Suns vs. Spurs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suns vs. Spurs

I dont want to get in a pissing match with anyone, but I really hate this arguement...I would never say that to a Bills fan, it to me is just a weak thing to say...Sports are all about what have you done for me lately, not what we did such and such years ago...

Well by your logic what has Phoenix done lately? Spurs won the series this year with a whopping 2-1. Last team to win a title between the two? Spurs.

You havent DONE anything lately. Right?

I dont remember ever calling you a crybaby:boohoo: , I just pointed out that pretty much everybody is picking the Spurs, which was completely contrary to what you posted.

That is fine, it doesnt matter to me, and I think this is gonna be the best series of all the playoffs. I dont dislike the Spurs as seems to be the common theme, in fact, if they beat the Suns, I hope they win it all. (Except something inside is compeled to root for the Chicago Blue Devils...errrrr Bulls).

Good luck San Antonio, and I already know the better team is going to win (The most obvious sports quote ever)

No not you, The Big Lebowski suddenly shows up and claims I don't think the Spurs get enough credit in the media. Christ could that guy have been more wrong.

Like I've said in the past numerous times, if we don't make it, I hope Phoenix does. I like Nash, Barbosa and Marion. I'd even like Golden State to make the Finals if we don't.

Good luck guys

Enough of the "weak" smack talk.I think Ive made some valid points and I wont put too much,or waste too much time with this.I expect rebuttals from Suns fans and thats ok BUT:The reason we beat the Suns:

We take teams that want to run, and we slow them down. That's a FACT. Denver averaged 19 FB ppg during the regular season. They got 19 total in the first three games. There are three ways I think this happens.

1) We run a motion offense, and use a lot of our own shotclock.

2) When the shot does go up, THREE PLAYERS run back right away. Pop doesn't care about offensive rebounds. He'd rather run our efficient offense, and make the other team face our half court defense. Spurs shoot .474 and our opponents shoot .443.

3) In 2005, to prepare for the Suns, our scout team was allowed to take the ball directly out of the basket and start running to simulate the go go Suns. Preparation.

Even if you don't like SA ( fans of other teams),you have to agree that the quality of basketball the Spurs play is pretty doggone good.

And as Ive said,good luck Suns fans.....AND Go Spurs Go!!

Oh, calm down. I responded to what was written:

"I like the fact that no one is giving the Spurs a chance."

Which is patently false and borderline whiny. Whoever you are talking to or watching on tv (probably cold pizza :lol: ) that says that the Spurs don't have a chance lacks any credibility whatsoever. However, the same could be said for anyone that says the Suns don't have a chance.

And this is a flat out pathetically weak and defensive statement that doesn't warrant comment (though I guess I just did):

"Jesus Christ you never won a championship fans can be just as bad as Bills fans.

Win a title and then come talk with Dre, Flames and I"

Anyways, to the rest of you Spurs fans, good luck! Should be a fun series to watch. As I said in my first post, it can go either way (Holy schnikies! You mean someone--a fan of the opposing team no less-- gave the Spurs a chance!? :lol: ).

Don't watch Cold Pizza. Haven't looked up anything on any "experts" predictions b/c I don't give a damn about them.

Look previously in this thread. The posters who pick Phoenix outnumber the ones who picked the Spurs.

Let's just shut up and play already

I'll be at the neighborhood bar for this one...Too bad you cant join us.:tongue: Plenty of Spurs and Suns fans going to be there.Nice to open up the week with a couple pitchers and a Sp.....Anyways Go Spurs Go!!!:evil: :drinkers:

Spurs in 6. The Spurs are on a mission to get that 4th title and I think they'll handle the Suns like they did 2 years ago!

Ok,so I'll take anything Timmy does in the present over Amare.Hows that?:lol: Nice spin tho.It would be something if the past didnt mean anything.:wink: :lol:
That makes more sense and isn't too surprising considering you are a Spurs fan. The fall back statement of "we won championships" doesn't argue anything and is just a weak way of arguing against something. From what I could tell, he wasn't arguing over who he would want more, he was pointing out some statistics that could have bearing on this game, not a championship series 2 years ago. Also, anything that you don't agree with is not spin. Calling something spin is also just another way of avoiding having to actually argue a point.

Anyways, do previous awards and championships win current championships? If that's the case, how did the pats get knocked out of the playoffs? I mean, they won a few recently and Brady has been MVP, so the rest of the league should have just crowned them champs again, right? Maybe they should have been given a few points in the AFC Championship just for being former champs and having a former MVP. If they got one point for each, they could have won that game :lol: . Then, such things would have actually mattered in the present.

Well by your logic what has Phoenix done lately? Spurs won the series this year with a whopping 2-1. Last team to win a title between the two? Spurs.

You havent DONE anything lately. Right?
The logic of pointing out previous championships in relation to today is flawed too. What did the Celtics 16 championships do for them lately? What did the Heat's championship last year do for them this year? The Spurs have more championships. Neato, here's a cookie. Doesn't have anything to do with the series this year.

That makes more sense and isn't too surprising considering you are a Spurs fan. The fall back statement of "we won championships" doesn't argue anything and is just a weak way of arguing against something. From what I could tell, he wasn't arguing over who he would want more, he was pointing out some statistics that could have bearing on this game, not a championship series 2 years ago. Also, anything that you don't agree with is not spin. Calling something spin is also just another way of avoiding having to actually argue a point.

Anyways, do previous awards and championships win current championships? If that's the case, how did the pats get knocked out of the playoffs? I mean, they won a few recently and Brady has been MVP, so the rest of the league should have just crowned them champs again, right? Maybe they should have been given a few points in the AFC Championship just for being former champs and having a former MVP. If they got one point for each, they could have won that game :lol: . Then, such things would have actually mattered in the present.

Well why dont we see what HE actually meant.I didnt really consider it to be that much of an argument.Hey,Amare has done well against the Spurs.He averaged something like 37 ppg in the 05 series.I dont discount that,but the rest of the Suns did squat.

On the other side of that,did the Suns win the series?No.Did the Suns even win the last game against the Spurs.Hell he (Amare) didnt even play that well the LAST game.Thats the closest thing to present we can base anything off of.

Yes the past title argument I'll admit is tiring,but I wasnt really using it to argue.The point was I would take Tims body of work over Amare's.Also the Spurs have afforded the Spurs fans to talk a little smack here from time to time,if we so choose to.The same would be said for any other team that has accomplished what the Spurs have.And no the Spurs as the Suns havent won a championship.I wouldnt be surprised if the winner of this series did tho.

No not you, The Big Lebowski suddenly shows up and claims I don't think the Spurs get enough credit in the media. Christ could that guy have been more wrong.

Like I've said in the past numerous times, if we don't make it, I hope Phoenix does. I like Nash, Barbosa and Marion. I'd even like Golden State to make the Finals if we don't.

Good luck guys
It's the Dude, the Big Lebowski is the rich one :wink: . And I've already quoted what you said twice. You said that nobody is giving the Spurs a chance. How am I reading that wrong? I'm watching Jackson pick the Spurs right now. The Sportsnation poll on espn.com has these results as of right now:
23.7% Spurs, 4-2
19.1% Spurs, 4-3
16.5% Suns, 4-2
14.3% Suns, 4-3
12.3% Spurs, 4-1
7.7% Spurs, 4-0
3.9% Suns, 4-1
2.5% Suns, 4-0

All five experts on ESPN.com have the Spurs taking it. I'm sure if I check other websites, most will be giving the Spurs a "chance." So, yeah, I guess I'm wrong. :rolleyes2

Good luck to you too. Gonna be fun to watch, as always.

Enough of the "weak" smack talk.I think Ive made some valid points and I wont put too much,or waste too much time with this.I expect rebuttals from Suns fans and thats ok BUT:The reason we beat the Suns:

We take teams that want to run, and we slow them down. That's a FACT. Denver averaged 19 FB ppg during the regular season. They got 19 total in the first three games. There are three ways I think this happens.

1) We run a motion offense, and use a lot of our own shotclock.

2) When the shot does go up, THREE PLAYERS run back right away. Pop doesn't care about offensive rebounds. He'd rather run our efficient offense, and make the other team face our half court defense. Spurs shoot .474 and our opponents shoot .443.

3) In 2005, to prepare for the Suns, our scout team was allowed to take the ball directly out of the basket and start running to simulate the go go Suns. Preparation.

Even if you don't like SA ( fans of other teams),you have to agree that the quality of basketball the Spurs play is pretty doggone good.

And as Ive said,good luck Suns fans.....AND Go Spurs Go!!
These are all very good points and why I am worried about the Spurs. All I was saying is that these kinds of things have bearing on this series, not the "we won championships" argument, which means absolutely nothing right now.

Good luck to you too! Enjoy the game. :hi5:

Get the popcorn ready...Suns in 6. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom