Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving | Page 49 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving

I have literally never seen Herbert play.

Hoops, how do you think he would fare if he were the starter on both this year's LSU and Alabama teams?
If he was on Alabama, he’d have one loss. If he was on LSU, they’d be undefeated or maybe have one loss. I think he’s a super talent, but Burrow better overall right now. I wouldn’t be disappointed in Herbert at all. Don’t know if Herbert would’ve led the Tigers to a win In Tuscaloosa like Burrow did. All hypothetical anyhow.

If he was on Alabama, he’d have one loss. If he was on LSU, they’d be undefeated or maybe have one loss. I think he’s a super talent, but Burrow better overall right now. I wouldn’t be disappointed in Herbert at all. Don’t know if Herbert would’ve led the Tigers to a win In Tuscaloosa like Burrow did. All hypothetical anyhow.
Thanks.

Just curious how he'd fare with the same supporting cast, scheme, coaching, etc.

Thanks.

Just curious how he'd fare with the same supporting cast, scheme, coaching, etc.
Of course it’s pure speculation. I’ve watched Herbert twice and he’s very physically impressive with a powerful arm. I wish he had Fitzpatrick’s pocket savvy. For an older dude, he steps up into and wiggles out of a collapsing pocket a la Drew Breese. Like I said, I’m fine talking BPA, as long as it’s not Grier decIding who’s the BPA.

Of course it’s pure speculation. I’ve watched Herbert twice and he’s very physically impressive with a powerful arm. I wish he had Fitzpatrick’s pocket savvy. For an older dude, he steps up into and wiggles out of a collapsing pocket a la Drew Breese. Like I said, I’m fine talking BPA, as long as it’s not Grier decIding who’s the BPA.
Curious how the team will ultimately rank Tua, Burrow and Herbert.

If we end up with the 3rd pick overall, are we ok with whoever is left if QBs go 1 and 2?

If we get the top pick who do we prefer?

Second pick who do we take if Tua goes first, or Burrow goes first, or Herbert.

Etc., etc.

If we end up with the 3rd pick overall, are we ok with whoever is left if QBs go 1 and 2?

Etc., etc.

Seeing as we just don't know what these QBs will become in the NFL, I'd take the one that falls to us rather than trade up.

But if they do trade up, atleast we know they operated with conviction as opposed to sitting back and hoping for the best.

Tua is the gold. And, who knows? He may fall due to injury. Or maybe Burrows passed him this weekend.

Either way, if we want a QB, we can go get ourselves a QB.

Seeing as we just don't know what these QBs will become in the NFL, I'd take the one that falls to us rather than trade up.

But if they do trade up, atleast we know they operated with conviction as opposed to sitting back and hoping for the best.

Tua is the gold. And, who knows? He may fall due to injury. Or maybe Burrows passed him this weekend.

Either way, if we want a QB, we can go get ourselves a QB.
I think we will be in the top three picks and will only have to trade if we don't want one (or two) of the three top QBs.

If we don't trade, one will be there for us. Is it one we want?

I think we will be in the top three picks and will only have to trade if we don't want one (or two) of the three top QBs.

If we don't trade, one will be there for us. Is it one we want?

Well, worst case scenario? Let's see.

Bengals
Redskins
Jets
Falcons
Dolphins

Top 3 QBs could theoretically be off the board.

And someone told me the other day that curses don't exist. What a year to have so many really bad teams.

The draft is so far away... my head hurts.

Well, worst case scenario? Let's see.

Bengals
Redskins
Jets
Falcons
Dolphins

Top 3 QBs could theoretically be off the board.

And someone told me the other day that curses don't exist. What a year to have so many really bad teams.

The draft is so far away... my head hurts.
I said I think we will have a top 3 pick when it's all said and done.

I wasn't pondering what our worst case scenario was, lol.

Etc., etc.
After watching Clowney last night completely disrupt the game, I'd take Chase Young if he's there at 3. He won't be more than likely.

After watching Clowney last night completely disrupt the game, I'd take Chase Young if he's there at 3. He won't be more than likely.
It all really depends on who's picking before us, and what they are thinking. Poker faces will be important to keep from being fleeced. That is one fear I don't have with Grier.

Haskins has been named starter for the rest of the year. If he plays well, Skins likely don't take a QB.

I doubt, after all games are played, Atlanta picks before us.

Do the jests take a QB??? Who the hell knows what that clown show is thinking.

Point is, a lot of variables, and possibilities between now, and tge draft.

This franchise is going to look completely inept when we trade a Pro Bowl LT and a DB thats in the running for DPOY and miss out on the top two QBs. We use our top pick to replace Tunsil and then package the Texans and Steelers picks (which look like the back half of the first round picks) to move up and take the 4th best QB in the draft.

If he was on either Alabama or LSU, he'd have at least the one loss from last week's game. His stats plummet into the center of the Earth when he faces pressure and there was a lot of that going around in that Alabama - LSU game, so I don't think he would have been making the same plays that Tua or Burrow were making under the same circumstances.

I'm not a big Herbert fan because of that. I don't care how big he is or how good of an arm he has if he can't hit the throws he needs to when he really needs to.

I watch all the commentators waiting for the "investigation" talk to move from Miami to cincy lol
There won't be any. The only reason there was similar talk this year is because it was the Dolphins. I certainly don't remember anything prior to the Colts getting Luck, or any of the Browns' seasons.

This franchise is going to look completely inept when we trade a Pro Bowl LT and a DB thats in the running for DPOY and miss out on the top two QBs. We use our top pick to replace Tunsil and then package the Texans and Steelers picks (which look like the back half of the first round picks) to move up and take the 4th best QB in the draft.
Honestly, with all the good our FO has done IMO, this is exactly what I fear most. It's exactly what the old DOLPHINS would do. Fingers crossed we're past that. :up:

Back
Top Bottom