Tankathon Has Us Drafting Tua @3; Who Might Leapfrog Us @2? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tankathon Has Us Drafting Tua @3; Who Might Leapfrog Us @2?

BTW, before we think about Tua at 3 or 4 we better than let the lions pick ahead of us

Staying ahead of the Lions in the order is extremely important. They aren't winning another game this year. I'm frightened to say this around here but we really need to lose on Sunday.

Staying ahead of the Lions in the order is extremely important. They aren't winning another game this year. I'm frightened to say this around here but we really need to lose on Sunday.
Yes we do and the skins just put 3 players on IR including their best guard(Scherff) so they might not win another one. Would be horrible to go thru this season and still draft behind the lions

Even if Tuas medicals are clear I’m not drafting him at 3.

His overall injury history is too big a concern. Prior to the hip injury he was a lock to be a top 3 pick, now after the hip no way. You can’t be a franchise QB if you are hurt on the bench.

At 3 or 4 we should be looking at Andrew Thomas, Jeff Okudah, or Ceedee Lamb imo. Each of those dudes looks like a future all pro and lord knows we need more guys like that on this roster.

His overall injury history is too big a concern. Prior to the hip injury he was a lock to be a top 3 pick, now after the hip no way. You can’t be a franchise QB if you are hurt on the bench.

At 3 or 4 we should be looking at Andrew Thomas, Jeff Okudah, or Ceedee Lamb imo. Each of those dudes looks like a future all pro and lord knows we need more guys like that on this roster.

Amen, brother! No freaking way I spend a top 5 pick on someone who may never fully recover. If he's a full participant at his pro day or the combine then, yeah, I'm all in. However, that's darned near impossible. I'm ok with getting him later in the first with the Houston or Pittsburgh pick but absolutely not with the Miami pick.

I'm a little surprised at Harris coming out, does he not feel like another year could turn him from what a 2nd or 3rd rounder to a 1st rounder ? Perhaps he feels he's going first this year. I would love to see him in Aqua but this is such a stacked RB class that he might be 5th or 6th RB taken. I know RBs have a short shelf life and that probably factors into his declaring but the way he improved late this season would have me thinking, if I were him that if I could show that over a full season next year, I'm going to make a lot of money.
In today's NFL 2,3rd is high for a rb. I see maybe 1, 2 tops in the first. Harris to me goes 2nd which is good these days for a rb

Another scenario we shouldn't discount. Say a team with a player they decide they need to move on from. They've checked the medicals and are happy with what they see. They contact the skins or the lions and package something that gets these teams to trade for that player. Suddenly the dynamic changes and we are no longer controlling our destiny if Tua is our guy. That's another reason why having 2 or at worst 3 is so important.

His overall injury history is no worse than Justin Herbert, or many other QBs in this or any class. High ankle sprains happy literally all the time with pro athletes, the beauty about Tua's situation is it is almost impossible for him to suffer that same injury again because he had surgery on them.

Another scenario we shouldn't discount. Say a team with a player they decide they need to move on from. They've checked the medicals and are happy with what they see. They contact the skins or the lions and package something that gets these teams to trade for that player. Suddenly the dynamic changes and we are no longer controlling our destiny if Tua is our guy. That's another reason why having 2 or at worst 3 is so important.
Geordie...not everything is so dooms day...

There is no chance that not only does another team take Tua in the top 10 but trades up for him as well. We are the only team that could risk using a top 10 on him due to have 5 1st next 2 years and all our cap space and even then I’d say we still reached. His injury concerns will hurt his stock. Maybe around the teens will teams be okay with him as the pick but no way a team with a top 10 pick with multiple holes can risk Tua especially if he has to sit out the year.

His overall injury history is no worse than Justin Herbert, or many other QBs in this or any class. High ankle sprains happy literally all the time with pro athletes, the beauty about Tua's situation is it is almost impossible for him to suffer that same injury again because he had surgery on them.

If you want to be a Tua fanboy that’s fine but to says his injury history is no worse than Justin Herbert is just flat out wrong and also funny.

Also I’m no dr but let me make sure I understand what your saying here. So because he had surgery on both his ankles it’s almost impossible now for him to sprain or break an ankle? LOL

If you want to be a Tua fanboy that’s fine but to says his injury history is no worse than Justin Herbert is just flat out wrong and also funny.

Also I’m no dr but let me make sure I understand what your saying here. So because he had surgery on both his ankles it’s almost impossible now for him to sprain or break an ankle? LOL

Indeed that was the purpose of the surgery. Look it up.

I still don't want either but that bit is true.

Herbert did miss a lot of time to a leg break and a collar bone break.

Indeed that was the purpose of the surgery. Look it up.

I still don't want either but that bit is true.

Herbert did miss a lot of time to a leg break and a collar bone break.
Herbert has played 42 games in 4 years. Not sure id say he missed a lot if time

Herbert has played 42 games in 4 years. Not sure id say he missed a lot if time

Well the injuries didn't cost him a lot of games, just the shot at the NCAA POs twice and a couple of bowl games. Nothing much, lol.

Back
Top Bottom