Take This With A H. U. G. E. Grain Of Salt: Jim Harbaugh To Miami When He Returns To Nfl | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Take This With A H. U. G. E. Grain Of Salt: Jim Harbaugh To Miami When He Returns To Nfl

Do you think he would make a good HC for the team?

• Yes

Votes: 94 81.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 18.3%

• Total voters
Regardless of rumors and press clippings, if Jim Harbaugh were to become available, Gase would do his best Tony Sparano imitation as he would retreat in silence waiting to hear if he has been replaced as Ross flies the jet somewhere to roll out the red carpet for JH.

It's not like that hasn't happened before.

Jim Harbaugh is flat out trash

As a Michigan fan god I hope not. Not because he would leave Michigan either but because he is vastly overrated. MMos fans here in Toledo who are Michigan fans want him gone. I haven't given up completely up on him because I do see improvement.

Hey P, you know, you might be right about the RT17 deal. I always though that Mr Gase was joined to the hip w/ RT17. But I think after the knee debacle, and shoulder drama, it might not be so cozy anymore.

The Big Butt question is, How Do They Move On From RT17?????? It's simple to say just release him, but we know Broctober was smoke and mirrors, and I know nothing about the rest of the QBs behind the Brockinator, the draft???? Free Agency???? StopGap??? A lot of unanswered questions, just like Theranos, "But a Girl runs it, so it's got to be honest, Girls don't lie" Ahem Ahem.

The Ever Skeptical VIPER

Yeah....some forget Gase was stuck with RT after Tannebum & Co. gave him that outrageous extension in 2015 (which Gase had no part of since he came in the following season). He may just know/feel he is stuck with him and ride it out until end of contract making the best of it.

Some options for a one or two year deal could be Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor, Fitzpatrick/Winston (whichever falls out of favor there...but that seems to be a weekly thing, lol). Also, I don't see the Giants parting with Eli (they/fan base will want him to retire a Giant so I think he either plays one more season or retires) but that's an outside option as well as possibly Foles.

Would love to have this guy running the ship. Either Harbaugh would be a great get.

Third place Jimmy?...Big NO thanks...

If he's not willing to give up play calling on 3rd down, or improve drastically for the remaining of the season, then Gase should just go.

This would actually be for the best.....hard to take as a fan but the right call is to tank in 2019 and get a high draft pick in 2020 with a more talented draft class esp. at QB.

I think Gase is allowed to stay and pick his own QB in 2020 and will be judged from there. So we have at least 2 more years of Gase. Tannehill is another matter....my hope/guess is he's gone after this season so we don't have to pay him off the rest of that ridiculous salary and they bring in a stopgap 1 year guy at lowest salary possible to take the reins for 2019.
That could be disastrous for the team. If Gase picks the qb in 20 and we still suck the new coach would want his guy. No way Gase gets until say 2022 or 23 playing 6 win ball

Definitely not Jim Harbaugh and here's one of the reasons. Harbaugh has a punkish Pete Carroll blood in his veins.

Following Shula all those years showed how a coach should handle himself.

If Harbaugh can be anywhere near Pete Carrol from a wins aspect for our Fins, I'm all for that.

That could be disastrous for the team. If Gase picks the qb in 20 and we still suck the new coach would want his guy. No way Gase gets until say 2022 or 23 playing 6 win ball

I agree with you...I just think non-football smart Ross is going to feel or be convinced (by Gase, Tannenbum, et al) that Gase's time with the team has been hamstrung by injuries and "it's not his fault"....and he'll give him at least next year (with Tannehill or a fill in) and let him stay to choose his own guy, being convinced by Gase and others that if Gase is allowed to do so, something magical will happen (LMAO).

As much as Ross loves Jim H. though, that could be a lynchpin as to what happens if Harbuagh expresses interest....he may move on from Gase then but absent that, I don't see him making a coaching move soon.

Back
Top Bottom