Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career.

Maybe, maybe not. But dump off passes at, behind, or just past the line of scrimmage are normal, routine, everyday occurrences.

Being up 17-0 against the Bengals, losing your LT, having a turnstile come in as a backup, injuring the capsule in your shoulder, throwing two picks and losing the game is a freakish outcome.

They are normal and I would never try to go back and rewrite his stats based on them, but I do seem to recall us having far more of those than usual this year. All Im saying is let's just let his stats be what they are and speak for themselves

In today’s NFL you have 2,3 or 4 elite teams and 3 or 4 basement dwellers - and everybody else is average.

We are average. We are 7 and 6. That means we will likely finish 9-7 out of the playoffs and out of contention for elite player in the draft.

The NFL is all about winning the Super Bowl. So that’s what I want - 9-7 does nothing for me!!!! So we suck!!!

A higher pick in the draft can certainly mean a better shot at an elite player, but it is absolutely no guarantee.

Many, many busts in high picks. Many, many average players in high picks. Many, many good players in high picks.

It's all over the place.

Elite talent is selected all over the draft.

Having a higher pick year after year after year may beckon to you as the salvation if you are constantly 7-9, 8-8, 9-7, but it probably isn't.

They are normal and I would never try to go back and rewrite his stats based on them, but I do seem to recall us having far more of those than usual this year. All Im saying is let's just let his stats be what they are and speak for themselves
I know, but the ending of that game and the outcome just killed me.

I think we need to be careful. Tannehill has gone from a guy where the majority thought we should move on from after the season (I've been skeptical because of what's available to replace him) to making a case to keep the job. The team can't be willy nilly about this in any direction. Basically don't stand pat with Ryan and no developmental guy and don't just blindly replace him with a veteran free agent. I think we can all see and agree now that the idea that some had on the forum of just rolling with Brock Osweiler next year is ludicrous. While the 2 games before Brock came in didn't make the case I think we can all see that even at whatever percentage Ryan is playing at he's wayyyyyyy better than Osweiler. Whatever your stance Ryan is 30, in his 7th season and injuries are creeping up. The next guy, even if he sits, should be on the radar. Not just anybody though, identify a guy that you have a conviction on and make it happen, History shows us you don't have to suck and get a high pick to do this although the site will be OBSESSED with this anyway. I really have a hard time believing any of the veteran free agent names folks have been throwing around come in here and beat out Ryan Tannehill and nobody can convince me to be worried about the cap after I read CK's (who's a finance guy for his real job) thread on Twitter about how easy it is to overcome the salary cap.

Comeback victories and game winning drives in back to back weeks for Ryan. He now has (3) this season in 8 games played.

Early in his career those moments were not very frequent. In his first 64 games he only had (9) 4th quarter comebacks and (7) game winning drives resulting in 10 last minute victories. (1 out of 6 or 7 average)

In his last 21 games he has almost as many as the 1st 4 years. (6) 4th quarter comebacks and (6) game winning drives resulting in 7 last minute victories. (1 out of 3 average)

Going to have to start calling him Mr Clutch.

My confidence has never been higher in Tannehill's ability to bring us from behind to win.

The O-Line is a different matter.

If he gets reasonable protection I believe he is able to get us the 3 points or 7 points we need to win if we're trailing at the end of the game.

What are you guys referring to? Pressure in the Pocket? go back and look at those sacks, we should be proud that he didn't fumble, don't mistake bad line play for being inept at QB., You guys wants to replace Tannehill but you want to win at the same time.....with a rookie, give me a break!!!! there isn't one Qb I would take over Ryan right now, so give the guy some respect and get behind him and support the dolphins no matter how far they may go.

There is absolutely no reason that they cannot keep Tannehill in 2019 AND draft a QB in the first three rounds. None. Want to have a conversation about cutting Tannehill and signing Bridgewater, and doing the exact same thing? I'm listening. That's about the only other option I'll agree makes any sort of sense whatsoever., and it wouldn't save a tremendous amount of money.

What are you guys referring to? Pressure in the Pocket? go back and look at those sacks, we should be proud that he didn't fumble, don't mistake bad line play for being inept at QB., You guys wants to replace Tannehill but you want to win at the same time.....with a rookie, give me a break!!!! there isn't one Qb I would take over Ryan right now, so give the guy some respect and get behind him and support the dolphins no matter how far they may go.

There is absolutely no reason that they cannot keep Tannehill in 2019 AND draft a QB in the first three rounds. None. Want to have a conversation about cutting Tannehill and signing Bridgewater, and doing the exact same thing? I'm listening. That's about the only other option I'll agree makes any sort of sense whatsoever., and it wouldn't save a tremendous amount of money.

No way I'm going downwards to Bridgewater from Tannehill. Bridewater as a backup is fine. Regardless, I agree, an early round QB should be picked this year.

Back
Top Bottom