "bust". Odds are pretty good he will be somewhere in between.

I think the question for a lot of ppl is that "in between" acceptable, or satisfactory?

I mean I don't see Tua as a bust, by any stretch. I also don't see him slinginging it around like Marino or even Mahomes.
Someone making sense.

Personally I fed up with all the crap being thrown at our rookie QB who just completed 9 games in this league with a 6-3 record and 11 tds to just 5 ints. At times he's shown incredible ability to manipulate the pocket, ability to throw into tight windows, use his legs when needed and learn from his mistakes. All on the back of a return from a horrific injury most thought he wouldn't see the field in 2020, lack of any meaningful pre-season where he wasn't even the starter and therefore didn't take the najority of the snaps, and throwing to a XFL calibre WR corps that have no idea how getting separation works. It was a damn good rookie season, but it's being shat on by folks because Flores thought it was a good idea to pull him in close games for a vet of 15 years (who had 4 wins this season 3 of which came against the two worst teams in the league) and because he's apparently hasn't had as good a rookie season than Justin Herbert (whom he schooled in their head to head this season, as well as not shitting the bed when he came up against the owner of rookie QBs in NE, and a player he still had more wins than and way less losses, in a lot fewer games).

There is a distinct link between what the Jets "should do" at 2 and what we "should do" at 3. There are many many voices out there that truly believe the Jets should take Sewell at 2 (one year after grabbing Becton), passing on both Fields and Wilson because they feel that Darnold hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip. Darnold has shown nothing that would suggest a change in coaching will magically fix him btw. Yet are telling us we have to draft a QB at 3, because our rookie QB, who set records in college and was touted as one of the best prospects to come out in many a year prior to his injury, didn't suddenly start to play like Peyton Manning (well he actually did play a lot better than Manning in his rookie season). Here is one such example:

I listened to the PFF 2 for 1 podcast on Monday of this week where they did their mock, the guy doing the mock, mocked us to Sewell but the host described that as the "worst case scenario" stating picking a QB a 3 is what we should do or trade down, stating that Tua wasn't bad this season but wasn't good and that Zach Wilson has a way bigger arm and is way more accurate (what was that accuracy record Tua hold's in college history ? Who has Wilson beaten exactly, which elite college defenses has he shown that elite arm and accuracy trait against ?). They both said that the Jets should move on from Darnold though which shows they do have some intelligence in there, however they described Fields and Wilson as generational talents that had they come out last year would have been #1 picks !! Really, after Burrow's season ? Wilson, who hasn't beaten anyone and is very much a one year wonder and Fields who has two games on his resume from this year, Northwestern and Indiana that were so so bad that you wondered why he was even a first round prospect, 2 types of performance BTW that you can not find anywhere on Tua's college resume.

It's double standard nonsense, it's fine if folks want to discount any parallels to the Jets situation with their young QB. But it just shows another example of Tua just not getting that same benefit of the doubt that other young QB's get and I have no idea why that is, do you ?

Anyone arguing that taking a QB at 3 is not a reflection on Tua being classed as a bust, is completely out of their goad. There was literally no precedence for a team doing this until Murray over Rosen (who wasn't even a top 10 pick BTW) , and even then there is zero precedence for a team allowing top 5 QBs to battle it out for the starting job. Rosen was packed off the next day to a stupid team willing to give up a 2nd rounder for him because there was no way anyone thought it was a good idea to keep him around and try to compete. Taking a QB at 3 is giving up on Tua and moving on, it's not allowing two top 5 QB picks to compete. If that's what people think then they are way better judges of talent than I will ever be because 9 games (under incredibly difficult circumstances) is not enough evidence for me to make a call, especially on a player that was so damn good in college.

TLDR;
Take a QB at 3 if you have seen enough of Tua, he's a bust.

Personally I fed up with all the crap being thrown at our rookie QB who just completed 9 games in this league with a 6-3 record and 11 tds to just 5 ints. At times he's shown incredible ability to manipulate the pocket, ability to throw into tight windows, use his legs when needed and learn from his mistakes. All on the back of a return from a horrific injury most thought he wouldn't see the field in 2020, lack of any meaningful pre-season where he wasn't even the starter and therefore didn't take the najority of the snaps, and throwing to a XFL calibre WR corps that have no idea how getting separation works. It was a damn good rookie season, but it's being shat on by folks because Flores thought it was a good idea to pull him in close games for a vet of 15 years (who had 4 wins this season 3 of which came against the two worst teams in the league) and because he's apparently hasn't had as good a rookie season than Justin Herbert (whom he schooled in their head to head this season, as well as not ****ting the bed when he came up against the owner of rookie QBs in NE, and a player he still had more wins than and way less losses, in a lot fewer games).

There is a distinct link between what the Jets "should do" at 2 and what we "should do" at 3. There are many many voices out there that truly believe the Jets should take Sewell at 2 (one year after grabbing Becton), passing on both Fields and Wilson because they feel that Darnold hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip. Darnold has showing nothing that would suggest a change in coaching will magically fix him btw. Yet are telling us we have to draft a QB at 3, because our rookie QB, who set records in college and was touted as one of the best prospects to come out in many a year prior to his injury, didn't suddenly start to play like Peyton Manning (well he actually did play a lot better than Manning in his rookie season). Here is one such example:

I listened to the PFF 2 for 1 podcast on Monday of this week where they did their mock, the guy doing the mock, mocked us to Sewell but the host described that as the "worst case scenario" stating picking a QB a 3 is what we should do or trade down, stating that Tua wasn't bad this season but wasn't good and that Zach Wilson has a way bigger arm and is way more accurate (what was that accuracy record Tua hold's in college history ? Who has Wilson beaten exactly, which elite college defenses has he shown that elite arm and accuracy trait against ?). They both said that the Jets should move on from Darnold though which shows they do have some intelligence in there, however they described Fields and Wilson as generational talents that had they come out last year would have been #1 picks !! Really, after Burrow's season ? Wilson, who hasn't beaten anyone and is very much a one year wonder and Fields who has two games on his resume from this year, Northwestern and Indiana that were so so bad that you wondered why he was even a first round prospect, 2 types of performance BTW that you can not find anywhere on Tua's college resume.

It's double standard nonsense, it's fine if folks want to discount any parallels to the Jets situation with their young QB. But it just shows another example of Tua just not getting that same benefit of the doubt that other young QB's get and I have no idea why that is, do you ?

Anyone arguing that taking a QB at 3 is not a reflection on Tua being classed as a bust, is completely out of their goad. There was literally no precedence for a team doing this until Murray over Rosen (who wasn't even a top 10 pick BTW) , and even then there is zero precedence for a team allowing top 5 QBs to battle it out for the starting job. Rosen was packed off the next day to a stupid team willing to give up a 2nd rounder for him because there was no way anyone thought it was a good idea to keep him around and try to compete. Taking a QB at 3 is giving up on Tua and moving on, it's not allowing two top 5 QB picks to compete. If that's what people think then they are way better judges of talent than I will ever be because 9 games (under incredibly difficult circumstances) is not enough evidence for me to make a call, especially on a player that was so damn good in college.

TLDR;

That would be stupid, imagine.
They have Jets picking an OL to "help" Darnold, but they have the Dolphins picking a QB because Tua is not good.
It does NOT make sense.
If they pick Sewell, then we should try and trade our pick because there are teams that would love to pick Fields or Wilson, and WE DONT NEED A QB, we have our starter.

Could happen, either way we are taking Fields, Lawrence or Wilson. One will be there for us. We have no choice, this may be our last time in the top 3 for years to come, we have to get a franchise QB.
If Tua sucks as bad as many of you claim he does, why wouldn’t they have a high pick again anytime soon?

Personally I fed up with all the crap being thrown at our rookie QB who just completed 9 games in this league with a 6-3 record and 11 tds to just 5 ints. At times he's shown incredible ability to manipulate the pocket, ability to throw into tight windows, use his legs when needed and learn from his mistakes. All on the back of a return from a horrific injury most thought he wouldn't see the field in 2020, lack of any meaningful pre-season where he wasn't even the starter and therefore didn't take the najority of the snaps, and throwing to a XFL calibre WR corps that have no idea how getting separation works. It was a damn good rookie season, but it's being shat on by folks because Flores thought it was a good idea to pull him in close games for a vet of 15 years (who had 4 wins this season 3 of which came against the two worst teams in the league) and because he's apparently hasn't had as good a rookie season than Justin Herbert (whom he schooled in their head to head this season, as well as not ****ting the bed when he came up against the owner of rookie QBs in NE, and a player he still had more wins than and way less losses, in a lot fewer games).

There is a distinct link between what the Jets "should do" at 2 and what we "should do" at 3. There are many many voices out there that truly believe the Jets should take Sewell at 2 (one year after grabbing Becton), passing on both Fields and Wilson because they feel that Darnold hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip. Darnold has shown nothing that would suggest a change in coaching will magically fix him btw. Yet are telling us we have to draft a QB at 3, because our rookie QB, who set records in college and was touted as one of the best prospects to come out in many a year prior to his injury, didn't suddenly start to play like Peyton Manning (well he actually did play a lot better than Manning in his rookie season). Here is one such example:

TLDR;

Great post. You forgot to mention how bad Miami’s offensive line was. They were the 29th rated pass blocking line by PFF.

Back
Top Bottom