STEVEN ROSS : HUGE MAJOR WEAKNESS THAT NEEDS TO GO | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

STEVEN ROSS : HUGE MAJOR WEAKNESS THAT NEEDS TO GO

When the words Dolphin (or any fish type animal) and panties show up in the same sentence.
fan miley GIF
I literally laughed out loud in the office! hilarious!

This has been debunked. That was put out by the Watson camp.
Not buying it. This guy is truly an idiot when it comes to running a football team. I think he teeters the line and says what works for him at the time. Too many stories out there about him wanting Watson in October to not be true.

Not only making critical and destructive moves and decisions (but understandable back when ) BUT

Arguably passing up the best head coach for our team Harbaugh in decades, because he doesn't want to upset the cart of his old College, Michigan.

Sell the Team to someone who actually cares.

Was willing to put up with years of poor to bad decisions thinking that yes you weren't good at it but you actually cared as much of the rest of us. Finding out now your a part timer and willing to drag this on and on shows little real care and you should be added onto the pile needed to be swept out the door.....But we are screwed again because this fraud owns the door....

Eliminating the possibly of acquiring the best thing to make us successful is not only irresponsible but a huge deceit to all the Fans who have followed and still follow their beloved team while our owner plays games and shows he couldn't give a damn...

Sorry just my point of view of another CRITICAL dysfunction blocking success for our team, that I thought should be more exposed and brought out into the open. Because the more I thought about it the more absurd it got. Its hard enough when your all in but being partially in is really making things close to impossible.

For never in my 50+ years of fanhood thought we'd ever see and owner such as this. Guess he fits well with the X - HC as integrity being nothing of importance.

Be nice to have an owner that puts his team first, oh was going to add City too but think he's another New Yorker with the integrity level of their so called excellently skilled politicians... JMO
We get rid of an NFL owner how?

Not buying it. This guy is truly an idiot when it comes to running a football team. I think he teeters the line and says what works for him at the time. Too many stories out there about him wanting Watson in October to not be true.

I feel the exact opposite. Too ridiculous a situation to believe without hard evidence. Go get the sex offender scandal guy? Ross has no track record of seriously meddling in football affairs like say a Dan Snyder.

Not only making critical and destructive moves and decisions (but understandable back when ) BUT

Arguably passing up the best head coach for our team Harbaugh in decades, because he doesn't want to upset the cart of his old College, Michigan.

Sell the Team to someone who actually cares.

Was willing to put up with years of poor to bad decisions thinking that yes you weren't good at it but you actually cared as much of the rest of us. Finding out now your a part timer and willing to drag this on and on shows little real care and you should be added onto the pile needed to be swept out the door.....But we are screwed again because this fraud owns the door....

Eliminating the possibly of acquiring the best thing to make us successful is not only irresponsible but a huge deceit to all the Fans who have followed and still follow their beloved team while our owner plays games and shows he couldn't give a damn...

Sorry just my point of view of another CRITICAL dysfunction blocking success for our team, that I thought should be more exposed and brought out into the open. Because the more I thought about it the more absurd it got. Its hard enough when your all in but being partially in is really making things close to impossible.

For never in my 50+ years of fanhood thought we'd ever see and owner such as this. Guess he fits well with the X - HC as integrity being nothing of importance.

Be nice to have an owner that puts his team first, oh was going to add City too but think he's another New Yorker with the integrity level of their so called excellently skilled politicians... JMO
He is NYC trash.....why would you think he would be anything but a vacation type owner.....

So something I thought of recently regarding this whole Miami Dolphins mess and the seeming permanence of a team (and by proximity its fan base) being owned by, and hypothetically held hostage by, someone who either just doesn't care enough or, perhaps, even has motives behind the mismanagement of a sports organization. If a team and its market were damaged badly enough, it could get to some theoretical point whereby it begins to impact the whole product (that product being NFL Football). To put it in simpler terms, hurting the Miami Dolphins market and making a team so irrelevant could begin to not only hurt the Dolphins in terms of gate and TV revenue, but then nearly every team that plays Miami could/would also see a small drop in viewership.

This is just a long-winded way of saying that Ross being the owner doesn't come with total immunity -- the league could always vote him out. It may take an army of lawyers and a court room, but my gut tells me that the NFL has provisions stipulating just how grossly negligent an owner can be before the league intervenes.

Now, is Miami anywhere close to the line? No, probably not. In fact, there are worse ownership situations in the league, and that is very unfortunate. It's very unfortunate when you consider that when Ross bought this team it was basically still the winningest franchise in the league, and now it may still be among the top but it's been so long since this team was consistently worth a sh*t that I can't be bothered to remember better times.

The key to getting rid of Ross would be for that stadium to look empty during home games and for thousands of fans to gather damn near every weekend protesting his continued ownership of the franchise. Then, maybe then, the NFL might intervene in this ownership.

It may not be totally justified, but it's plain as day that Dolphins fans and Stephen Ross do not see eye to eye regarding this once proud NFL team. It feels hopeless. I'm actively trying so hard to become a fan of another team. I miss having good football to watch. This feels like torture, and I'm basically just so tired of the team being this f'ing mess. We've had two moments in the past 15 years where I thought this team might be good, and now there isn't a rookie candidate who could move the needle on the gauge for me.

The "clueless one" makes plenty of money on his team every year, How about you?
I make plenty of money also. Just because he knows real estate doesn't mean he's a fkn football genius!
Some people like Kool-Aid more than others, NOT ME! How about you?

The "clueless one" makes plenty of money on his team every year, How about you?
Ross has no reason of concern for any more money. Guy has enough to live like a king for 5 life times.
Think he's more upset about being a failure in this area and it being broadcast through out the media..Wants more a well done than money..

Funny my opinion and wish would be for Ross to sell the team but have always known that any source available to us is useless In that accomplishment ( figured that the average Fan wouldn't need a explanation on that and wouldn't think that I was saying I'll fire him. (Actually some fans mentality don't get it, and post real nonsense all the time). Truthfully its very sad the need to even have to explain that to anyone above the age of 5 and is getting more the norm in here and its a huge pity.

But the point I wanted to make here is, Whats the saying about the clock being right twice a day...He did FIRE the biggest problem of our team Flores and on the sooner rather than later, which seemed like a little improvement...

Last edited:
I read the complaints and empathize with the frustration and I understand it.

For me, Ross is a good owner. Throws money at the team and the fan experience. Goes after the best coaches. I don't think I would reasonably ask for more.

It would be great if he could pick better people, but how many owners actually do that well? And for those that do is it skill or dumb luck?

Ross has no reason of concern for any more money. Guy has enough to live like a king for 5 life times.
Think he's more upset about being a failure in this area and it being broadcast through out the media..Wants more a well done than money..

Funny my opinion and wish would be for Ross to sell the team but have always known that any source available to us is useless In that accomplishment ( figured that the average Fan wouldn't need a explanation on that and wouldn't think that I was saying I'll fire him. (Actually some fans mentality don't get it, and post real nonsense all the time). Truthfully its very sad the need to even have to explain that to anyone above the age of 5 and is getting more the norm in here and its a huge pity.

But the point I wanted to make here is, Whats the saying about the clock being right twice a day...He did FIRE the biggest problem of our team Flores and on the sooner rather than later, which seemed like a little improvement...
Thank You! Condescension is always appreciated, especially from such an esteemed colleague. I may even alter my opinion of a few posters here.LOL

Thank You! Condescension is always appreciated, especially from such an esteemed colleague. I may even alter my opinion of a few posters here.LOL
Hey anything to help...

Ya gotta figure its common sense to actually comprehend the discussion put out whether agreed to or not.
Before answering back.
Kind of got silly to put out much of anything that just gets turned around into a whole new dicussion.
Looks like thats what happened here. In these posts ( 9 pages 135 responses lol)
Damn I just wanted to hear what yous guys thought of Ross's views on restricting our teams approach for Harbaugh (Michigan situation). Turns into a giant fight and personal criticism IMO unwarranted. Truth is I no longer want to know what most in here think... (of my posted OPINION)

Its not condescension but rather more a lack of comprehension of seeing the question. Look for the 50th time its just my friggin opinion. You know what IMO means ???

The End

Back
Top Bottom