Straight up are you happy with #1 pick | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Straight up are you happy with #1 pick

canesfins13 said:
Nope - not excited about drafting a back up RB with eh 2nd pick. Edwards would have been a better pick because more teams wanted him and could have traded him after we took him. I think this was a mistake, Wanny and Spielman could have made a better pick,

Would having Gordon at RB and Booker on the bench be a better situwation?? GreenMonster

Picking Edwards would have alowed us to do much more since there were two or three teams wanting him and no one else wanting Brown.

Cedric_Benson said:
Na, im not really happy at all

We coulda got Edwards and traded him to Minnesota for more draft picks. But oh well i guess....
We could have? Did Mike Tice tell you that? How do you know we could have done that? How do you know we didn't try to do that? Please, I'm tired of the "I wish we could have traded down crowd" Saban wishes he could have traded down too, but ya know what, he didn't find anything good enough in return and chose a RB that is going to be a Pro Bowler in the next 2 to 3 years, count on it. Brown is a L.T. clone. JJ Johnson, as someone said earlier in the Thread, had neither the speed, power, or receiving ability of Ronny Brown, I love this pick!

On first thought I would have rather taken Edwards,

but in reality no one was trading up and I do love Ronnie Brown...
I just think No. 2 is too high to take a runningback.

I had my heart set on more excitement :chat: and more picks. The draft ha sbecome rather boring. I am semi happy, but time will tell.

Hostile7 said:
Obviously you haven't been paying attention. Ricky could still be a Dolphin again.

I don't think RB running style translates into the NFL. He chooses to take on tacklers and not cutback, or hold up to find the bigger play. 4.4 speed can be caught be 4.9 speed if the angle is right. With Brown it's all about the angle, not the ability to cutback and make things happen. I don't see a great field vision with him. He can find the holes, but in the open field it's run over the defenders, or to the corner. Very one dimensional as a runner. He's not a one dimmensional running back, but runner, IMO.

If you disagree, fine. Those are the things I've seen from him these last few years. I think Cadillac is the better back of the two Auburn players.

BIG PLAYS?

I would love to see your reasoning as to why then, does Brown have the most runs of 30 yards or more, than either of the other top two backs? All with LESS carries.
One demensional ............ :roflmao:

Ozzy said:
BIG PLAYS?

I would love to see your reasoning as to why then, does Brown have the most runs of 30 yards or more, than either of the other top two backs? All with LESS carries.
One demensional ............ :roflmao:

Reading comprehension, it’s vastly underrated.

That is college, I’m talking about how his running style translates to the NFL. You know, what makes an all pro or a bust. On top of that, durability and stamina are a serious concern. Can this guy double his workload and stay healthy? If he stays healthy, will he have the stamina to last an entire season?

I hope I'm wrong. As I said, If I'm forced to say yes or no, I choose no. I'm not saying he fail, and I hope he doesn't. I would rather eat crow with a great player. I've watched Auburn a lot these few years, and this is what I see. Don't like it? Don't read it.

smith will be so so

very happy with this guy.
our most glaring hole was the RB and we solved it.

NO.

He was second string. This guy will be no Tomlinson, bet on that. Our 1st high pick in thirthy years and we pick a backup RB. But what the hell do I know. I thought Marino was a wasted pick, because he threw the football like 'Cheeze Axon' (a boy from my hometown who wasn't very good). This was a true quote by me on the day of the 1983 draft.

I love the pick....could have gone with Smith, picking Edwards didn't make a lot of sense with our QB situation.

I think it will be good.

Now we need some help on the OL to make it even better.

Yea he's a GREAT player. Can't complain about having a Ronnie Brown on our team.

Go Dolphins!

Dont get me wrong, I love that Brown is here.......but I think we should have gotten Edwards and gotten a back in the 2nd-3rd round.

PS. I think I have to change my sig now lol

Back
Top Bottom