Start talking #3 officially | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start talking #3 officially

The trade down talk is really amusing. Have y’all not had enough Jared Odricks and Koa Misis to know that scenario doesn’t always yield good results? Has quantity over quality ever worked out great for the Dolphins??

At number 3, you run that card up for Devonta Smith. And then you let the board fall however it will. Now is not the time for little cute games. We need weaponry. Expeditiously.
So if someone offers Miami a number 1 next year to move down 3-5 spots, you would rather take Devonta Smith? Never get attached to a single player, especially a WR. There are other options. You cannot forfeit that kind of return just to move down a few spots. There's lots of value in the top 8 picks. They can get a great player and at a need position and not have to worry that they didn't get Smith. They might still get him BTW. Big picture here. A future number 1 is too much to pass up IMHO.

Have heard the Jags love Fields...ok probably not but lets go with it
Prior to the draft Bengals trade some capital to get the 2nd from Jets as the Jets can get either Wilson or Lance or Jones if they want a QB at 5

So Jags get Fields
Bengals get Sewel
Wait for it..........

Fins get Lawrence

It could happen....
;)

Trade Tua for a pick and hopefully get Waddle with their 18th

Have heard the Jags love Fields...ok probably not but lets go with it
Prior to the draft Bengals trade some capital to get the 2nd from Jets as the Jets can get either Wilson or Lance or Jones if they want a QB at 5

So Jags get Fields
Bengals get Sewel
Wait for it..........

Fins get Lawrence

It could happen....
;)

Trade Tua for a pick and hopefully get Waddle with their 18th
Could happen, either way we are taking Fields, Lawrence or Wilson. One will be there for us. We have no choice, this may be our last time in the top 3 for years to come, we have to get a franchise QB.

Could happen, either way we are taking Fields, Lawrence or Wilson. One will be there for us. We have no choice, this may be our last time in the top 3 for years to come, we have to get a franchise QB.

But Tua is sooooo bad, surely we'll be pretty close to top 3 again next year. SMH.

I think Jacksonville takes Lawrence. The Jets take Sewell. That leaves all the teams looking for a QB and loving Fields, ringing our phone asking to trade up to our pic.

So if someone offers Miami a number 1 next year to move down 3-5 spots, you would rather take Devonta Smith? Never get attached to a single player, especially a WR. There are other options. You cannot forfeit that kind of return just to move down a few spots. There's lots of value in the top 8 picks. They can get a great player and at a need position and not have to worry that they didn't get Smith. They might still get him BTW. Big picture here. A future number 1 is too much to pass up IMHO.
When’s the last time a team got a first rounder the following year, moving down only 5 spots? If that’s the return, sure let’s talk. That is hardly ever realistic.

I think Jacksonville takes Lawrence. The Jets take Sewell. That leaves all the teams looking for a QB and loving Fields, ringing our phone asking to trade up to our pic.
After the combine and all that time for overhyping QBs, the Jets will take one. They can't afford not to.

The trade down talk is really amusing. Have y’all not had enough Jared Odricks and Koa Misis to know that scenario doesn’t always yield good results? Has quantity over quality ever worked out great for the Dolphins??

At number 3, you run that card up for Devonta Smith. And then you let the board fall however it will. Now is not the time for little cute games. We need weaponry. Expeditiously.
I am with you all the way and have brought up missing out on Earl Thomas but we are talking a minimal trade down and still hopefully getting one of our top talents. But any other trade down? Like out of the top 10? That is a no bueno for me.

You used Odricks and Misis to generalize trade down result is a faulty concept.

Its all depends on your target. Most here want to target a wr, then trade down to 8 or 9 still yield you a stud wr.

Now, it's also true #7 could offer their R1 pick, R2 pick, and '21 R1 pick. No one knows. Depends on how bad they want to move up. I'm uncomfortable with those who see a '21 R1 offer (and more) as locked in. My preference is trade down, but Miami will have a limit how far they'll move and the other team will have a limit how much they'll pay.
I'll jump on it in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom