Taboo subject: Patrick Turner | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Taboo subject: Patrick Turner

you guys make no sense what-so-ever. You might as well compare Turner to Carpenter. That's how retarded you guys sound.

By that reasoning I'm as good as Turner. I didn't get any chances either.

Lets not get this carried completely out of context. He had Chances at practice everyday. To compare him (paid extremely well, on the roster!!!) to yourself, well seems like your just in an arguing mood.

Lets not get this carried completely out of context. He had Chances at practice everyday. To compare him (paid extremely well, on the roster!!!) to yourself, well seems like your just in an arguing mood.
Of course he had chances. He had as many as any other wideout. I was simplyy illustrating the utter absurdity of the "He didn't get chances" argument. It's the absolutely worst, most assinine argument there is. He was just not good enough to get on the field. That's the bottom line.

I also was not good enough to get on the field, oddly enough.

also, no one here knows if Turner was a bad pick. There have been situations where guys were better on gameday than they are at practice, ie Merling. I'll save my judgement of Turner after he sees some PT.

He'll get PT when he can out perform someone.......Anyone.

So you're saying a 3rd round pick on a guy that can't crack the lineup on a WR corps that's average at best is not a bad pick, but actually a good pick?

Hm.

Interesting logic.

you guys make no sense what-so-ever. You might as well compare Turner to Carpenter. That's how retarded you guys sound.

Impossible to compare the two. Dan Carpenter is a pro bowler at his position. Turner isn't even a player at his position.

Though I admit it's probably more accurate to compare him to a kicker, because he's been a failure at WR so far. Can't compare him to Hartline...You know......A productive, contributing WR that was drafted in the same year as Turner?

When you take a player with a 3rd round pick, you do so with the expectation that the guy will at the very least stick a mouthpiece in his mouth at some point during the season...
Carson Palmer was the 1st pick of the draft in '03 & he never took a snap his rookie year. Bad pick?

Turner was a tremendous reach in the 3rd round....
We will see. You guys simply want fast food football players. Wr is one of the toughest positions to go from college to NFL. Some do it easier than others.

I had 6th/7th round value on him as a prospect....and I think he would've been there for Miami to take that late...
Are you saying you know more about drafting then the men running the Phins?

Yea, he is not on the field in 16 games. :rolleyes2:

He is not a special teams player.

So Hartline...Who came right in and contributed is worse or better than Turner?

You know..Hartline....The guy at the same position that contributed to the tune of 506 yards?

I know Hartline's just a ST'r....But...You know....I like a productive WR to one that can't get activated.

Or are you doubting the ability of this FO to accurately activate the right players?

So Hartline...Who came right in and contributed is worse or better than Turner?
What? How does this reply is address my reply?

You know..Hartline....The guy at the same position that contributed to the tune of 506 yards?

I know Hartline's just a ST'r....But...You know....I like a productive WR to one that can't get activated.
What?

Or are you doubting the ability of this FO to accurately activate the right players?
What? My comment addressed nothing about Hartline. WTF is yours about?

My comment was simply about people being upset about Turner & questioning why he couldn't even get on the field as for ST.

He was a late 3rd Rd. pick. The way some are you are acting Miami just spend the No. 1 pick of the draft on this guy.. He is either not good enough or not ready to take the field in the NFL. Players are drafted without an eye on the very next season. Turner may have needed a year of work or he simply may have been judged wrong.

What? How does this reply is address my reply?

What?

What? My comment addressed nothing about Hartline. WTF is yours about?

My comment was simply about people being upset about Turner & questioning why he couldn't even get on the field as for ST.

He was a late 3rd Rd. pick. The way some are you are acting Miami just spend the No. 1 pick of the draft on this guy.. He is either not good enough or not ready to take the field in the NFL. Players are drafted without an eye on the very next season. Turner may have needed a year of work or he simply may have been judged wrong.

He can't get on the field because he's not good.

He's not good enough at being a WR that he can't get on the field......

Let me say it a different way;

He's not good, so he can't get on the field.

I'm not saying he's this huge bust, although it sucks we spent a 3rd on him. I don't consider a 3rd or under a bust, because...Well, expectations are lower....But, when a UDFA out performs you, and a peer outperforms you......You have a problem.

Sorry if you can't figure out my replies.

He can't get on the field because he's not good.

He's not good enough at being a WR that he can't get on the field......

Let me say it a different way;

He's not good, so he can't get on the field.

I'm not saying he's this huge bust, although it sucks we spent a 3rd on him. I don't consider a 3rd or under a bust, because...Well, expectations are lower...
Am I understanding you correctly. You have already determined that Turner has no future in the NFL?

.But, when a UDFA out performs you, and a peer outperforms you......You have a problem.
John Randle was a UDFA & he was just elected to the HOF. Just because a player went undrafted does not mean he cannot be a quality player in the NFL.

The draft is not a exact science. Bess would obviously get drafted today if they had known he would be able to perform.

Tom Brady would not have been a 6th Rd. pick either.

You guys seem to expect every draft pick to be hit on right out of the gate. Turner was not good enough last year. His learning curve is different than Hartline's was. Does that mean Hartline will be a better WR in the NFL over his career? Who knows. He might be, he might be cut next training camp also.
Sorry if you can't figure out my replies.
Forgive me for not being able to figure out why you quoted my post & talked about Hartline, when I never brought his name up or even in the post I quoted brought his name up.

Carson Palmer was the 1st pick of the draft in '03 & he never took a snap his rookie year. Bad pick?

We will see. You guys simply want fast food football players. Wr is one of the toughest positions to go from college to NFL. Some do it easier than others.

Are you saying you know more about drafting then the men running the Phins?

Not a very good example you've given here....for the simple fact that you can only have ONE quarterback on the field taking snaps....the Bengals took the BPA that also FILLED A NEED with the #1 overall pick...

Turner obviously couldn't get on the field as the 3rd, 4th, or 5th option at a position where you can have MULTIPLE players on the field....

Why not? Because of the same things that made him a late round pick IMO in the first place....he was beaten out by a guy taken an entire round later than he was....(which is the only thing that saved their *** here)....taking Turner in the 3rd round was a huge reach...not only by me...but essentially by 99% of the people that study the draft...I believe Kiper chimed in with his $.02 on the issue as well...

Receiver being one of the tougher positions to make an immediate impact as a rookie isn't the point either....there were still probably 80 better players on the board at the time than Patrick Turner....which is the real issue here...

I don't know how much these guys know about drafting....all I know is that WR obviously isn't a strongpoint for them....be it the draft or free agency...

Everyone misses no matter how good they are...and these guys are allowed misses just like any other regime is....but Patrick Turner was a tremendous reach in the 3rd round....that's all I'm saying really...

If they just wanted to use a pick on a WR with the intentions of keeping him inactive all year..they would've been better off using one of those late rounders on one instead of a 3rd...

...and the Pat White pick in the 2nd? :lol:

Not a very good example you've given here....for the simple fact that you can only have ONE quarterback on the field taking snaps....the Bengals took the BPA that also FILLED A NEED with the #1 overall pick...
In Miami opinion I'm sure Turner was one of the better players left. Also, if you have not noticed there was a run on WR right before Miami's pick. ( 4 of the last 5 were Wr ) If Turner was the last big one they had an interest in then they probably felt like had to move on him

Turner obviously couldn't get on the field as the 3rd, 4th, or 5th option at a position where you can have MULTIPLE players on the field....
Only Wr Miami had playing last year were Ginn, Hartline, Bess & Cam, so there was not a 5th option.

Probably had more to do with Cam's special teams ability & Turners lack of it.
When you are the 4th opinion then ST play usually determines things. If you think about it, all Miami's WR played ST in one form or another.

Why not? Because of the same things that made him a late round pick IMO in the first place....he was beaten out by a guy taken an entire round later than he was....(which is the only thing that saved their *** here)....taking Turner in the 3rd round was a huge reach...not only by me...but essentially by 99% of the people that study the draft...I believe Kiper chimed in with his $.02 on the issue as well...
An entire Rd? Well if Kiper chimed in then it must be true.

Where was Kipers opinion on M. Colston? Did he had him projected higher? Like 1st Rd? or even 2nd? He exploded onto the NFL scene his rookie year. So please do not hand me Kiper or any draft guru. They all miss on player just as much as other. Mike Mayock loved Pat White. Here is what he had to say "Excellent arm/accuracy, the new 'slash'?"

Hartline had an ok rookie season, but lets not get a head of ourselves. He is replaceable.

Receiver being one of the tougher positions to make an immediate impact as a rookie isn't the point either....there were still probably 80 better players on the board at the time than Patrick Turner....which is the real issue here...
So if Turner is just slower developing than others & in 5 Yrs he is a quality Wr will you still come back & say there were 80 better players on the board? BTW I wanted Miami to draft Jared Cook. L. Murphy would have been the better pick instead of Hartline.

Instant results are not an indicator of NFL success. The NFL is full of players who had great rookie years, but never did anything else the rest of their career, just as there are players who did nothing their rookie year & ended up have long productive careers.

I don't know how much these guys know about drafting....all I know is that WR obviously isn't a strong point for them....be it the draft or free agency...

Everyone misses no matter how good they are...and these guys are allowed misses just like any other regime is....but Patrick Turner was a tremendous reach in the 3rd round....that's all I'm saying really...
Why not wait & see what Turner does this camp. If he is still not getting some type of playing time, then odds are he was, but it was just his rookie year & Wr is one of the hardest position. I thought they reached for Turner, but as I stated above. Maybe they felt like they had too.

BTW, you do know that Hartline had pretty much the same late Rd/UDFA. grade on him?

Back
Top Bottom