Tankathon Has Us Drafting Tua @3; Who Might Leapfrog Us @2? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tankathon Has Us Drafting Tua @3; Who Might Leapfrog Us @2?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Any GM in the position will look at what Miami has in draft capital and simply say "we got this from Team A, want to beat it?"

I mean if we are three, moving back one spot, still getting the player you want and an extra first beats anything any other team could offer unless they give up several years of 1sts...even then Miami has an extra first next year they could use.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Any GM in the position will look at what Miami has in draft capital and simply say "we got this from Team A, want to beat it?"

I mean if we are three, moving back one spot, still getting the player you want and an extra first beats anything any other team could offer unless they give up several years of 1sts...even then Miami has an extra first next year they could use.

Exactly. If we end up below 2, Miami can outbid literally everyone to move up and get their QB. It would have been nice to naturally get a top pick and keep all those picks for the rebuild, but the number one priority is a franchise QB and we can walk away with one in a few months if Grier isn’t stupid.

Next question: Would NY Giants be willing to pass on Young? That haul would have to be massive for them to do that.
And what do those teams(Lions, Chargers) have to throw in? They would be giving up the farm to move that many spots. Not the Lions, but the Chargers would.
And would they be willing to give up the farm for a QB who has had Tua's injuries?
Man,... the risk and blowback of failure there is massive.
I agree with everything here. If we end up with the #3 pick then Tua is ours if we want him. No way the Giants pass up on Young, and no way other teams give up so much to move up for an injury prone player no matter how good he is. I mean even just having the 3rd pick outright and using it on Tua is a gamble and kind of scary, but to mortgage the future by giving up multiple 1sts+ no way any team is doing that imo.

Giants could also leverage Tua against us by just telling us that they have an offer for him. The jump from 3 to 2 is only about a mid-second pick unless they have a huge offer from someone else. Jax and Oak have (2) first round picks but the Giants would have to drop to 8 or 13 to also pick up 20 or 18.

Giants, Redskins and maybe Miami will be looking hard at OT Thomas at 2-3 IMO. I think he goes #2 overall, Young #3

Giants, Redskins and maybe Miami will be looking hard at OT Thomas at 2-3 IMO. I think he goes #2 overall, Young #3
So,by your reasoning..Miami traded away,probably a better OT for (2) low first rd picks...just to turn around and use a top 3 pick for a OT...Is that what you're saying?

So,by your reasoning..Miami traded away,probably a better OT for (2) low first rd picks...just to turn around and use a top 3 pick for a OT...Is that what you're saying?
No certainty that Tunsil is better. They have their careers to work that out. But he wasn't worth two first round picks if that's what you are asking. That was a great trade for us. If Thomas is a Pro bowl level guy then he alone would be an improvement over Tunsil and he's younger. I think it's reasonable to expect Thomas to be as good or better than Tunsil.

I've recently read speculation on twitter Miami may look at another position if they select within the top 5? And select a QB with one of their other 1st round picks.

Exactly. If we end up below 2, Miami can outbid literally everyone to move up and get their QB. It would have been nice to naturally get a top pick and keep all those picks for the rebuild, but the number one priority is a franchise QB and we can walk away with one in a few months if Grier isn’t stupid.

Agree, but I HATE bidding wars

Wasn't really asking anything...I'm sure we're not using a top 3 pick on a OT.

Glad your sure but Burrows and Young gone it wouldn't be a big surprise to see us or another team jump all over Andrew Thomas. Damn Wash. might even take him at 2 if they were there.

Glad your sure but Burrows and Young gone it wouldn't be a big surprise to see us or another team jump all over Andrew Thomas. Damn Wash. might even take him at 2 if they were there.
Other teams might...but..why trade Tunsil..Just so Miami uses a 3rd overall pick on another OT....not smart...but hey..it's the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom