Tankathon Has Us Drafting Tua @3; Who Might Leapfrog Us @2? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tankathon Has Us Drafting Tua @3; Who Might Leapfrog Us @2?

I don't buy that. There is nothing an NFL executive could say or do right now that'll guarantee anything come draft day. Also, Tua is in no position to posture with going back to college. If he declares he'll be scrutinized to oblivion between now and draft day. If he goes back, he risks ending his career before it starts. There are no fail-safe options for him.
Don't care what you buy..This is from a relative of Devonta Smith....Him,Tua,Ruggs,Dylan Moses and a couple of others are talking about staying for their senior year to make up for this crap year.
If Tua doesnt get a top five grade..he's PLAYING for bama next year...To me that says,him and his family are cool with the medical reports so far.

Don't care what you buy..This is from a relative of Devonta Smith....Him,Tua,Ruggs,Dylan Moses and a couple of others are talking about staying for their senior year to make up for this crap year.
If Tua doesnt get a top five grade..he's PLAYING for bama next year...To me that says,him and his family are cool with the medical reports so far.

just our luck lol

T.Lewis,Judy,Diggs and Najee are the only ones to declare so far.

I've recently read speculation on twitter Miami may look at another position if they select within the top 5? And select a QB with one of their other 1st round picks.

I'm sure we will start seeing a ton of these kinds of rumours, draft season is starting now and the lies and misdirection will start. The honest answer is no one knows yet which way they will go, and a lot can happen between now and the draft, like Tunsil's video emerging on draft day that allowed us to pick what a lot of folks said was the best player in that draft at 13. It's hard to ignore, but we all really have to for our own sanity. I do think though barring us somehow getting to #1, the pick will be Tua if he checks out medically, that might not please a lot of folks on here. I think it only really becomes a question if those medicals look bad or someone jumps us, then we could go a lot of different ways.

Last edited:
I thought you might say something like that. Look, sometimes people hear what they want to hear. I don't mean you at all. I mean Tua's camp. I imagine a conversation with an unnamed GM could go like this:

"I want guarantees my client will go top 5 or he's going back to college".

"I can guarantee we'll pick him top 5 IF we pick top 5 and IF I get the all clear from my medical people"

(to Tua) "He said he guarantees he'll pick you top 5!"

Or alternatively, if the conversation had no ifs, I would ask Tua's camp, Do you trust that guy to keep his word? Because I wouldn't.

I thought you might say something like that. Look, sometimes people hear what they want to hear. I don't mean you at all. I mean Tua's camp. I imagine a conversation with an unnamed GM could go like this:

"I want guarantees my client will go top 5 or he's going back to college".

"I can guarantee we'll pick him top 5 IF we pick top 5 and IF I get the all clear from my medical people"

(to Tua) "He said he guarantees he'll pick you top 5!"

Or alternatively, if the conversation had no ifs, I would ask Tua's camp, Do you trust that guy to keep his word? Because I wouldn't.
Dude..It's about the medicals..if their clear...he's a top three talent this year or next....(they're not making a move this big based on hearsay)

T.Lewis,Judy,Diggs and Najee are the only ones to declare so far.

I'm a little surprised at Harris coming out, does he not feel like another year could turn him from what a 2nd or 3rd rounder to a 1st rounder ? Perhaps he feels he's going first this year. I would love to see him in Aqua but this is such a stacked RB class that he might be 5th or 6th RB taken. I know RBs have a short shelf life and that probably factors into his declaring but the way he improved late this season would have me thinking, if I were him that if I could show that over a full season next year, I'm going to make a lot of money.

I'm a little surprised at Harris coming out, does he not feel like another year could turn him from what a 2nd or 3rd rounder to a 1st rounder ? Perhaps he feels he's going first this year. I would love to see him in Aqua but this is such a stacked RB class that he might be 5th or 6th RB taken. I know RBs have a short shelf life and that probably factors into his declaring but the way he improved late this season would have me thinking, if I were him that if I could show that over a full season next year, I'm going to make a lot of money.
There is a guy named Trey Sanders (RB) at Bama now...He is better than Najee....backfield would be to crowded...Najee would lose carries.
Trey is closer to Derrick Henry than Najee....

If we lost to Cincinnati, do we see them throwing the home game against the Browns to ensure they get the #1 pick? The Browns may very well pack it in their remaining two games and with Cincinnati's SOS, there is a realistic oppty here for us to get #1 if we lose this weekend. Lets do this!

I'm pretty sure Cincy will do whatever they can to lose one of their last two games, they are in a position we all thought we would be at the start of this season. Dalton and our former waterboy head coach they have are playing for their jobs however and surely will play to win them both.

If we do end up with #1, even as a big Tua advocate, I think it would be extremely brave for this franchise to pass on Burrow.

not sure about Tua.. but the Steelers are angling to lose the last 2 games.. prob for Hurts or Herbert

They are not getting either of those guys, without a significant trade up, we have their first rounder !

I'm pretty sure Cincy will do whatever they can to lose one of their last two games, they are in a position we all thought we would be at the start of this season. Dalton and our former waterboy head coach they have are playing for their jobs however and surely will play to win them both.

If we do end up with #1, even as a big Tua advocate, I think it would be extremely brave for this franchise to pass on Burrow.
This franchise needs to do something brave....Passed on Brees's medicals.....How did he look last night setting the all time TD record...(shorter,accurate QB with medical worries) history can be a bitch if you don't learn from it.

No way Giants do it. The will miss out on Chase. Not going to happen cause say Washington moves up at 4. Dolphins are definitely taking Chase. This a huge gamble for a desperate need

I heard that the Giants GM is very much against trading down as a philosophy so it would be out of character for them to not take their BPA at that spot.

This franchise needs to do something brave....Passed on Brees's medicals.....How did he look last night setting the all time TD record...(shorter,accurate QB with medical worries) history can be a bitch if you don't learn from it.

I totally agree man, we need to swing for the fences with this pick. That's why for me our first has to be one of Tua or Burrow, I love Tua and if I were picking and the medicals checked out, there is no doubt in my mind which way I would go. But I seriously doubt Grier has the balls to pass on Burrow in that scenario, but I do feel Burrow will be a star in the league too so I wouldn't be gutted at all.

Back
Top Bottom