Suh still out there, come back as a Dolphin? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suh still out there, come back as a Dolphin?

This thread doesn't make any sense, the Dolphins released Suh and still have a big cap hit from him this year and next year. His contract was enormous and guaranteed...so why would the Dolphins bring him back and why would Suh come back when he can still get paid from the Dolphins and another team? Seems to me that the Dolphins have moved on from him or they never would have released him in the first place.
More of a question of possibility. Apprently it's a no, however like I originally asked was it possible. Player get released or ask to be let go because they think they can get more money somewhere else. When they don't find what they were looking for they end with the team they left. It happens. I guess it won't be happening in Sues case. I'm no football finance expert.

Yeah, I mean not to state/restate the obvious ... but I don't want Suh in the AFC East ... we've shown just what a pile of d0gshift we are when Tannehill is injured for very long. I hold no ill will for Suh, but the dude wrecks QB's seasons. Belichick can win with smoke and mirrors (and refs), but we can not.

That said, moving to LA seems like a good move for him. He's a west coast Nike Oregon training guy these days anyway. It's a big city and they have Wade friggin' Phillips and their offense grabs the lead and lets it's DL pin their ears back ... yeah, the Rams make a lot of sense. He should just go there. We made him a rich man and let him become THE free agent when he is still in his prime, I'd hate for him to up and make the Jets a good team. I was just starting to celebrate their vaunted DL being broken up too. We add Sitton and he'll have to go 1v1 against Suh ... that's not right.

Yep sounds like he’s leaning toward the Jets.
Man that sucks. People who wanted him gone because they think he sucks are gonna change their tune. Not talking about people wanting him gone for cap reasons. I guess we will have to hope no one else on their team can make a play like ours didnt when he is sucking up double and triple teams every play and still ends up in or near the pile even at the sideline. However they were already beefy in the middle the past few years so maybe it won't be a huge difference. They had very good interior lineman the last 5 years or so.

Man that sucks. People who wanted him gone because they think he sucks are gonna change their tune. Not talking about people wanting him gone for cap reasons. I guess we will have to hope no one else on their team can make a play like ours didnt when he is sucking up double and triple teams every play and still ends up in or near the pile even at the sideline. However they were already beefy in the middle the past few years so maybe it won't be a huge difference. They had very good interior lineman the last 5 years or so.
He’s a force and a great player. Wish we had kept him.

Jets would be perfect for him business wise. The business capital of the USA.

We lost with him on the team, so will the Jets. He is a great player, but you can scheme around his presence with quick passes and outside runs. The only way he's effective is if you have outside linebackers that can tackle and get to the edge - we didn't have that (still don't).

He and Leonard Williams make a deadly combo though and I LOVE Jamal Adams - he will rip your heart out.

Let’s forget about him, at he is not relevant to us ... as above, he really isn’t a leader or a TEAM guy.

He is good at what he does, but in the same vain - it is what he is gonna do. Meaning, he isn’t going to change anything for anyone. That is why, I believe more so then his $$$$, he is no longer here.

Can say the same for Landry .... talented, but selfish.

Are either of them SPECIAL - NO ... very talented, but to be truly ‘special’, you must effect the outcome of a game ... and neither, despite their individual talent did that. And YES, they were given the opportunity.....

We can revisit this at the end of this year - and maybe we feel different, but my gut tells me we won’t!

My first thought is that the jets offered him the most money and Suh hesitated. Suh said he will think about his options. I believe the jets were pissed Suh didn't sign immediately for the moey offered, so they pulled the deal.
Just my opinion.

Let’s forget about him, at he is not relevant to us ... as above, he really isn’t a leader or a TEAM guy.

He is good at what he does, but in the same vain - it is what he is gonna do. Meaning, he isn’t going to change anything for anyone. That is why, I believe more so then his $$$$, he is no longer here.

Can say the same for Landry .... talented, but selfish.

Are either of them SPECIAL - NO ... very talented, but to be truly ‘special’, you must effect the outcome of a game ... and neither, despite their individual talent did that. And YES, they were given the opportunity.....

We can revisit this at the end of this year - and maybe we feel different, but my gut tells me we won’t!
I understand your POV here. But at some point you need guys that have talent AND are team players. Not sure what we have right now - but no denying we lost a lot of talent in letting these guys (kicker included) go.

Back
Top Bottom