Take This With A H. U. G. E. Grain Of Salt: Jim Harbaugh To Miami When He Returns To Nfl | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Take This With A H. U. G. E. Grain Of Salt: Jim Harbaugh To Miami When He Returns To Nfl

Do you think he would make a good HC for the team?

• Yes

Votes: 94 81.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 18.3%

• Total voters
Terrific coach but hamstrung at Michigan due to recruiting realities against Ohio State. Harbaugh simply has a worse roster every year in that matchup and it's difficult to overcome. Urban Meyer already had a recruiting jumpstart when Harbaugh arrived...the connections and blueprint. Plus Meyer is a superior recruiter and more unethical recruiter to begin with, and he loads his staff similarly. Ohio is a greater recruiting hotbed than Michigan.

One advantage after another goes to the Buckeyes right now. If Harbaugh does leave it would be because he senses that, just like Jimmy Johnson understood the problem of being in a division with Peyton Manning when previously he enjoyed considerable talent edge with the Canes and Cowboys. Harbaugh does a great job emphasizing the proper variables like pass defense, and that dictates the majority of games, but he doesn't have the manpower of true powerhouses.

For a jolt of reality regarding how lopsided college recruiting can be, and why the same schools dominate every year, check out this link. Look particularly at the relationship between 5 star, 4 star and 3 star prospects by program. All you have to do in the case of Michigan and Ohio State is check out that relationship in 2018. Ohio State is loaded with 4 stars with a few 5 stars and only a spattering of 3 stars. Michigan had zero 5 stars and nearly twice as many 3 stars as 4 stars. Granted, 2018 was a weak recruiting year for Michigan but that single season can define a roster for years to come.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

Ross would let him clean house and bring in his own crew of FO guys.

This I will take with open arms.

If they are going to hire him and allow the rest of the clusterfk to remain, I'll keep Gase until the ship burns completely.

Gase, while frustrating as all kinds of fk, is not the primary problem with this team as much as the mob likes to yell that he is.

If you're going to surround Harbaugh with the samething Gase has, ride Gase into the sunset or into the ground.

All or nothing, please.

Terrific coach but hamstrung at Michigan due to recruiting realities against Ohio State. Harbaugh simply has a worse roster every year in that matchup and it's difficult to overcome. Urban Meyer already had a recruiting jumpstart when Harbaugh arrived...the connections and blueprint. Plus Meyer is a superior recruiter and more unethical recruiter to begin with, and he loads his staff similarly. Ohio is a greater recruiting hotbed than Michigan.

One advantage after another goes to the Buckeyes right now. If Harbaugh does leave it would be because he senses that, just like Jimmy Johnson understood the problem of being in a division with Peyton Manning when previously he enjoyed considerable talent edge with the Canes and Cowboys. Harbaugh does a great job emphasizing the proper variables like pass defense, and that dictates the majority of games, but he doesn't have the manpower of true powerhouses.

For a jolt of reality regarding how lopsided college recruiting can be, and why the same schools dominate every year, check out this link. Look particularly at the relationship between 5 star, 4 star and 3 star prospects by program. All you have to do in the case of Michigan and Ohio State is check out that relationship in 2018. Ohio State is loaded with 4 stars with a few 5 stars and only a spattering of 3 stars. Michigan had zero 5 stars and nearly twice as many 3 stars as 4 stars. Granted, 2018 was a weak recruiting year for Michigan but that single season can define a roster for years to come.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/
Well now that Urban Meyer seems to be retiring, Ohio state is losing some of their committed prospects. Harbaugh might have a chance now with Michigan and the recruits next year and one of the reasons I don’t think he leaves Michigan.

Definitely not Jim Harbaugh and here's one of the reasons. Harbaugh has a punkish Pete Carroll blood in his veins.

Following Shula all those years showed how a coach should handle himself.

Yeah, I'll agree to disagree because I have no problem with what Harbaugh did in that video. Same thing with Schwartz. Coach or not. It's a competitive game. I'll take a head coach who has that type of fire any day.

He's tough. His teams tend to follow that. And "punkish" Pete Carroll has a Super Bowl ring and coached one of the most dominant defenses of all time. Winning is all that matters in professional sports.

Btw, he took full blame for the incident in the video you posted. Edit: found the quote/article.

"I went in too hard, too aggressive on that handshake. I've since changed that, not doing that anymore," Harbaugh said. "Jim and I are, he was, can't blame him. I went in too hard, too aggressively on the handshake. And you respect him for taking exception to that. We've talked and we're good. We're back to friends."

Last edited:
No thanks.

I wanted him coming out of college the first time but his style doesn’t mesh well with pro athletes

And he’s an awful qb evaluator

I’ve heard it’s Green Bay and Cleveland that has Harbaughs attention.

I could see Cleveland. They have a young up and coming defense and they’d surely give him full reign over things.

Unless Jim’s changed his ways I don’t see how a Rodgers marriage would work in Green Bay. First time he called some wildcat crap Rodgers may stare through his soul.

No thanks.

I wanted him coming out of college the first time but his style doesn’t mesh well with pro athletes

And he’s an awful qb evaluator
Perhaps. But he's been successful in the pros. And every coach learns lessons. No coach is perfect from the jump. I'd be willing to risk a few years on him. I think the risk vs reward is very acceptable. A few years in college refined Pete Carroll. Maybe it helped Harbaugh too. And if not and he fails, we haven't lost anything, were still mediocre.

Perhaps. But he's been successful in the pros. And every coach learns lessons. No coach is perfect from the jump. I'd be willing to risk a few years on him. I think the risk vs reward is very acceptable. A few years in college refined Pete Carroll. Maybe it helped Harbaugh too. And if not and he fails, we haven't lost anything, were still mediocre.

That’s fine. I hope you like pistol and zone read qbs that need to carried by other things. Cause harbaugh sure does.

Prediction. Gase gets the team blown out in one of these last games, Ross fires him afterwards sending out the signal. Jim leaves Michigan and comes here. Super Bowls ensue.

I’d build a statue for Ross if he managed to convince both Harbaughs to come to South Florida on the same coaching staff.

Harbaugh would be like a 3 year rental. He wears out his welcome everywhere he goes. Michigan isn't exactly happy with his product on the field either. He's a decent coach but i wouldn't be too excited

Back
Top Bottom