Tankathon Has Us Drafting Tua @3; Who Might Leapfrog Us @2? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tankathon Has Us Drafting Tua @3; Who Might Leapfrog Us @2?

Even if Tuas medicals are clear I’m not drafting him at 3.

His overall injury history is too big a concern. Prior to the hip injury he was a lock to be a top 3 pick, now after the hip no way. You can’t be a franchise QB if you are hurt on the bench.

At 3 or 4 we should be looking at Andrew Thomas, Jeff Okudah, or Ceedee Lamb imo. Each of those dudes looks like a future all pro and lord knows we need more guys like that on this roster.

Pass in the franchise QB for an OT. I’m glad the lesson of the 2008 Dolphins has sunk in for you.

Even if Tuas medicals are clear I’m not drafting him at 3.

His overall injury history is too big a concern. Prior to the hip injury he was a lock to be a top 3 pick, now after the hip no way. You can’t be a franchise QB if you are hurt on the bench.

At 3 or 4 we should be looking at Andrew Thomas, Jeff Okudah, or Ceedee Lamb imo. Each of those dudes looks like a future all pro and lord knows we need more guys like that on this roster.

Such a good post til the mention of Lamb. And I'm Greek, so I love Lamb, but not 3rd overall.

Thomas or Okudah, yes, yes. Derrick Brown too. Teams picking 4,5,6 will have great options too. I'm ok with Tua, if the team is ok with Tua's medical. I'm ok with passing if the team is ok with passing. I preferred Burrow all along. I can find reasons to like Tua or Herbert.

Last edited:
If you want to be a Tua fanboy that’s fine but to says his injury history is no worse than Justin Herbert is just flat out wrong and also funny.

Also I’m no dr but let me make sure I understand what your saying here. So because he had surgery on both his ankles it’s almost impossible now for him to sprain or break an ankle? LOL

As others have corrected you, it's is absolutely true, Tua's had one significant injury, Herbert has had two. I mentioned nothing about breaking his ankles again, but the tightrope procedure he had on both ankles is done to prevent high ankle sprains ever happening again.

Listen I get the whole nervousness about the hip injury, it was a terrible one and is career threatening. Don't think anyone will argue that point. But I will argue that he's any more injury prone than any other pro athlete, there is simplly not enough evidence to prove that. The big question of course is has the hip injury had an unrecoverable effect on his ability to play QB in the NFL, despite all the speculation we don't know yet and probably won't have any clue for a couple of months if he's on course for a recovery.

We've been dealt a pretty crappy hand in our bid to turn the franchise round, the year in which we ripped apart our roster has coincided with a pretty weak QB class on the whole. There are two players though that are potential stars in the league, Burrow and Tua, we've messed up are tank to give us no shot at Burrow, so options are extremely limited. Tua prior to the hip was a consensus #1 , he's played lights out for the best part of 2 years and has all the talent you want to see in a QB especially in the system we play. That's why I'll keep banging the drum for Tua until the end. You don't get to draft in the top 5 very often, if that pick is not a franchise QB, this rip it up job has been a bit of a failure.

What is your plan for the game's most important position, ride the fitzmagic train ? Rock with Rosen ? Trade for Teddy ? Bring back Tanny ? Wait till 2021 and use our mid round pick for a project ? Hope tiny hands Fromm (if he declares) looks a lot better in the NFL than he has in his Junior season ? Wait 3 or 4 years for Herbert or Love to develop ? I'm sorry but none of those options fill me with as much excitement and sense that things could change than taking the plunge on Tua if he passes the medicals.

Last edited:
Someone help me out here.
If we lose out which is very possible and the Bengals win out(easily possible too).
Doesn't that put us in a position to end up with the #1 pick?

Tankathon has still mocked us a pretty nice looking draft, despite the nonsense of today :)

3rd.JPG

This is huge for us, for two reasons. One, they will give up on Jones after year one and Gettleman is opposed to trading down so unlikely that he sell that pick to another team that could leapfrog us.

And this might be bad, new regime may decide to pick their QB

This is huge for us, for two reasons. One, they will give up on Jones after year one and Gettleman is opposed to trading down so unlikely that he sell that pick to another team that could leapfrog us.

And this might be bad, new regime may decide to pick their QB

Dont think the Redskins will take a QB. Rivera is a defensive guy and is in a position to have all time great defensive line. Plus I understand that the Cards moved on from Rosen but Kingsberry needed a specific QB to run his system and they had the #1 pick and a QB was available to do so. I don’t think you can Haskins for a guy to sit for a year which all the guys need to this year.

Latest mock on Tankathon, looks pretty nice, missing an edge guy but love all these picks.:
View attachment 35533
While I dont follow college prospects, mostly rely on a couple of guys I trust to form an opinion, I love how those picks focus on the offense passing game.

My biggest fear this offseason is watching Flores try to build a top defense and ignore the offense.

Both the Chargers and Panthers picking directly behind Miami are prime trade up candidates.
Yeah, looks like they’re shopping it. Lots of time before the draft. Going to be interesting come draft day. Im expecting the unexpected.

Latest mock on Tankathon, looks pretty nice, missing an edge guy but love all these picks.:
View attachment 35533

Good looking names. No screwing around. I appreciate productive players from major programs.

Too bad Bryce Hall got hurt on that punt return play against the Canes. I was really looking forward to watching him against Jeff Thomas for the remainder of that game.

Some of the draft sites have Miami at 60 and 70. Regardless, those two picks look like prime ammunition to move around. The combined value is equivalent to roughly the 36th pick. If that type of trade could be made it is absolutely what I would so, as opposed to settling for 60 (or 62) and 70.

Or perhaps trade those two picks and something else for a 2021 first rounder. You might find some team willing to do that.

No matter what the names look like in a long range mock I just don't like the range of those 62 and 70 picks.

Back
Top Bottom