Starting in 2006: MNF to ESPN; SNF on NBC | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starting in 2006: MNF to ESPN; SNF on NBC

Timmy54 said:
Doubt it. the NFL contract with FOX, CBS, and ABC (who owns ESPN for those living in denial) is a big money deal and these networks are not going to just let any part of the NFL leak away. even tho NBC is trying to get back in the market, it looks like they dont want to poney up NFL money so they get to host the ARENA league (which isnt a bad sub. to the NFL during the off season).

I hear by correct my earlier statement. ABC has lost its mind and allowed NBC back into the game. I admit when I am wrong, wow that was a bad one!!:shakeno: :shakeno: :eek: :yell: :fire: :cry: :confused:

pigskinguy said:
I wonder who NBC get to do the play-by-play. Do they go after Michaels and Madden? Or just Madden? Or neither? Maybe it will be Marv Alberts and John Madden? Or maybe it will be be Bob Costas.
So many questions........
Al Michaels has a rock solid contract with ABC. He isn't leaving.

Madden could go to NBC or back to FOX.

Timmy54 said:
I hear by correct my earlier statement. ABC has lost its mind and allowed NBC back into the game. I admit when I am wrong, wow that was a bad one!!:shakeno: :shakeno: :eek: :yell: :fire: :cry: :confused:

Why is it bad? ABC has a higer rated show that makes money in Desperte Houswives.

MNF loses money! You see, TV networks are in the business of making money. MNF loses money. They just got rid of a loss. Profits will go up! ABC did the right thing.

I wonder who the announcers will be for the games now. Will the ESPN Sunday night crew do the Monday Night games, and who does NBC get to do the Sunday Nighter?

DonShula84 said:
I wonder who the announcers will be for the games now. Will the ESPN Sunday night crew do the Monday Night games, and who does NBC get to do the Sunday Nighter?

ESPN didn't lose anything. They are just moving their package over one day and changing the name. ESPN WILL KEEP EVERYTHING THE SAME!

MikeO said:
Al Michaels has a rock solid contract with ABC. He isn't leaving.

Madden could go to NBC or back to FOX.

I think Madden ends up at NBC. As for who does the play-by-play, IF Michaels still want to do football he would leave ABC. What will he do at ABC now? If not Michaels, who do you think NBC gets. The only guy that really jumps tp mind is Alberts? or maybe they go in a whole different direction and get a lesser known guy........anyone else come to mind??

pigskinguy said:
I think Madden ends up at NBC. As for who does the play-by-play, IF Michaels still want to do football he would leave ABC. What will he do at ABC now? If not Michaels, who do you think NBC gets. The only guy that really jumps tp mind is Alberts? or maybe they go in a whole different direction and get a lesser known guy........anyone else come to mind??

Al Michales is the lead play by play voice of the NBA on ABC.

NBC is already paying Marv Albert, they won't go outside and pay someone else when someone is already on their roster.

MikeO said:
Al Michales is the lead play by play voice of the NBA on ABC.

NBC is already paying Marv Albert, they won't go outside and pay someone else when someone is already on their roster.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Shows you what I think of the NBA. I didn't know Michaels was doing the play-by- play. (God I hate the NBA).

I wouldn't mind a Alberts-Madden booth........unlike most people hear I don't hate Madden, yeah he rambles on too much at times, but he still know his football.

I don't care who has the games on SNF or MNF, just so long as we still get to have SNF and MNF.

I'm not certain Michaels will stick around at ABC. If he does, he's a lock for the new MNF telecasts. I mean, if the argument is that he's locked up by Disney, why not use him for that?

As far as Madden goes, I'm rooting for John's "Final Call" (to borrow from Rusty Wallace) this season. If NBC or any of the nets hire him, I will vomit. I don't know who to suggest to pair with Costas or Albert. Maybe they could make a run at somebody unconventional. I know Dennis Miller didn't go over at all, but I seem to recall that NBC was the net that liked to use Bob Euker in the booth for baseball...

MikeO said:
ESPN didn't lose anything. They are just moving their package over one day and changing the name. ESPN WILL KEEP EVERYTHING THE SAME!

I know they didnt lose anything. Just curious to see if maybe they give the booth a new look now maybe try to bring Madden over or something, you might want to calm down a bit though, less coffee or something.

Back
Top Bottom