Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career.

Tannehill gets a lot of ****, and he often deserves it, but noone can question his toughness. He gutted out that game yesterday after getting beat up... I was honestly surprised to see him back in the game. And he made the plays he needed to to win.

He's still not a franchise QB, and I plan for life after Tannehill, but he is making a case to at least stick around until his heir is developed.

That play probably saved both Gase and Tannehill in Miami.

Kind of puts in perspective how dumb the "Tannehill and Brock are equal" posts we saw after the Bears game. Thill needs to keep it up. Three tough defenses to close out the season. If he can continue his play, we wont be in the QB market any time soon. We will see.
Given his injury history, we would have to be the dumbest team in the league to not be in the qb market.

Given his injury history, we would have to be the dumbest team in the league to not be in the qb market.

If he continues at his current pace, we aren't picking a QB in round one. Big if I must say. We might bring in a developmental type.

Tannehill gets a lot of ****, and he often deserves it, but noone can question his toughness. He gutted out that game yesterday after getting beat up... I was honestly surprised to see him back in the game. And he made the plays he needed to to win.

He's still not a franchise QB, and I plan for life after Tannehill, but he is making a case to at least stick around until his heir is developed.

That play probably saved both Gase and Tannehill in Miami.

Everybody has a different definition of what a franchise or an elite qb looks like. I can tell you when he retires there won't be Hall of Fame consideration. But his numbers over his last 16 games and the 12-4 record suggest if he can do that in Miami he could lead a number of NFL franchises. Could you imagine him in Jacksonville with Fournette and that defense?

This past offseason Kirk Cousins and Case Keenum were viewed as franchise qbs on the market. I think Tannehill is at least their equal.

Last edited:
Ryan Tannehill is a franchise QB and Jeff Ireland was a good GM.

We have a stupid fan base who didn't see the intellect or ability of either man, it's too late for the later who is THRIVING in NO, but hopefully you idiots don't run a franchise QB out of town as well (despite your best efforts).

I will say this, regardless of what the long term plans are at quarterback, protection and OL must be addressed either way.

The fact is that it is completely unacceptable to let your quarterback get crushed up the A-Gap as much as we are letting Tannehill and Brock get obliterated there this season. It's important if we keep Tannehill to be able to protect him, as his body is getting hammered and he's not just bouncing right back up from everything anymore.

If we draft a quarterback, it's DOUBLY important to put whoever that young man is in a position to be successful and help him as much as possible. You know, the exact opposite of what we did with Ryan Tannehill.

Ryan Tannehill is a franchise QB and Jeff Ireland was a good GM.

We have a stupid fan base who didn't see the intellect or ability of either man, it's too late for the later who is THRIVING in NO, but hopefully you idiots don't run a franchise QB out of town as well (despite your best efforts).

You’re so confident today lol. You really think our FANBASE is what has led us in to mediocrity for nearly 20 years? The fans? Obviously someone with the name TANNTHEMAN17 has a deep connection to RT but maybe see how the season plays out before declaring the fan base idiots

Pace shouldn't matter. You can't keep crossing your fingers every year, he's no spring chicken anymore.

I mean Im not holding my breathe but come on. If he continues, doing what he has been doing over his past 16 or so starts you have to keep him. And if we keep him, we arent investing a first rounder in addition to his salary cap.

You’re so confident today lol. You really think our FANBASE is what has led us in to mediocrity for nearly 20 years? The fans? Obviously someone with the name TANNTHEMAN17 has a deep connection to RT but maybe see how the season plays out before declaring the fan base idiots

Naw, just funny how ignorant y'all are lmao.

No need to draft a QB on day one this draft. Get Sitton back, Wilson and Grant, Tanny should be fine.

As always, draft a QB in later rounds for potential

This thinking has kept us perpetually average. Each year, we bank on getting key players back from injury without insuring the same problems don't repeat themselves.

This OL has been a problem for over a decade. Just getting people back won't make us better.

We waited for Pouncey to get back. We waited for Albert to get back. We waited for James to get back. We have ALWAYS relied on subpar Gs. Then when we bring in Sitton, we still don't address the long term problem.

What we need is high draft resources spent on the OL. We have suffered crucial and frequent injuries on the OL. Yet, we do NOTHING about our depth. We plug in subpar starters and when they go down, the guys they beat out step up. Which, if you're following, are below subpar.

Yes, Sitton returning will be a tremendous boost. But what we really need to do is double down. Sitton returns AND draft two quality Gs in Rounds 1 - 3.

For one season, we need to not have the ENTIRE success of this team dependent on Gs and the health of interior OL.

This is the epic failure of this Front Office. Not guarding against injury in the most injury-risk positions on the team is an absolute failure.

This year's true possibilities died when Sitton went down. And that was predictable and known by the HC and FO from day one. Not protecting the QB and the success of this team after a decade of the same problem year after year should result in the firing of people in most organizations. Not here.

I liked the Breaking Bad gif better haha

Lol, I can't figure that technical s*** out. If there's 1 thing in life I really know well it's sports, it's not just a coincidence I was calling for a huge Philly regression all off-season (said no playoffs) when many in the media still saw them as an elite team, I get this s*** for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom