Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career.

There is absolutely no reason that they cannot keep Tannehill in 2019 AND draft a QB in the first three rounds. None. Want to have a conversation about cutting Tannehill and signing Bridgewater, and doing the exact same thing? I'm listening. That's about the only other option I'll agree makes any sort of sense whatsoever., and it wouldn't save a tremendous amount of money.

Meh if Tannehill holds his own these last 3 weeks I think Teddy is off the table. Agreed they should be thinking QB in rounds 2-4

Tannehill has got to be one of the most perplexing QBs ever to watch bc his talent when he's on is so palpable. If Tanny can keep this going over the next 3 weeks and get us into the playoffs, I might be able to buy back in again.

Everybody has a different definition of what a franchise or an elite qb looks like. I can tell you when he retires there won't be Hall of Fame consideration. But his numbers over his last 16 games and the 12-4 record suggest if he can do that in Miami he could lead a number of NFL franchises. Could you imagine him in Jacksonville with Fournette and that defense?

This past offseason Kirk Cousins and Case Keenum were viewed as franchise qbs on the market. I think Tannehill is at least their equal.

I agree with your assessment, but he’s the kind of QB you need to have all pro talent all over the field to be a real contender with.

He is Alex Smith... and we need to try to get our Pat Mahomes.

I agree with your assessment, but he’s the kind of QB you need to have all pro talent all over the field to be a real contender with.

He is Alex Smith... and we need to try to get our Pat Mahomes.

Well, he's 12-4 in his last 16 starts. How many Pro Bowlers has he had on offense? Tunsil might be the only one playing at that level this year.

Well, he's 12-4 in his last 16 starts. How many Pro Bowlers has he had on offense? Tunsil might be the only one playing at that level this year.

I think Ajayi, Landry and Albert were Pro Bowlers from the 8 games that were in 2016. Maybe Pouncey too.

Great read for the most part here.

To add in here, I do think it's time to start looking for someone to seriously develop, but like someone mentioned, only if you're convinced you've found something special. Don't just draft someone for the sake of it.

Until then, RT is our guy. With the way he's been playing since 2106, I think more would be convinced that he's at least franchise QB material if he didn't suddenly have health concerns. But probably still shy of being elite due to pocket presence issues.

I will retort one point. Someone mentioned that passer rating being a ridiculous stat. I think instead, it shows how much the game has changed since the 90's. Several rule changes benefit recievers much more than Marino's era.

This is crazy. We know Ryan is 13-8 in those last 21 games. But 7 of those 13 wins involved a game winning drive or 4th quarter comeback. More than half.

In those 7 games Ryan is 128 for 188 (68%) for 1626 yards, 8.64 YPA, 17 TD's, 4 Interceptions and a 116 passer rating.

Keep him at a lower number next year if possible. 1,000% draft a QB to compete also.

I have been supporting him since day 1, still think unless injuries get worse, with the right HC, and hopefully a better O-line, there is still some good to very good football to come from him, but I agree 100% with this, have to absolutely draft a QB next year to compete, not backup.

I know that the plan might be to wait till 2020, but that type of planning hardly ever works...if you have to draft a QB next year, and 2020 if you have too.

Ryan is and always will be a very good back-up QB.

Why? The truth is the truth. I'm sorry, I don't live in a milk toast society where we are not allowed to hurt someone else's feelings.

The problem with what you're saying is that it's either disingenuous or delusional. I think you know better so you're being disingenuous and therefore trolling for reactions.

This is crazy. We know Ryan is 13-8 in those last 21 games. But 7 of those 13 wins involved a game winning drive or 4th quarter comeback. More than half.

In those 7 games Ryan is 128 for 188 (68%) for 1626 yards, 8.64 YPA, 17 TD's, 4 Interceptions and a 116 passer rating.

To think that some would have you believe Tannehill would have to settle for a back up role somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom