Taboo subject: Patrick Turner | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Taboo subject: Patrick Turner

Drafted out of USC in the second round, Dwayne Jarrett was said to be the second coming of Keyshawn. 6'4" 220 lbs. He's been terrible. While Panthers fans have most likely given up hope on the "second coming of Keyshawn", people here still have hope for the second coming of Dwayne Jarrett. Sure he's been a rookie and of course there's a chance that he can develop into an actual second coming of Keyshawn, it's hard to believe that after an entire season of not catching a single pass on a team with arguably the worst wide receivers in the league, he will ever be putting up 90 receptions in a season.

Miles Austin was drafted in 2006 and didn't crack the number 3 spot until TO left.

Miles Austin wasn't drafted period.....that's a huge difference...

When you take a player with a 3rd round pick, you do so with the expectation that the guy will at the very least stick a mouthpiece in his mouth at some point during the season...

Turner was a tremendous reach in the 3rd round...I had 6th/7th round value on him as a prospect....and I think he would've been there for Miami to take that late...

Are you even sure that Turner is really ahead of Julius Pruitt???????

The Dolphins could trade Turner to his old coach up there in Seattle and just eat the bonus money right up in the uncapped year.

Another thing, why should the Dolphins keep this guy around when a guy like Kelley Washington is an UFA. Washinton is no Andre Johnson, but he has the size and experience and he graded out really well last year.

Washington had almost the highest catch per target ratio in the NFL.

Yes, he has a bad neck and could be out of the NFL at any time, but really, what player isn't at some risk of the same.

I'm not even saying I want to sign Washinton, I am just saying there are some better options to keeping Turner around.

Myself, I would rather sign Muhsin Muhammad as a player/coach/mentor guy.
Yes, Moose is ancient, but he is what he is. He catches everything,he is, bar none,by far, the best blocking WR in the NFL, he is of the highest character and would be an excellent influence on the young WR's,and he has great size and can still get open at 37.

Dolphins are in no position to put up with 3rd round busts. This WR corps needs improvement, not another project.

Kelley Washington? That dude is on a new team like every year. Hell no.

i don't see anything wrong with that interview. Armanda is still a douche.

Yeah, seriously. What was he expecting him to say? "I'm really lousy and when they put me in the game I'll be the 2nd coming of Randy Moss with a bogus mane on my chin."

When you take a player with a 3rd round pick, you do so with the expectation that the guy will at the very least stick a mouthpiece in his mouth at some point during the season...

Turner was a tremendous reach in the 3rd round...I had 6th/7th round value on him as a prospect....and I think he would've been there for Miami to take that late...

Exactly. There is a certain expectation of performance that comes with an UDFA, and another that comes with somone that's drafted. That's why guys are taken in rounds, and then just out of a pool.

Take our own UDFA Davone Bess, who has also out performed Turner.

Turner's ordeal reminds me a lot of the Ernest Wilford debacle in 08. No one seemed to know why he wasn't playing and no one was talking.

Then this year we have the Matt Roth thing. I'm not sure what the coaches/FO are dealing with when it comes to these players, but a little more transparency on these issues would be nice.
As long as the coaches and front office are speaking to one another, it doesn't really matter if they're being transparent with the public. It's frustrating not to know the ins and outs of what's going on but there's no benefit to the coaches and front office if we do. I doubt any team values any of its fans for anything more highly than they value them for their spending power. Fan opinion about personnel decisions probably doesn't come too high up on their list of priorities.

Drafted out of USC in the second round, Dwayne Jarrett was said to be the second coming of Keyshawn. 6'4" 220 lbs. He's been terrible. While Panthers fans have most likely given up hope on the "second coming of Keyshawn", people here still have hope for the second coming of Dwayne Jarrett. Sure he's been a rookie and of course there's a chance that he can develop into an actual second coming of Keyshawn, it's hard to believe that after an entire season of not catching a single pass on a team with arguably the worst wide receivers in the league, he will ever be putting up 90 receptions in a season.

This statement is clearly a bash USC post or too much rambling without getting to the point. Further, I just do not see your logic.

WR1 - vacant
WR2 - Hartline by the end of the year
WR3 - Camarillo/Bess/Ginn

Ginn is on the active roster because of special teams and big play, and there was no way Turner replaces him. Camarillo and Bess make the 3rd or 4th receiver on more than half of the football teams in the league. Hartline showed an exceptional grasp of the playbook and football smarts for a rookie. That beats out every rookie except for truly exceptional talents (as a rookie). If turner was a #1 he would have gone in the 1st round. Its not as easy to make this receiving corps as you are stating.

Turner and Pat White were just awful picks.

Turner in 4 years at USC didn't do much at all. So expecting him to boom as a pro prospect was questionable at best. Major reach.

Turner and Pat White were just awful picks.

Turner in 4 years at USC didn't do much at all. So expecting him to boom as a pro prospect was questionable at best. Major reach.

Turner wasnt an awful pick, they were going off of potential so while we needed a wideout it made SOME sense (bad pick yes, awful no lol)

Pat white on the other hand..... well i think when you draft a 13 year old to run the wildcat in the 2nd round and after 1 year of failure has as much value as John Beck does "ZERO" then it becomes bigger then awful =)

And Pat White looked like he was about 5'11" 140 pounds when he was on the field. The guy is so fricken toothpick thin it isn't even funny.

Wait, so now it's Turner's fault for being drafted too high?:ohno:

also, no one here knows if Turner was a bad pick. There have been situations where guys were better on gameday than they are at practice, ie Merling. I'll save my judgement of Turner after he sees some PT.

Back
Top Bottom