Straight up are you happy with #1 pick | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Straight up are you happy with #1 pick

i don't mind the pick. My only concern will be how durable of a back is he. And will he be as good in pro's. Otherwise its an ok pick. Not my first choice but its ok.

I have mixed feelings about it. I think Benson was by far the better back. But I am wanting to trust Saban and Co.

So I m okay with it, but not elated. Bronw runs very straight up, hs no real moves, and in the NFL everyone is fast. So I hope gets it done. I am happy, just not like jacked up.

Hostile7 said:
No- I want to see him in the NFL first, but I don't believe his runner style translates in the NFL. Going to double his workload (unless Ricky comes back, even then we could have gotten a Fason who's very underrated). As I said, I'll wait and see, but since I have to choose one, it's no.
Running style doesn't translate? WTF have you been watching? The kid is never brought down by the 1st tackler, he has high 4.4 speed and as said by Mel Kuyper has the best hands in the whole draft including WR! He IS a franchise back and IMO will be better than Edgerin James when all is said and done! Also this should effectively END ALL of the RW speculation! Stay in India smoking the ganj because we don't want or need your pot smoking a$$ now!:tongue:

dolphindude13 said:
Running style doesn't translate? WTF have you been watching? The kid is never brought down by the 1st tackler, he has high 4.4 speed and as said by Mel Kuyper has the best hands in the whole draft including WR! He IS a franchise back and IMO will be better than Edgerin James when all is said and done! Also this should effectively END ALL of the RW speculation! Stay in India smoking the ganj because we don't want or need your pot smoking a$$ now!:tongue:

Obviously you haven't been paying attention. Ricky could still be a Dolphin again.

I don't think RB running style translates into the NFL. He chooses to take on tacklers and not cutback, or hold up to find the bigger play. 4.4 speed can be caught be 4.9 speed if the angle is right. With Brown it's all about the angle, not the ability to cutback and make things happen. I don't see a great field vision with him. He can find the holes, but in the open field it's run over the defenders, or to the corner. Very one dimensional as a runner. He's not a one dimmensional running back, but runner, IMO.

If you disagree, fine. Those are the things I've seen from him these last few years. I think Cadillac is the better back of the two Auburn players.

Nope - not excited about drafting a back up RB with eh 2nd pick. Edwards would have been a better pick because more teams wanted him and could have traded him after we took him. I think this was a mistake, Wanny and Spielman could have made a better pick,

I have mixed feelings. I feel Saban's arrogance prevented us from getting a good trade down deal(unless if it is perfect a deal for him he wouldnt do it). I really wanted to see a trade down, but if we were going to pick a RB, at least we got the best. Albiet, a RB who will soon be 24! :eek: :shakeno:

All i know is Ricky Williams now cost us 3 first round picks !!!!!!!!!!!!!! the two we wasted on him and the one it took to replace him now, and you could throw the third for Gordon to that also...................

Phantom said:
All i know is Ricky Williams now cost us 3 first round picks !!!!!!!!!!!!!! the two we wasted on him and the one it took to replace him now, and you could throw the third for Gordon to that also...................

It is easy to be a Monday morning QB, Williams at the time was worth the compensation of a franchised player.

All i know is that we finally got a running back with or without Ricky!!! Yes we could have traded maybe if Saban wouldn't of been so hard on the draft chart but whats done is done and we should be a better team with a MUCH better running back in Ronnie Brown, compared to the others we currently have.:D

canesfins13 said:
It is easy to be a Monday morning QB, Williams at the time was worth the compensation of a franchised player.
Read it again, i didn't say if Ricky was worth it or not, just what it has cost us by him quiting...

Back
Top Bottom