Suns vs. Spurs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suns vs. Spurs

True, but don't forget the Spurs are that much older. Horry, Barry and Bowen in particular.

Also, the Suns didn't have Barbosa back then.

The Suns were happy to be there two years ago, now they have a different mindset and are much more experienced, and have the home court. I think it'll be enough.

So the Suns arent older either?What about Nash and his back?Amare and his knee?I like how people like the say the "Spurs are older".Nobody else ages?Weve been pretty effective against Barbosa.He doesnt scare us.And Barbosa WAS on the 05' Suns.What series were you watching?Hes basically just a jump shooter against the Spurs.We control the tempo(like we always do) we win the series.

They had homecourt in 05 too.Didnt make much of a difference.What about the last time the Spurs-Suns played makes you say the Suns will win?Seems more like wishful thinking.

So the Suns arent older either?What about Nash and his back?Amare and his knee?I like how people like the say the "Spurs are older".Nobody else ages?Weve been pretty effective against Barbosa.He doesnt scare us.Hes basically just a jump shooter against the Spurs.We control the tempo(like we always do) we win the series.

They had homecourt in 05 too.Didnt make much of a difference.What about the last time the Spurs-Suns played makes you say the Suns will win?Seems more like wishful thinking.

C'mon, the Spurs are an old team. Everybody knows it, no use in denying it. Suns are not as old. Simple as that. Over the course of a grueling series, could become a factor.

As for wishful thinking, not at all. I'm not a huge fan of either team, but I am a fan of great basketball and that's why I'll be watching every game. Good luck to your Spurs.

Most of the media is picking Phoenix to win this series. The Spurs aren't used to being the underdogs so this'll be interesting.

Well, if you call 3 out of 5 picking the Spurs, then yeah, I guess the media is pretty much on the Suns bandwagon:rolleyes2

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/postseason/expertpicks

This is just the first place I looked. Stephen A Smith has been ranting about how the Spurs are gonna beat the Suns for better part of a week.....

C'mon, the Spurs are an old team. Everybody knows it, no use in denying it. Suns are not as old. Simple as that. Over the course of a grueling series, could become a factor.

As for wishful thinking, not at all. I'm not a huge fan of either team, but I am a fan of great basketball and that's why I'll be watching every game. Good luck to your Spurs.

So...The Spurs are the oldest team in the league.Annnnnd?How old did the Spurs look against Denver?How OLD have they looked this year?Isnt Steve Nash 33?W'ell see how grueling this series becomes considering the Suns play about the same D they did in 05'.

ESPN also has something like 4/5 picking San Antonio.

I'm going with the veteran Spurs in 6 or 7.

You must have forgotten that Duncan was 80% (two sprained ankles) and the Spurs still scorched them.Amare got his points but the rest of the team got shut down.Theres nothing at least statistically that shows that the Suns have changed all that much.Marion isnt half the man he is when he plays the Spurs.

And Marion is more of a key to the Suns winning than Amare. If the Spurs shut Marion down, like they always do, the Suns don't have any chance at all. they're not going to outscore the Spurs playing 4 on 5, their defense just isn't good enough to do that.
Joe Johnson broke his face at the beginning of that series, basically missed the whole thing...We also didn't have the bench we do now, specifically Kurt Thomas...

I'm not dismissing the Spurs chances, I'm cautiously optimistic and understand this is going to be a hard fought battle...Completely ruling out either team is a little ridiculous at this point...

4 on 5? Even if Bowen shuts down Marion, what is he going to so on the offensive end? If anything, it will be 4 on 4...

W'ell see how grueling this series becomes considering the Suns play about the same D they did in 05'.
This is just inaccurate, the Suns defense is very underrated...People dont think they play D because they score so much and their style gives their opposition a lot of possessions...

Joe Johnson broke his face at the beginning of that series, basically missed the whole thing...We also didn't have the bench we do now, specifically Kurt Thomas...

I'm not dismissing the Spurs chances, I'm cautiously optimistic and understand this is going to be a hard fought battle...Completely ruling out either team is a little ridiculous at this point...

4 on 5? Even if Bowen shuts down Marion, what is he going to so on the offensive end? If anything, it will be 4 on 4...

I dont doubt that it should be a good series...BUT if they have to double Tim down in the post the Suns can forget it.Too many options to leave open.And Bowen is not a total liability on offense,dont forget about that patented 3.Im not ruling the Suns out completely and didnt mean for it to sound that way,Im just basing my judgements on the history between the 2 teams.

If Marion shows up itll be a helluva series,If not its gonna be real tuff for yall.

This is just inaccurate, the Suns defense is very underrated...People dont think they play D because they score so much and their style gives their opposition a lot of possessions...

Looking at the Suns D versus the Spurs lately I wouldnt call it that good ,but w'ell see this series.The Suns havent really shown that theyll do anything different and I dont think they will.Statistically they arent that much different from 05.Your problem will be scoring against the best D in the league (Spurs).If the Spurs make this a half court game the Suns can forget it.

Good luck.

:rolleyes2 who's not giving the Spurs a chance? I've seen people call it both ways and usually in seven, which means that they think it could go either way but see it barely going one. Nice try though, po widdle spursiewursies never det any wespet. Please.

Wow you took this the wrong way. When I said the Spurs arent being given a chance I meant that people aren't predicting them to win.

From the majority I've seen folks are picking Phoenix to win.

Geez man. you definitely went the other way with this thread.

I agree. Two posts, two woe-is-me statements.:rolleyes2

Guess it's the theme of FH when two fans of opposing teams engage in a conversation. You're on my side with the Dolphins but then I'm a douchebag when it comes to the NBA b/c I don't ride Phoenix's jock.

Phoenix won't win the title this year so enjoy the playoffs while you can friend.

Back
Top Bottom