Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving

only happens if whoever finishes at 2 doesn’t need a qb.

and yes we will pay a King’s ransom. I personally think it will be Herbert unless cinci takes him.
Outside of the Giants I can't see any of the bottom feeders staying pat with their guy over Tua. Arizona and Cleveland will win some games this year, doubt they will be in the hunt.

Outside of the Giants I can't see any of the bottom feeders staying pat with their guy over Tua. Arizona and Cleveland will win some games this year, doubt they will be in the hunt.

Yep I agree. I think the giants stay pat. Same for zona and cleveland. I think the jets might also. They may blame the spleen for darnolds struggles.

Yep I agree. I think the giants stay pat. Same for zona and cleveland. I think the jets might also. They may blame the spleen for darnolds struggles.
It's all just wishful thinking for #1 at this point. Cincy has cut off the electricity to the film room and locked the doors to the practice field. It's a battle for #2 now.

What about the Jets? Do you think they’ll move on from Darnold so quickly?

What about the Jets? Do you think they’ll move on from Darnold so quickly?
If he doesn't turn it around the rest of the season plays poorly, absolutely. That's assuming they end up with #1 or #2 pick. Surely they could recoup a pick for Darnold similar to the Rosen situation.

If he doesn't turn it around the rest of the season plays poorly, absolutely. That's assuming they end up with #1 or #2 pick. Surely they could recoup a pick for Darnold similar to the Rosen situation.
You are probably right and it’s just wishful thinking on my part that they remain patient w him even if they go 2-14.

Darnold looked much better against the Giants yesterday. I think he's safe for at least another year. They may be in play for Lawrence.

Agree. I’ve been praising Flores work so far but this was a huge mistake / mismanagement of the situation. I hope he learns from it. Unlike Gase who was / is too stubborn to learn. Minkah is a great player. We (our staff) knew that. I’ll never understand this one. I’ll shut up about it at some time in the future but now is not that time. It’s too raw / too soon.
Yep very raw. That’s the best way to put it especially for me living in steeler nation.

Darnold looked much better against the Giants yesterday. I think he's safe for at least another year. They may be in play for Lawrence.
No surprise there Giants have given up 27+ points in 9 of 10 games. If Darnold improves then they won't be in play for Lawrence.

only happens if whoever finishes at 2 doesn’t need a qb.

and yes we will pay a King’s ransom. I personally think it will be Herbert unless cinci takes him.
If we trade up to number 2 and Tua or Burrow is there and we take Herbert, this place would have a massive myocardial infarction.

If we trade up to number 2 and Tua or Burrow is there and we take Herbert, this place would have a massive myocardial infarction.

well then we will all be out of our misery. You wait til Herbert blows the doors off the combine and pre draft pro day stuff. I know how this stuff goes.

the nfl decision makers gonna see that arm and that atblete and they gonna come runnin for it.

Last edited:
The Steelers absolutely fleeced us. You don't surrender a guy with DPOY potential and 3 more years of cost control for a lottery ticket. You don't know he would of left in 3 years and even if you did, there is a non-zero chance ANY player might leave at the end of their contract. I'm still not going to give away a stud for the 1/3 chance I might get another, who could demand a trade just as easily if things are bad.
1/3 might be generous.

Kipers already said that Herberts the most physically gifted qb prospect in the last 20 years.

regardless of what you think of kiper you think he’s the only one that thinks that in nfl circles?

and the last guy that was close to that gifted played trash competition and completed only 57 percent of his passes in college and still went at 7. Josh allen.

herberts at a near 70 percent clip this year and throwing nfl route tree rockets all over tbe field.

silly arm display and effortless to all fields. Someone buys into they can get consistent mechanics and someone will no doubt with coaching and pivots to a pistol based o and they sprint the card to the table.

You’ve been warned. Floor is pick 5 but it’s more likely 2.

Last edited:
well then we will all be out of our misery. You wait til Herbert blows the doors off the combine and pre draft pro day stuff. I know how this stuff goes.

the nfl decision makers gonna see that arm and that atblete and they gonna come runnin for it.

Happens all the time, no doubt if/when he kills the combine he will be right up there in the conversation. The media type always catch up later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom