Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving | Page 86 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving

I still don't understand why they couldn't have made it work here with Minkah, especially in light of how the season has turned out. They traded him at the height of his frustration. If they simply let him settle down some more and watched as the team progressed throughout the season, I don't think he would have still pushed a trade, and we'd have an all-pro for years, instead of a 20+ first round pick which is unlikely to equal the same value.

I still don't understand why they couldn't have made it work here with Minkah, especially in light of how the season has turned out. They traded him at the height of his frustration. If they simply let him settle down some more and watched as the team progressed throughout the season, I don't think he would have still pushed a trade, and we'd have an all-pro for years, instead of a 20+ first round pick which is unlikely to equal the same value.
I have said I thought the whole thing seemed rushed. There was plenty of time until the deadline. And, the guy had no leverage. He wasn’t a loud mouthed malcontent - he could have settled down. Especially if they played him at FS where he has a shot at DPOY. Smh ‍♂️

Papa Bosa's wife was Cheryl Kumerow the sister of Eric Kumerow, they are have some great genetics..
That’s an awesome bit of knowledge right there. Any Kumerows running around playing pro ball / past / present? Very cool insight.

At this very moment, I dub this the worst trade in franchise history. At least Hugh Green was awesome when we got him. That he blew his knee doesn’t diminish the move by the FO. This one? Oof.
Agree! Damn we are cursed. I forgot about hugh green blowing out his knee. That was in the jets game where we lost 51-45 i think. Did we lose him and our hall of fame center in the same year?

agree 100 percent

I loved Minkah coming out of college. I championed for the Dolphins to draft him. I defended him after they did.

BUT, I'm still fine with the trade regardless what position the pick falls in the draft. Because I know the Dolphins will select a player that will buy into their vision. That's what this is all about.

Folks have been slowly coming around to Brian Flores and his staff because they see the results. They see a staff that is getting a lot out of marginal (or worse) talent. They see a staff getting production out of players previous regimes couldn't.

Flores has brought the Belichick way with him. And that way is, if you're not with him, you're against him. Belichick would have traded Minkah Fitzpatrick too if he didn't buy in to his way of doing things.

Minkah didn't buy in. Was given every opportunity to buy in. But he couldn't or wouldn't see the vision.

Flores wasn't on staff when Minkah was drafted --- so he could vet him, talk to him before drafting him. If he was, Minkah most likely never would have been drafted by the Dolphins.

I see the potential of the new HC and his staff. Therefore I trust their decision making with regards to endorsing the trade. The Dolphins are better off with another 1st round pick that this staff helps hand select.

Moving on to the Steelers, it's continually frustrating me how fortunate they've been to eek out many of these wins. I know, I know, people are gonna keep telling me it's because they're a great franchise and have a great HC. Whatever. All I know is if they are so freaking great and their defense is so freaking lights out, they wouldn't continually struggle with mediocre and subpar teams.

Indy, LA Rams, Cincy, Cleveland, Zona.

They're having trouble with these teams because they aren't so great themselves. Several of those close games above easily could have gone the other way and nearly did. But as Dolphins luck would have it, they didn't.

Hopefully they find a way to lose 2 of their last three. BUF can beat them and BALT should, unless they've got the home field advantage locked up by then.

Me thinks Isaiah Simmons would make everybody forget about Minkah in a hurry. He is everything this "position less defense" craves in a player.

Back
Top Bottom