Super Bowl 2023 Game Day Thread | Page 50 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Super Bowl 2023 Game Day Thread

Who wins

• Eagles

Votes: 40 38.8%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 64 62.1%

• Total voters
What a beautiful way to end the season. Philly played its first tough team this season and lost. Easy to get lots of sacks and wins in the dog **** NFC. They only won the Super Bowl last time because they came in last place in their shitty division the year before and had a cupcake schedule just like this year. Difference is Andy Reid didnā€™t sabotage the team by benching one of the teams best defensive players right before the game started like Bellicheat did. Cry eagles cry.

Probably about the same. I think Hill was very aware of his choice of money over winning.
Maybe for him it's more thrilling going to a place where he can be part of a turnaround/a difference maker rather than winning with all the credit being given a generational QB.

This was a great game. Eagles lost, but Hurts made big throws and balled out. Eagles got their qb and I see them being back especially with nfc wide open. Not too many good young qbs in nfc unlike afc which is stacked. That holding call at end of the game killed me. Idk if I win, but it seemed like a set up for me to win final score for my superbowl squares. I had 1 for chiefs and 8 for eagles. Without that call, the chiefs kick the fg, go up 38-35. Maybe eagles don't score any pts or get a td with time left to not make it matter. But it would have set up the chance for eagles to go and tie with a fg to be 38-38 over time. And mahomes wins with fg 41-38

My friend bet 5 bucks on the exact score KC 38 and Phi 35 and won 1600 bucks he's one lucky bastard
**** your friend lol jk. I had 1 chiefs, 8 eagles. Without that call, chiefs go 38-35 and set up for eagles to make it 38-38 overtimes and chance for 41-38 final score chiefs. $2,500 I'd have won

Last edited:
NFL has to get rid of the pushing of the QB from behind on a sneak. So cheap.
It isn't illegal any longer. The NFL legalized this years ago as it is too hard to determine if an offensive player is pushing the runner (which was illegal) or the pile (which was legal).
It is still illegal to pull the runner, but that absolutely never happens.
As far as I know, it is still illegal at other levels (though rarely called). I think I might have called it one time in 20 years of officiating.

I had watched every Super Bowl until today. Not one second. And I'm thrilled with my decision. As soon as I saw the halftime score I knew what the final would be. They might as well have put it on the scoreboard right then and there and emptied the building.

The two athletes I refuse to watch are Patrick Mahomes and Johannes Thingnes Boe. It is a compliment to them. They own so much margin for error the events are uninteresting.

A Chiefs victory is devastating due to what it means toward the following season. A team like that will thrive in a surge of energy and confidence. They are always a threat to go unbeaten as long as Mahomes is in his prime. A Super Bowl defeat would have led to a mini funk the following season, just like last year when they were coming off the Super Bowl loss to Tampa Bay and opened the season so poorly.

I hope this game -- whatever it looked like -- is enough to provide further evidence that point production is all that matters. Defense is a trivial distraction. When the best teams get together it's going to be a shoot out, like Ohio State vs. Georgia in the semifinal.

The Dolphins shouldn't care about any variable other than asking themselves if Tua is capable of matching points in the postseason.

I had watched every Super Bowl until today. Not one second. And I'm thrilled with my decision. As soon as I saw the halftime score I knew what the final would be. They might as well have put it on the scoreboard right then and there and emptied the building.

The two athletes I refuse to watch are Patrick Mahomes and Johannes Thingnes Boe. It is a compliment to them. They own so much margin for error the events are uninteresting.

A Chiefs victory is devastating due to what it means toward the following season. A team like that will thrive in a surge of energy and confidence. They are always a threat to go unbeaten as long as Mahomes is in his prime. A Super Bowl defeat would have led to a mini funk the following season, just like last year when they were coming off the Super Bowl loss to Tampa Bay and opened the season so poorly.

I hope this game -- whatever it looked like -- is enough to provide further evidence that point production is all that matters. Defense is a trivial distraction. When the best teams get together it's going to be a shoot out, like Ohio State vs. Georgia in the semifinal.

The Dolphins shouldn't care about any variable other than asking themselves if Tua is capable of matching points in the postseason.
You do realize they won because the birds screwed up royally 2x?

I could be wrong but was it the only judgment foul called all game? I saw offsides and false starts. I donā€™t remember anything else though. Just weird.
They called a very weak one on the chiefs at the beginning of the gameā€¦

But the Goedert catch was once again very poorly reviewed

Who here knows what a catch is

They called a very weak one on the chiefs at the beginning of the gameā€¦

But the Goedert catch was once again very poorly reviewed

Who here knows what a catch is
Itā€™s crazy that in a game where you literally have to catch a ball to play, the league doesnā€™t know what a ā€œcatchā€ is. Itā€™s beyond stupid

Itā€™s crazy that in a game where you literally have to catch a ball to play, the league doesnā€™t know what a ā€œcatchā€ is. Itā€™s beyond stupid
The issue, IMO, is there seem to be a different set of rules for what a catch is in multiple situations. I donā€™t understand either of their rulings. Itā€™s like they messed up the Smith call so they gave the Eagles a freebie on the fumble in the 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom