Super Bowl 2023 Game Day Thread | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Super Bowl 2023 Game Day Thread

Who wins

• Eagles

Votes: 40 38.8%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 64 62.1%

• Total voters
It’s crazy that in a game where you literally have to catch a ball to play, the league doesn’t know what a “catch” is. It’s beyond stupid
For me it’s makes no sense that in the field of play the catcher needs to complete the catch with 3 steps and do a football move for it to be considered a catch

Yet on the sideline you can bobble it 4 times while grazing the shadow of grass and it is deemed a completion

Then they do expedited reviews or you have to challenge but if you challenge too quick you don’t get the benefit of the review (d smith catches vs niners and again vs kc) pretty much the exact same settings

You do realize they won because the birds screwed up royally 2x?
The Eagles pulled a Dolphin at the end. They allowed a QB to run for a big gain and had a stupid (questionable?) defensive penalty called against them to keep a KC drive alive. That's right out of Miami's defensive playbook!

Last edited:
The Eagles pulled a Dolphin at the end. They allowed a QB to run for a big gain and had a stupid (questionable?) defensive penalty called against them to keep a HC drive alive. That's right out of Miami's defensive playbook!
Didn't they also allow a big punt return and QB fumbled for a sixer ?

In actuality….Philly’s defense looked a lot like Olivadatti’s defense during the late 90’s. Never Blitz…Never change anything up….Give TE’s a free release every play….

Tell me I’m wrong on that.
Well I didn't know enough about football during ovlidattis time but I I can tell ya I was kind of shocked to see little to no adjustments on defense for Philly. Thought they would adjust. Is this more common than we think around the league?

I honestly think Eagles have the edge on both sides of the ball! Eagles 30-17
Well I can admit when I am wrong. Eagles soft zone killed them while doing no adjustments, disappointed in the game was being called pretty decent until that last (questionable) PI to sustain Chiefs drive. Other than that it was fun to watch.

For me it’s makes no sense that in the field of play the catcher needs to complete the catch with 3 steps and do a football move for it to be considered a catch

Yet on the sideline you can bobble it 4 times while grazing the shadow of grass and it is deemed a completion

Then they do expedited reviews or you have to challenge but if you challenge too quick you don’t get the benefit of the review (d smith catches vs niners and again vs kc) pretty much the exact same settings
EXACTLY!!! I was having this convo last night when it happened. Dude clearly caught the ball and got blown up. It should have been a fumble.

Considering it woulda needed to travel 71 air yards to make it to the end zone, the Eagles should have and I thought they were going to run the hook and ladder. 70 air yards is a throw only a handful of qbs can make. It was a bad call by the Eagles.

Considering it woulda needed to travel 71 air yards to make it to the end zone, the Eagles should have and I thought they were going to run the hook and ladder. 70 air yards is a throw only a handful of qbs can make. It was a bad call by the Eagles.
Yeah, I think you're missing the point the Twitter poster was making...

71 yards is exactly the distance Tua was filmed throwing in the pre season, ironically.

Although the wind was howling in the background so I think he got some help.

Furthest I could ever throw was 60 yards and I felt great about it.

I can still throw 40-45 yards but my arm would be sore for 2 weeks if I tried.

Yeah, I think you're missing the point the Twitter poster was making...
Yea im trying to avoid the Tua topic, im exhausted trying to make sense of how everything somehow relates to Tua amongst our fanbase.

My point was 90% of QBs can't throw it 70+ yards. I'm a known Tua critic and if he did that I wouldn't blame him for that throw, I'd blame the coach for not knowing his limitations just like the Eagles shoulda known 70 yards is out of Hurts ability. It was a bad call.

What a beautiful way to end the season. Philly played its first tough team this season and lost. Easy to get lots of sacks and wins in the dog **** NFC. They only won the Super Bowl last time because they came in last place in their shitty division the year before and had a cupcake schedule just like this year. Difference is Andy Reid didn’t sabotage the team by benching one of the teams best defensive players right before the game started like Bellicheat did. Cry eagles cry.
wow

Back
Top Bottom