Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Getting lucky lmao. It’s past the point of luck. Ed Reed have a lucky career too? Give me a break.

He’s had a great 6 game or whatever stretch and yes he’s made some plays but right now he’s just got and everything going his way. Still doesn’t change the fact he’s gone so why continue to harp over his play, he didn’t want to be here and we got fair compensation. If we got a 3rd round pick then complain but to freak out because he’s had a great 6 games when we still got a first round pick for him is just stupid. If he continues for the next 2-3 year playing like this then fine call it a bad trade but it’s been 6 games...

He’s had a great 6 game or whatever stretch and yes he’s made some plays but right now he’s just got and everything going his way. Still doesn’t change the fact he’s gone so why continue to harp over his play, he didn’t want to be here and we got fair compensation. If we got a 3rd round pick then complain but to freak out because he’s had a great 6 games when we still got a first round pick for him is just stupid. If he continues for the next 2-3 year playing like this then fine call it a bad trade but it’s been 6 games...
I understand what you’re saying but they are a completely different team with him - and he is a MAJOR reason they are back in the playoff conversation. At this point I believe it’s safe to say he will be a great player for a long time. It’s not as though his rookie season was crap w us. He made big plays. He’s only going to continue to get better - which is a scary thought. The Steelers are one of the best run orgs in the NFL - and they have not traded their no 1 pick since 1966 - that’s how much they thought of Minkah. And he’s proven them right - already. We have 3 no picks is the silver lining I guess. Perhaps we are going to make moves w that draft capital to get the guys we want and it will work out for us. We shall see. But as far as Minkah goes, he had one bad game this season (week 1) and he is squarely in the DPOY conversation- especially if they make the playoffs. I suspect they will pass up the Bills who are frauds.

Minkah looks great for Pitt but its pretty clear Flores wants guys who can play multiple positions in the backfield. Thats not what Minkah is about.

In hindsight we should’ve traded X to the Rams for 2 number ones and just parked Minkah at FS.

Minkah looks great for Pitt but its pretty clear Flores wants guys who can play multiple positions in the backfield. Thats not what Minkah is about.

First, the trade is what it is.

Second, there's been no indication Flores wanted this trade. Minkah forced it.

Third, it had nothing to do with Minkah not wanting to play multiple positions. He came here embracing the idea of being a Swiss Army Knife. He arrived in Pittsburgh embracing the ideas of being used in multiple ways.

Something happened between Minkah and Flores and our organization. No one knows what. I don't know if Minkah felt he was being lied to or didn't want to be part of a tank or just didn't like the way his role was being explained to him.

Whatever it was, he didn't want to be here and differences couldn't be reconciled and it's hard to imagine we'll get equal value for him. But that's just how it goes. But him not wanting to play multiple positions had nothing to do with it, unless by multiple positions you mean he didn't want to play every defensive position.

Now where is that guy who asked for the Steelers were going to get 8 or 9 wins. Lol oh he didn’t even see 5.
I guess he is hiding from this thread. Jesus

I can't find my post but think I was mocked a little for saying the Steelers pick wouldn't be top 5 or 10. We've had no luck with any of our first round picks this year, would suprise me at all if we have to trade down to get the volume picks we need. And wow in Minkah playing much more than the first round pick we got for him.
So was I. Completely laughed at

He wasn’t going to sit out thbe season.
Agree. Don’t argue with that dude. We had no leverage. We had to trade mikah. Mikah had all the leverage. I heard he is allowed to tell us who to draft with the pick we got for him. He has all the leverage.

Back
Top Bottom