Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Kipers already said that Herberts the most physically gifted qb prospect in the last 20 years.

regardless of what you think of kiper you think he’s the only one that thinks that in nfl circles?

and the last guy that was close to that gifted played trash competition and completed only 57 percent of his passes in college and still went at 7. Josh allen.

herberts at a near 70 percent clip this year and throwing nfl route tree rockets all over tbe field.

silly arm display and effortless to all fields. Someone buys into they can get consistent mechanics and someone will no doubt with coaching and pivots to a pistol based o and they sprint the card to the table.

You’ve been warned. Floor is pick 5 but it’s more likely 2.

Would be great if this becomes another Trubisky scenario where some chump franchise fools themselves into measurables while the guys with the moxy and football talent drop.

Would be great if this becomes another Trubisky scenario where some chump franchise fools themselves into measurables while the guys with the moxy and football talent drop.

very possible but you know where trubisky went. Pick 2 and he’s not Herbert level gifted.

it would be no surprise that the QB (or QBs) that turn out to be the best NFL players were not the best college QBs.

Ken Dorsey and Gino Torretta spring to mind (as a Canes fan).

very possible but you know where trubisky went. Pick 2 and he’s not Herbert level gifted.
I have literally never seen Herbert play.

Hoops, how do you think he would fare if he were the starter on both this year's LSU and Alabama teams?

True but the old saying "he has all the gifts, we just need to coach him" has been that sorry excuse teams use to draft the "prototype qb".

The bills drafted Josh Allen thinking his flaws would be coached up and he hasn't improved. Still one of the worst rated passers this year. He missed some big throws yesterday.

Trubisky was outright foolish from the get go. Whether it was fox trying to save his job or pace doesn't matter. He had the physical tools but he was never a difference maker in college.

Daniel Jones is the next one I can think of. Measurable but seeing his play at Duke should have thrown red flags up all over the place.

I summary this is not the "tall, white, and smart" argument that exists but an overall flaw in the scouting and coaching process. The idea these kids will simply overcome flaws they never ever tried yo improve is asinine. You are not wrong to pick a Lamar Jackson top 15, but you are wrong to point out a his flaws at qb then but justify the same reasons for picking the other 4 top 10. Strange business scouting the QB is

True but the old saying "he has all the gifts, we just need to coach him" has been that sorry excuse teams use to draft the "prototype qb".

The bills drafted Josh Allen thinking his flaws would be coached up and he hasn't improved. Still one of the worst rated passers this year. He missed some big throws yesterday.

Trubisky was outright foolish from the get go. Whether it was fox trying to save his job or pace doesn't matter. He had the physical tools but he was never a difference maker in college.

Daniel Jones is the next one I can think of. Measurable but seeing his play at Duke should have thrown red flags up all over the place.

I summary this is not the "tall, white, and smart" argument that exists but an overall flaw in the scouting and coaching process. The idea these kids will simply overcome flaws they never ever tried yo improve is asinine. You are not wrong to pick a Lamar Jackson top 15, but you are wrong to point out a his flaws at qb then but justify the same reasons for picking the other 4 top 10. Strange business scouting the QB is
The biggest intangible is “is the guy a winner” or not and I don’t know how you measure that one. I can think of Joe Montana playing his heart out to win a bowl game when he was sick and his body temp was 96 or something like that. Or Marino’s famous bowl game discussion in the final seconds “we didn’t come here to tie” w coach when deciding if they kick a FG on 4th down - he goes out and throws a bomb for TD to beat the blitz and win the game. Then again, Vince Young did his thing that day he sucked in the NFL. Still - show me something that points to “heart of a lion” / “will of steel” to go along w the talent vs just the talent part.

bad week to pile on Daniel Jones.

name the last rookie QB to throw for 4 tds in a game.

I’ll wait.

People need to chill, you can’t call the trade a win or loss yet until Miami does something with the Pittsburgh pick. At least wait until they draft a player with it. Geez.

People need to chill, you can’t call the trade a win or loss yet until Miami does something with the Pittsburgh pick. At least wait until they draft a player with it. Geez.

What happens when they throw it in moving up in the draft for their qb?

cause that’s likely the way things are going.

Dammit. Pray for Baker to gain last year magic and tell Kitchens to go back to using Haley/Jacksons playbook,Hope A.J Green returns for the Pitt game, Maybe Murray can make something Happen, Gase is good for drawing a gameplan when it least matters and I think they lose to Bal and Buf.
Buffalo fans are all ready saying they have no chance at pitt on their message board. lol
Heck maybe Steelers will win super bowl. I been telling their fans they will be one and done. Might be my punshiment.

Back
Top Bottom