Tankathon Has Us Drafting Tua @3; Who Might Leapfrog Us @2? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tankathon Has Us Drafting Tua @3; Who Might Leapfrog Us @2?

With his hip injury as well as his two ankle surgeries and knee injury all in the last two seasons, Tua is not worth the third pick in the draft. If one of the teams behind Miami in the draft wants to move up and take Tua, the Dolphins should jump on that trade up.

They could probably get two #1’s and a second round draft pick from any team desperate enough to want to move up for Tua. That would give the Dolphins three first round picks in 2020 and 2021 and a third second round pick in 2020.

If they have three first round picks in 2021, they will then have the draft resources to move up if they have to in an effort to land Lawrence or Fields in that draft.

With his hip injury as well as his two ankle surgeries and knee injury all in the last two seasons, Tua is not worth the third pick in the draft. If one of the teams behind Miami in the draft wants to move up and take Tua, the Dolphins should jump on that trade up.

They could probably get two #1’s and a second round draft pick from any team desperate enough to want to move up for Tua. That would give the Dolphins three first round picks in 2020 and 2021 and a third second round pick in 2020.

If they have three first round picks in 2021, they will then have the draft resources to move up if they have to in an effort to land Lawrence or Fields in that draft.
Sorry dude..your whole statement contradicts itself..

I just dont see how New England could have the draft ammo to move up from say 29th to 2nd
With another cheating scandal involving the Patriots under investigation, the Patriots will very likely not even have a first round pick in the next draft.

Young, Herbert and Humphreys in the first. This is my ultimate 1st round. It looks possible at this point.
That would be a great 1st round group. Do you now see Herbert sliding or do you think somehow we trade up for him? Young is my top choice too, but I'm worried we may draft OT Thomas with our top pick (not the end of the world if we do, but I really like Chase Young).
The only players I'd rather have at 1b are Isaiah Simmons or Terrell Lewis but they have the same problem as Herbert, both may be gone by 1b.

Last edited:
No way Giants do it. The will miss out on Chase. Not going to happen cause say Washington moves up at 4. Dolphins are definitely taking Chase. This a huge gamble for a desperate need

That would be a great 1st round group. Do you now see Herbert sliding or do you think somehow we trade up for him? Young is my top choice too, but I'm worried we may draft OT Thomas with our top pick (not the end of the world if we do, but I really like Chase Young).
The only players I'd rather have at 1b are Isaiah Simmons or Terrell Lewis but they have the same problem as Herbert, both may be gone by 1b.
It's tough right now trying to guess who picks where in the draft. Once week 17 finishes I'll make so more definitive predictions. I have a wild card to avoid trade ups. If Herbert goes before our 1b I have no issue taking hurts.
Young, Hurts, humphreys. Then im going best OT and then dobbins in the 2nd.
This is predicated on getting at G and OT in free agency

The Chargers and, being completely serious, New England are the ones that would make me weary. Both have a vet QB to play the season and let Tua sit and heal. They are both good fits.
NE doesn't have the picks to move all the way to #2. I'm not worry about them

I mean DAMN......

One FRIGGIN game to lose after the season we've just gone through. Christ they owe us to lose. (N.E. pretty likely we lose)...

But insanity and stupidity seems to be the rage of the times, but that would be for me the first legitimate check in the Flores as to, what the hell is he thinking dept, in which I've been giving him the benefit of doubt with everything he's done so far.. But this isn't even football insight it's just friggin common sense...

I was worried about this equation all along. Whats more important finding the right coach or loosing all the games to get Tua / desired player. A crappy coach can ruin a rookie QB plus imo we are stuck with that coach for 3 years before we decide to move on and churn the roster again. Easy answer you want it all great coach and great QB but thats difficult to make happen. I am more of a believer of getting the coach/ GM then QB as QBs can be found in round 1 and not just the overall pick. Tuas injury in the lo g run may help us out. Just to think we should be 5 win team with wins against the skins and jets imo. With our roster thats pretty darn good.

Where are you getting miami traded it’s left tackle because they didn’t want to pay him from?

Tua is going top five...If you want to draft him ,it will take a top five pick...he has already said he will go back to school if not a top five pick,and word around Ttown is..Tua is leaving...so some team reps have talked to him already.
I don't buy that. There is nothing an NFL executive could say or do right now that'll guarantee anything come draft day. Also, Tua is in no position to posture with going back to college. If he declares he'll be scrutinized to oblivion between now and draft day. If he goes back, he risks ending his career before it starts. There are no fail-safe options for him.

Back
Top Bottom