Stephen Ross & fallout MEGA Thread | Page 78 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephen Ross & fallout MEGA Thread

When will Ross sell the team?

• Who cares, he's not the problem?

• He will keep it until he wins a SB

• When he passes

Results are only viewable after voting.
The piddly fine Goodell gave to Ross considering his wealth and suspension has partly to do with tampering, but the draft picks, particularly the 1st, imo, has to do with the “suggestion” to tank.
BINGO!

We have a winner!

That's why I stated yesterday I thought we'd get whacked harder. But the "genius" of deflecting the blame to "tampering"
was to "preserve" the integrity of the game! But the game is "fixed!" **Wink** But seriously, they can't let that play out openly
for the sake of billion dollar advertising and all that jazz etc!

May the farce be with you!

I mean, let's be honest, this is just another variation of the tuck rule!

>>> the good nudes is >>> this punishment will probably be offset with some "special officiating favors" coming our way!

Perhaps Tua will get in on some of those legalized OL holding benefits like Tom Shady and get some soft balls too!

I'm also looking forward to Tua throwing the pig deep and getting some of those automatic PI calls!

Funny thing about cheating -- folks like it when it benefits their team!

BINGO!

We have a winner!

That's why I stated yesterday I thought we'd get whacked harder. But the "genius" of deflecting the blame to "tampering"
was to "preserve" the integrity of the game! But the game is "fixed!" **Wink** But seriously, they can't let that play out openly

>>> the good nudes is >>> this punishment will probably be offset with some "special officiating favors" coming our way!

Perhaps Tua will get in on some of those legalized OL holding benefits like Tom Shady and get some soft balls too!

I'm also looking forward to Tua throwing the pig deep and getting some of those automatic PI calls!

Well said.

Also I would guess Ross actually did try to pay Flores to lose. Seems like something he would do honestly. Maybe we should be happy it wasn’t more

I said when he wins a Super Bowl cuz with his money and Medical System today he can afford to stay alive a VERY LONG FKN TIME!

Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF

BINGO!

We have a winner!

You guys keep "stroking" yourselves - LOL

Also I would guess Ross actually did try to pay Flores to lose. Seems like something he would do honestly. Maybe we should be happy it wasn’t more
Ross quickly said he isn’t appealing, doesn’t want to be a distraction.

He is not appealing for the betterment of the team.

Seems to me getting those 1st and 3rd round picks back would be for the betterment of the team.

I think he is glad he still gets to be an owner.

At least be able to go out on his own terms rather than be known as the Donald Sterling of the NFL.

Is Joe off the Dolphin’s radio broadcasts? If not, is Joe trying to get off the Dolphin’s radio broadcasts?
No he’s still on there. Joe tried to be diplomatic at first this morning but he grew more pissed off as the show progressed. He couldn’t hide his anger.

In February, former Dolphins coach Brian Flores filed a lawsuit against the NFL and the Dolphins, alleging racism in the league's hiring practices. In the lawsuit, Flores claims that Ross attempted to incentivize him to "tank," or purposely lose games, shortly after he was hired in 2019, with Ross allegedly offering Flores $100,000 for every loss that season. Flores says that as the team won games late in the season, Dolphins general manager Chris Grier told him Ross was "mad" that the on-field success was "compromising [the team's] draft position."

The NFL looked into these allegations as part of its aforementioned investigation but found no evidence that the team intentionally lost games during the 2019 season. The investigation did, however, find that Ross made comments to team president and CEO Tom Garfinkel, general manager Chris Grier, senior vice president Brandon Shore and Flores that the team's draft position should take priority over winning games. When Flores expressed his concerns in writing, he was assured that everyone wanted him to build a "winning culture in Miami" and Ross never again made those comments to Flores.

The investigation also found that Ross' offer of $100,000 for every loss, of which there were "differing recollections about the wording, timing, and context ... was not intended or taken to be a serious offer, nor was the subject pursued in any respect by Mr. Ross or anyone else at the club."

Studesville insisted that the message to Flores did not trickle down into the locker room.

"That's just not how we're wired," he said. "None of that was ever shared."

"Lemming Alert", "Lemming Alert"

Where do I begin? - LOL

"... it was acknowledged Ross was tried to lose games " - The NFL stated that was not correct. I'm sure that a fanatic like you would have provided the league with some definitive information if you had any!

"The biggest loser in all of this is us fans. It's BS.
SPK ENGRISH? - LOL

If you believe everything you read on the internet, try this:
You are RONG!!! - LOL

Anyone who feels 1.5million dollars is a joke is missing a critical part of their physiology.
You aren't a member of congress, are you - LOL
I'm assuming you know what physiology is - LOL
If not, look it up - LOL
You do know how to use a dictionary, don't you? - LOL

I'm almost willing to bet you are the kind of poster who has unpaid "barking" tickets. - LOL
My use of that word in brackets is sometimes called a dual entandre - LOL
Get it? - LOL

I guess that sums it up for me - LOL
It actually was acknowledged Ross wanted to lose games. Maybe do some research and quit blindly defending this loser of an owner.

Your the biggest lemming there is

Said it from day one. I hate Stephen Ross with a passion. Hate to say it folks, but as long as he's the owner our team we will go nowhere. He's a real estate guy. Not an NFL owner.
Maybe we shoulda just listened to you

1659578147700.gif

I’m sure this has been covered already but I can’t find it:

What exactly happens with our pick in the 2023 draft? Does it just show as forfeited and the first round has 31 selections? Would suck for the player picked at #32.

Back
Top Bottom