Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving | Page 44 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Unless this pick is used to snag a franchise-defining QB in a trade up, this trade will end up a bust. No way we hit on the same quality of player with that pick.

This is what I said all a long. Good franchises don’t give up a known quality asset a year in for another lotto ticket.

So was I. Completely laughed at

Well you called it, one way or another they have won these game, did you catch that 4th down conversion on like their own 30 late in the game?

I do not need to. You are heavily involved in every thread defending this organization anytime a thread is created critical of the team. It is very challenging not seeing them
Not sure if it is the organization he defends but this regime. They can do no wrong according to that guy and a few others.

Think about this - this production is equivalent to Reshad Jones’ best season in 2015 - the season he led the NFL in tackles, had 5 picks, 2 TDs etc - and was the top S statistically in the league (even better than Earl Thomas who was no 2) - and there are still 7 games to go. Holy **** me sideways.

First, the trade is what it is.

Second, there's been no indication Flores wanted this trade. Minkah forced it.

Third, it had nothing to do with Minkah not wanting to play multiple positions. He came here embracing the idea of being a Swiss Army Knife. He arrived in Pittsburgh embracing the ideas of being used in multiple ways.

Something happened between Minkah and Flores and our organization. No one knows what. I don't know if Minkah felt he was being lied to or didn't want to be part of a tank or just didn't like the way his role was being explained to him.

Whatever it was, he didn't want to be here and differences couldn't be reconciled and it's hard to imagine we'll get equal value for him. But that's just how it goes. But him not wanting to play multiple positions had nothing to do with it, unless by multiple positions you mean he didn't want to play every defensive position.
I agree and disagree. Minkah did say that he did not want to play multiple positions especially strong safety citing his low weight. But I do agree that probably something happened or was said between him and the Team Management/Coaches where the differences were irreconcilable. Before the Trade, my opinion was that wherever Minkah goes, he will be a pro bowler but he is probably playing better than that! But on the other hand, Brian Flores knows Defense as well as most coaches and he wanted Minkah to play differently so hard to argue with that. Wasn't Derwin James drafted around the pick (17th in Rd 1) we may get for Minkah? And Minkah's season this year is similar to James' last year - difference makers for the season but safeties that could be had in top 20 of a draft.

Minkah looks great for Pitt but its pretty clear Flores wants guys who can play multiple positions in the backfield. Thats not what Minkah is about.
Then the problem is with Flores. Fitzpatrick is in the DPOY conversation. This might go down with Grier telling his owner he's not gonna pick Lamar Jackson.

Then the problem is with Flores. Fitzpatrick is in the DPOY conversation. This might go down with Grier telling his owner he's not gonna pick Lamar Jackson.

I don't buy long term success with Jackson, We've seen this pony before with Vick,RG3, Kaepernick, Good for a few years till defenses figure out how to play them.. He is a torn ACL from having to simply rely on his arm talent alone which i think at this point is unproven since they are all worried about his feet his stats are inflated imo.

This issue is that Minkah wanted to get out of here, What makes you think he would have resigned with us?? If you go with the lottery pick analogy some posters are using that is so cute.. Yes I would buy another lottery ticket if my 100 dollar bill was on fire and the cashier would take it.

This issue is that Minkah wanted to get out of here, What makes you think he would have resigned with us?? If you go with the lottery pick analogy some posters are using that is so cute.. Yes I would buy another lottery ticket if my 100 dollar bill was on fire and the cashier would take it.

The Dolphins had quite a few seasons before they had to worry about Minkah re-signing.

I don't buy long term success with Jackson, We've seen this pony before with Vick,RG3, Kaepernick, Good for a few years till defenses figure out how to play them.. He is a torn ACL from having to simply rely on his arm talent alone which i think at this point is unproven since they are all worried about his feet his stats are inflated imo.

Guys like you didn't see short-term success either. There is this perpetually moving goalpost with Jackson's detractors. He isn't RG3 and he's not Kaepernick, he's exponentially more talented than either. And if there was a schematic antidote to what he's doing teams would of already found it since both Kaepernick and Tyrod Taylor ran a more primitive iteration of this offense. But it's doubtful we would have used him correctly, so we have that reassuring thought. And if you don't think the man can throw it probably astounds you that he already has as many games with a perfect QB rating as Brady has had in his career.

The Steelers absolutely fleeced us. You don't surrender a guy with DPOY potential and 3 more years of cost control for a lottery ticket. You don't know he would of left in 3 years and even if you did, there is a non-zero chance ANY player might leave at the end of their contract. I'm still not going to give away a stud for the 1/3 chance I might get another, who could demand a trade just as easily if things are bad.

I said Steelers would at worst win 8. Everybody laughed. One one poster said he couldn’t see 5 or 6 games they would win. Now it could be 10 or more. That defense always got pressure but had gapping holes in back end. Now fitz has locked that down.

honestly fitz is a smart player. That why Miami drafted him. Remember the SI story of our scout seeing him in the film room before game at bama????
With a smart safety and all that pressure from tj watt (another guy I wanted). There are not many breakdowns or time for breakdowns against that Steeler d.

if Ben is healthy next year then some of you will be happy because that will be pats real threat beside ravens

Steelers are mostly likely going to playoffs unless browns and jets step up. Raven play them at end of season but might not have anything to play for.

jets have historically played Steelers tough in New York. So that could be upset. Hopefully browns on short week squeak by.

but Steelers get all the breaks. More then pats. League finally makes them play on Thursday night road game and it’s one game they only have to travel 1.5 hours up the road. They got two huge calls yesterday. It’s good for business when Steelers are doing well.

They got browns bengals browns bills cards jets ravens. Really need 3 more losses. Then maybe pick will be only 16 or 17.

just a horrible trade.
you don’t just give a player a trade cause he wants out if he is in his second year.

Especially after you told the owner a year ago to shut up and that you were drafting him not trading down for Lamar Jackson.

Listen , I like what Flores is doing. I think he has some really great potential. But all these posters who get all upset and say this was a good trade or we had to move him. Just admit that it was a mistake.

you don’t always have to back up a regime just cause you like them or hated gase or whatever. No regime is perfect. This trad was a flat out mistake. If you defend it then it seems like you have a bias and can’t be taken seriously.

I really am tired of hearing from Steeler fans how great fitz is especially when we drafted him and I announced to my friends he had elite safety skills like Troy P. Ugh it just sucks.

Guys like you didn't see short-term success either. There is this perpetually moving goalpost with Jackson's detractors. He isn't RG3 and he's not Kaepernick, he's exponentially more talented than either. And if there was a schematic antidote to what he's doing teams would of already found it since both Kaepernick and Tyrod Taylor ran a more primitive iteration of this offense. But it's doubtful we would have used him correctly, so we have that reassuring thought. And if you don't think the man can throw it probably astounds you that he already has as many games with a perfect QB rating as Brady has had in his career.
Yep. And he has a great HC and program around him. Ravens fans should be very happy. This is a long term winner they have in Jackson.

I said Steelers would at worst win 8. Everybody laughed. One one poster said he couldn’t see 5 or 6 games they would win. Now it could be 10 or more. That defense always got pressure but had gapping holes in back end. Now fitz has locked that down.

honestly fitz is a smart player. That why Miami drafted him. Remember the SI story of our scout seeing him in the film room before game at bama????
With a smart safety and all that pressure from tj watt (another guy I wanted). There are not many breakdowns or time for breakdowns against that Steeler d.

if Ben is healthy next year then some of you will be happy because that will be pats real threat beside ravens

Steelers are mostly likely going to playoffs unless browns and jets step up. Raven play them at end of season but might not have anything to play for.

jets have historically played Steelers tough in New York. So that could be upset. Hopefully browns on short week squeak by.

but Steelers get all the breaks. More then pats. League finally makes them play on Thursday night road game and it’s one game they only have to travel 1.5 hours up the road. They got two huge calls yesterday. It’s good for business when Steelers are doing well.

They got browns bengals browns bills cards jets ravens. Really need 3 more losses. Then maybe pick will be only 16 or 17.

just a horrible trade.
you don’t just give a player a trade cause he wants out if he is in his second year.

Especially after you told the owner a year ago to shut up and that you were drafting him not trading down for Lamar Jackson.

Listen , I like what Flores is doing. I think he has some really great potential. But all these posters who get all upset and say this was a good trade or we had to move him. Just admit that it was a mistake.

you don’t always have to back up a regime just cause you like them or hated gase or whatever. No regime is perfect. This trad was a flat out mistake. If you defend it then it seems like you have a bias and can’t be taken seriously.

I really am tired of hearing from Steeler fans how great fitz is especially when we drafted him and I announced to my friends he had elite safety skills like Troy P. Ugh it just sucks.
Agree. I’ve been praising Flores work so far but this was a huge mistake / mismanagement of the situation. I hope he learns from it. Unlike Gase who was / is too stubborn to learn. Minkah is a great player. We (our staff) knew that. I’ll never understand this one. I’ll shut up about it at some time in the future but now is not that time. It’s too raw / too soon.

When this pick ends up being Grant Delpit or Kristian Fulton, people will soften on the Minkah deal.

Back
Top Bottom