Start talking #3 officially | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start talking #3 officially

Not to burst your bubbles of any of you Zach Wilson followers... but get this, hes still the same QB that got beat by my Hawaii Warriors in the 2019 Hawaii Bowl. UH has one of the most terrible D in the nation. Not proud of it but its true!! Yes BYU was good this year, but the best team Wilson has played was UCF who had lost alot of talent these past few seasons.

All this talk about trading Tua or picking a QB at 3, its BS. Imagine if the Pack gave up on Rogers after his 1st season, or Indy with Peyton, or Dallas and Aikman. Not saying Tua will reach those heights, but damn people, get a grip.

Now, the 3rd pick, Id still be happy with a trade down anywhere from 4 to 8. I think if Miami do trade down then there will be a flurry of other trades too.

I reckon the best decision for both us and the Jets is to trade down, accumulate picks and build a team round our QBs. Not sure if Gase has broken Darnold yet but for their sake you would hope that a new coaching staff could bring the best out of him and building a team round him gives him the best chance to succeed. Sound familiar, it is exactly the same for Tua, if we could trade down and ideally get a number 1 pick next year while staying in the range to pick up a supposed stud WR that would be the ideal scenario. For me based on if it is close to BPA I would be drafting a tackle with our own first round pick, moving hunt to guard, and with the two 2nd round picks grab a running back and another WR. Yes our D does have an issue stopping the run, but to enable Tua to become the player we all hope he can become lets surround him with talent.

To me the best thing we could do for Tua is trade down a few spots and still get Kyle Pitts. Guy is money for a long long time. Lots of yardage, chains moved and scoring in one pick. He’s one of the best players that will come out of this draft. Get your line guys later, we don’t really need Sewell when there are teams that would covet him and we can make a deal. We need more playmakers for Tua.

Just saw a no trade mock with us taking Parsons at 3, then Smith. Creed, Cosmi in the second and Williams to round out the 3rd. I moved it to the top of my mock list.

There’s no way on gods green earth that that Karate Kid from BYU is a better QB than Tua.

That guy on PFF who said he was more accurate than Tua must have his eyes painted on.

Tua was one of the most accurate college QB’s of all time. FML

He’s our guy. You’ll see. Patience.

If there are no trade scenarios and we actually pick 3rd, who do you want us to pick, assuming Lawrence and Fields are gone?

There’s no way on gods green earth that that Karate Kid from BYU is a better QB than Tua.

That guy on PFF who said he was more accurate than Tua must have his eyes painted on.

Tua was one of the most accurate college QB’s of all time. FML

He’s our guy. You’ll see. Patience.
If you still see clearly see "elite" from Tua, you aren't being honest either. It's possible, but your statement is based more on faith, than honest, non biased, in depth, technical analysis.

Your own words, "be patient, you'll see", indicate an undue amount of faith, rather than rational analysis.

I don't have a problem with that. A lot of ppl base far more important philosophies than football on "faith".

It's far more likely, and always has been, that Tua is average, or a little above. His physical limitations, like it or not, limit his ceiling.

That doesn't mean we cant win with him, or that he is an abject failure. It means he needs a good situation, a good system that fits his skillset, and talent around him.

That also happens to be true of any QB.

If there are no trade scenarios and we actually pick 3rd, who do you want us to pick, assuming Lawrence and Fields are gone?
There is a whole thread about that precise question.

There is a whole thread about that precise question.

Sorry, with that title, I didn't realize that's what it was about. I assumed all 3rd overall pick chat had been merged here. My apologies

Sorry, with that title, I didn't realize that's what it was about. I assumed all 3rd overall pick chat had been merged here. My apologies
No apology necessary.

I wasn't being a d**k. I realized the title was not exactly precise, and thought you had possibly glossed it over.

Its a good thread, with a lot of well thought out opinion.

If you still see clearly see "elite" from Tua, you aren't being honest either. It's possible, but your statement is based more on faith, than honest, non biased, in depth, technical analysis.

Your own words, "be patient, you'll see", indicate an undue amount of faith, rather than rational analysis.

I don't have a problem with that. A lot of ppl base far more important philosophies than football on "faith".

It's far more likely, and always has been, that Tua is average, or a little above. His physical limitations, like it or not, limit his ceiling.

That doesn't mean we cant win with him, or that he is an abject failure. It means he needs a good situation, a good system that fits his skillset, and talent around him.

That also happens to be true of any QB.
I have watched and analyzed football for many years. I don’t believe any rookie QB would have looked “elite” in Miami last year. It is difficult to explain, but there was always something “not right” about the way Gailey called games for Tua. It was like he always knew what plays would have the best chance to work, but he didn’t want to call them. His play calling was either genius or he looked senile and there was no middle ground. I don’t feel the need to defend Tua, but I can name dozens of QBs who didn’t look anywhere close to elite as rookies. Josh Allen was widely seen as a bust after his rookie season; I live in NY and the Bills fans trashed him as hard as people trash Tua.

I have watched and analyzed football for many years. I don’t believe any rookie QB would have looked “elite” in Miami last year. It is difficult to explain, but there was always something “not right” about the way Gailey called games for Tua. It was like he always knew what plays would have the best chance to work, but he didn’t want to call them. His play calling was either genius or he looked senile and there was no middle ground. I don’t feel the need to defend Tua, but I can name dozens of QBs who didn’t look anywhere close to elite as rookies. Josh Allen was widely seen as a bust after his rookie season; I live in NY and the Bills fans trashed him as hard as people trash Tua.
There's a very good reason rookies don't often look elite. THEY AREN'T ELITE. Elite is rare. Rookies are common. It is only rational that rookies won't look elite. That has zero bearing on the percentage of guys who will actually become elite.

That is why it is a fatally flawed arguement to say this or that guy "didn't look elite either". The numbers bear out the fact that a very large majority are never going to be elite, regardless of their performance as a rookie.

Numbers don't lie. Emotions almost always do.

Back
Top Bottom