Starting in 2006: MNF to ESPN; SNF on NBC | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starting in 2006: MNF to ESPN; SNF on NBC

Would Bob Costas be in the NBC booth? That could be good.

This biggest shocker in all of this is the move of SNF to NBC. I had heard all along that MNF may move to ESPN, but I had always heard that SNF would go to ABC.

Wow, thats a shocker.
One of the great things about MNF was that it was a national stage, available to everyone that wanted to tune in. Believe it or not, there are still some areas of the country that do not have cable. The people that live in those areas that choose not to have satellite TV will no longer be able to watch MNF.

its on the espn page now, they confirmed SNF is on NBC, so Al Michaels will never ever do a dolphin game with ABC again

Al13 said:
what will happen to theisman then ? :D

Hopefully the whole SNF crew dissappears and is never heard from again.

I am suprised that MNF would move from a broadcast station to cable, but it's ratings have slipped, and the hardcore NFL fan will watch it anywhere.

Hopefully this is the end of John Madden and his bam-boom-fat-turdocken eating-madden-cruiser-riding-*** He is in love with Tom Brady and Bret Favre...those QB's he never stops talking about...he has to repeat himself over and over, and then tell you again what he just said....as if you did not get it the first time! I would rather tune in Mr Ego..Joe Theismann. :D

this mean that MNF won't be public anymore?....what a crock, some of us are poor college kids without cable!

Phinzone said:
this mean that MNF won't be public anymore?....what a crock, some of us are poor college kids without cable!

Sports Bars are your friend! :D

I was beginning to think that the MNF intro could not get any more stupid, but with ESPN doing it, it probably will. I just hope they don't change the MNF opening music, ya know, the original theme.

Phinzone said:

Eh you couldnt see Sunday Night games before so its kinda of a trade.

Honestly I could care less who is broadcasting the games.
As long as I can see them then its all good.

Cobra said:
Eh you couldnt see Sunday Night games before so its kinda of a trade.

Honestly I could care less who is broadcasting the games.
As long as I can see them then its all good.
True but just by adding NBC and losing ABc we gain Costas (probably) and lose Madden. that in itself is a good deal for fans who dont want to watch the game on mute.

Back
Top Bottom