STEVEN ROSS : HUGE MAJOR WEAKNESS THAT NEEDS TO GO | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

STEVEN ROSS : HUGE MAJOR WEAKNESS THAT NEEDS TO GO

Hey anything to help...

Ya gotta figure its common sense to actually comprehend the discussion put out whether agreed to or not.
Before answering back.
Kind of got silly to put out much of anything that just gets turned around into a whole new dicussion.
Looks like thats what happened here. In these posts ( 9 pages 135 responses lol)
Damn I just wanted to hear what yous guys thought of Ross's views on restricting our teams approach for Harbaugh (Michigan situation). Turns into a giant fight and personal criticism IMO unwarranted. Truth is I no longer want to know what most in here think... (of my posted OPINION)

Its not condescension but rather more a lack of comprehension of seeing the question. Look for the 50th time its just my friggin opinion. You know what IMO means ???

The End
Actually, it would have been a valid invitation for discourse had you left out the "got to go" phrase as he's going nowhere until he's good and ready. By including that empty "demand" you have opened the thread up considerably beyond your intended topic. Hopefully you have learned from this for future OPs

Hey anything to help...

Ya gotta figure its common sense to actually comprehend the discussion put out whether agreed to or not.
Before answering back.
Kind of got silly to put out much of anything that just gets turned around into a whole new dicussion.
Looks like thats what happened here. In these posts ( 9 pages 135 responses lol)
Damn I just wanted to hear what yous guys thought of Ross's views on restricting our teams approach for Harbaugh (Michigan situation). Turns into a giant fight and personal criticism IMO unwarranted. Truth is I no longer want to know what most in here think... (of my posted OPINION)

Its not condescension but rather more a lack of comprehension of seeing the question. Look for the 50th time its just my friggin opinion. You know what IMO means ???

The End
We good dude... lol

Not only making critical and destructive moves and decisions (but understandable back when ) BUT

Arguably passing up the best head coach for our team Harbaugh in decades, because he doesn't want to upset the cart of his old College, Michigan.

Sell the Team to someone who actually cares.

Was willing to put up with years of poor to bad decisions thinking that yes you weren't good at it but you actually cared as much of the rest of us. Finding out now your a part timer and willing to drag this on and on shows little real care and you should be added onto the pile needed to be swept out the door.....But we are screwed again because this fraud owns the door....

Eliminating the possibly of acquiring the best thing to make us successful is not only irresponsible but a huge deceit to all the Fans who have followed and still follow their beloved team while our owner plays games and shows he couldn't give a damn...

Sorry just my point of view of another CRITICAL dysfunction blocking success for our team, that I thought should be more exposed and brought out into the open. Because the more I thought about it the more absurd it got. Its hard enough when your all in but being partially in is really making things close to impossible.

For never in my 50+ years of fanhood thought we'd ever see and owner such as this. Guess he fits well with the X - HC as integrity being nothing of importance.

Be nice to have an owner that puts his team first, oh was going to add City too but think he's another New Yorker with the integrity level of their so called excellently skilled politicians... JMO
Nothing about the way Ross does his business suggests to me he doesn’t care. Hard to imagine an owner who “doesn’t care”.

Not only making critical and destructive moves and decisions (but understandable back when ) BUT

Arguably passing up the best head coach for our team Harbaugh in decades, because he doesn't want to upset the cart of his old College, Michigan.

Sell the Team to someone who actually cares.

Was willing to put up with years of poor to bad decisions thinking that yes you weren't good at it but you actually cared as much of the rest of us. Finding out now your a part timer and willing to drag this on and on shows little real care and you should be added onto the pile needed to be swept out the door.....But we are screwed again because this fraud owns the door....

Eliminating the possibly of acquiring the best thing to make us successful is not only irresponsible but a huge deceit to all the Fans who have followed and still follow their beloved team while our owner plays games and shows he couldn't give a damn...

Sorry just my point of view of another CRITICAL dysfunction blocking success for our team, that I thought should be more exposed and brought out into the open. Because the more I thought about it the more absurd it got. Its hard enough when your all in but being partially in is really making things close to impossible.

For never in my 50+ years of fanhood thought we'd ever see and owner such as this. Guess he fits well with the X - HC as integrity being nothing of importance.

Be nice to have an owner that puts his team first, oh was going to add City too but think he's another New Yorker with the integrity level of their so called excellently skilled politicians... JMO

And how, specifically, are you proposing that you make Ross go?

I can only think of one specific way, and that ends with you in prison.

He said he won't be the one to take Harbaugh away from Michigan. I mean, does he believe that Harbaugh is the best coach? This is his team, he owns it. Does he want this team to be successful or not? Our own owner seems to treat his own team like a chick he thinks is pretty cool and might just wanna take out this weekend if his plans fall through. He seems to treat his team like an option, instead of a priority.

He said he won't be the one to take Harbaugh away from Michigan. I mean, does he believe that Harbaugh is the best coach? This is his team, he owns it. Does he want this team to be successful or not? Our own owner seems to treat his own team like a chick he thinks is pretty cool and might just wanna take out this weekend if his plans fall through. He seems to treat his team like an option, instead of a priority.
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

He doesn’t have to do it. He can ask for employee Grier to do it. 😂

Nothing about the way Ross does his business suggests to me he doesn’t care. Hard to imagine an owner who “doesn’t care”.

From a business perspective, regardless of a team's w/l record. the value of all major league (NFL, NBA, MBL) sports franchises goes up each year. So, no matter whether the team is finishes first or last it's worth more each year and the owner is making lots of money.
Certainly every owner would like to see his team win games and does "care", but the annual appreciation of the team's resale value is why he bought the team.

So guys, Have you figured out how you all are going to get rid of Steven Ross.

As I stated thats my opinion of possibly helping our team moving forward (my wish ). Been seeing several posts on getting rid of him, but just mostly babble saying nothing. Tell us how your going to do that, inquiring minds want to know.....

Actually, it would have been a valid invitation for discourse had you left out the "got to go" phrase as he's going nowhere until he's good and ready. By including that empty "demand" you have opened the thread up considerably beyond your intended topic. Hopefully you have learned from this for future OPs
Oh, come on. That's a rationalization and an IMO very weak defense for people overreacting and then getting called on being like a self-appointed message board militia.

You want to do that, at least have the backbone to own your problematic viewpoint. Don't hide behind "your post was OK but you used two or three words we didn't like, so we trashed you instead of explaining why we agreed with you except for two or three words."

The topic was about the team. A bunch of people started arguing that the topic was pointless, allegedly because we can't do anything about the owner. Except that makes almost EVERY post on this board pointless, because no post we make is going to make the team change the offensive line, or the QB, or draft an RB, etc.

We can't do anything about anything involving the team except to go to the games or not go to the games, buy or not buy team merch, follow or not follow team social media, or talk about the team here.

And, just so I don't miss addressing the actual OP, I think Ross has a long, concerning track record when it comes to hiring people who can make the Dolphins a winner. He's not afraid to invest in the team, but his judgment when it comes to spending resources wisely is very fair to question. Because of that, I think the OP makes a very valid conjecture.

And making this ^ response wasn't that hard.

Oh, come on. That's a rationalization and an IMO very weak defense for people overreacting and then getting called on being like a self-appointed message board militia.

You want to do that, at least have the backbone to own your problematic viewpoint. Don't hide behind "your post was OK but you used two or three words we didn't like, so we trashed you instead of explaining why we agreed with you except for two or three words."

The topic was about the team. A bunch of people started arguing that the topic was pointless, allegedly because we can't do anything about the owner. Except that makes almost EVERY post on this board pointless, because no post we make is going to make the team change the offensive line, or the QB, or draft an RB, etc.

We can't do anything about anything involving the team except to go to the games or not go to the games, buy or not buy team merch, follow or not follow team social media, or talk about the team here.

And, just so I don't miss addressing the actual OP, I think Ross has a long, concerning track record when it comes to hiring people who can make the Dolphins a winner. He's not afraid to invest in the team, but his judgment when it comes to spending resources wisely is very fair to question. Because of that, I think the OP makes a very valid conjecture.

" his judgment when it comes to spending resources wisely is very fair to question. "
An area I agree with. Also see the positives of his never making money a problem, very generous, big plus

Just beginning to feel because of these past blunders and the fact of limiting (IMO) the ability to get a potential #1 candidate because of his increased interest and value in Michigan over thousands of Dolphin Fans left squandering in the NFL depths of mediocrity in which to many poor losers see the 1 game over 500 as a winning season. And possibly again going after a first timer which we've experienced more than enough of our share in failures with and makes me more skeptical again. I'm more critical now, especially with the Michigan attitude and Harbaugh situation.

Not to mention honestly, I'm far from a Head coach evaluating wizard and going by past experiences and success on the field and putting a good coach staff together my strong points.

Truthfully for me not to say that its the right move I like Caldwell, Harbaugh ...or one experience HC with success and a giant rolodex...

Hey though the fat lady hasn't sang yet..

Steve Ross is an absentee owner who uses the Dolphins like a weekend sports car. He flies down on the weekends for the games like someone would take the sportscar out for a spin on the weekends. The Dolphins are his toy, and as long as he owns the team, we will continue to be one of the worse run organizations in all of sports. There is little to no shot at winning as long as this guy is the owner who uses this franchise as a part time toy. Ross is clueless when it comes to football operations, and he has proven he has not learned anything yet in 13 years as the owner. When you learn nothing at 13 years on the job, proves the guy just does not really care all that much to learn or put the time in to do better. Ross can say what he wants about his "commitment" to winning, he is full of crap and his actions prove it.

So you left US for 16 years, have been back for a bit, still not supporting the site, yet you yourself want to be the arbiter of forum propriety. You can't make this $hit up

So you left US for 6 years, have been back for a bit, still not supporting the site, yet you yourself want to be the arbiter of forum propriety. You can't make this $hit up

Left for six years? I have no idea where you are getting your info, but here's a little food for thought ... you didn't even bother to address my point. You immediately went to talking (incorrectly, I might add) about me.

I don't care if you donate or not. You're derailing a perfectly good thread and getting bent because someone called you on it. You can't make this stuff up.

Anyway, what are you doing to fix our offense, Vaark?

" his judgment when it comes to spending resources wisely is very fair to question. "
An area I agree with. Also see the positives of his never making money a problem, very generous, big plus

Just beginning to feel because of these past blunders and the fact of limiting (IMO) the ability to get a potential #1 candidate because of his increased interest and value in Michigan over thousands of Dolphin Fans left squandering in the NFL depths of mediocrity in which to many poor losers see the 1 game over 500 as a winning season. And possibly again going after a first timer which we've experienced more than enough of our share in failures with and makes me more skeptical again. I'm more critical now, especially with the Michigan attitude and Harbaugh situation.

Not to mention honestly, I'm far from a Head coach evaluating wizard and going by past experiences and success on the field and putting a good coach staff together my strong points.

Truthfully for me not to say that its the right move I like Caldwell, Harbaugh ...or one experience HC with success and a giant rolodex...

Hey though the fat lady hasn't sang yet..

There is a school of thought that the blind squirrel finds a nut eventually. If Ross continues to try different people and stays out of their way while still being very generous financially, he's going to hit on the right hires at some point. It's just the law of averages.

Of course, there are a lot of variables at play in that, too. Not being connected to the right people and getting bad advice from them makes that process longer and an even bigger crap-shoot. Jumping the gun on some changes and waiting too long on others holds it back.

I've written this many times: Ross might be a really good, well-intentioned owner. He has yet to show he has a real aptitude for running a pro sports franchise, though, and, since everything the Dolphins try to do to right the ship starts with him putting people in place to do that, the team is at a disadvantage as a result.

Back
Top Bottom