Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career.

This thinking has kept us perpetually average. Each year, we bank on getting key players back from injury without insuring the same problems don't repeat themselves.

This OL has been a problem for over a decade. Just getting people back won't make us better.

We waited for Pouncey to get back. We waited for Albert to get back. We waited for James to get back. We have ALWAYS relied on subpar Gs. Then when we bring in Sitton, we still don't address the long term problem.

What we need is high draft resources spent on the OL. We have suffered crucial and frequent injuries on the OL. Yet, we do NOTHING about our depth. We plug in subpar starters and when they go down, the guys they beat out step up. Which, if you're following, are below subpar.

Yes, Sitton returning will be a tremendous boost. But what we really need to do is double down. Sitton returns AND draft two quality Gs in Rounds 1 - 3.

For one season, we need to not have the ENTIRE success of this team dependent on Gs and the health of interior OL.

This is the epic failure of this Front Office. Not guarding against injury in the most injury-risk positions on the team is an absolute failure.

This year's true possibilities died when Sitton went down. And that was predictable and known by the HC and FO from day one. Not protecting the QB and the success of this team after a decade of the same problem year after year should result in the firing of people in most organizations. Not here.

We’ve spent a lot of high picks on OL they unfortunately have just not mostly been the right picks

Comeback victories and game winning drives in back to back weeks for Ryan. He now has (3) this season in 8 games played.

Early in his career those moments were not very frequent. In his first 64 games he only had (9) 4th quarter comebacks and (7) game winning drives resulting in 10 last minute victories. (1 out of 6 or 7 average)

In his last 21 games he has almost as many as the 1st 4 years. (6) 4th quarter comebacks and (6) game winning drives resulting in 7 last minute victories. (1 out of 3 average)

Going to have to start calling him Mr Clutch.

I would say Tannehill's numbers over the next 4 years will likely be better than at least 3 of the 4 qbs that were drafted in round 1 in 2018. So when it's time for him to step down you can likely pursue at least 2 of the 4 on the 2022 free agent market. But as I said earlier I wouldn't mind seeing him moved to a team in the NFC East where he could take any of those four teams and win the division. Make that three of the four NFC East teams, he not replacing Carson Wentz

Last edited:
I mean Im not holding my breathe but come on. If he continues, doing what he has been doing over his past 16 or so starts you have to keep him. And if we keep him, we arent investing a first rounder in addition to his salary cap.
I don't see how they don't keep him even if he played poorly from here out but salary caps can always be manipulated. Dolphins need to fill a void and that is a backup behind an oft injured starter and I'm not talking about a scrub from some teams practice squad. If there is a chance to move up in draft you can't dismiss it because of a few good games from Tannehill.

I don't see how they don't keep him even if he played poorly from here out but salary caps can always be manipulated. Dolphins need to fill a void and that is a backup behind an oft injured starter and I'm not talking about a scrub from some teams practice squad. If there is a chance to move up in draft you can't dismiss it because of a few good games from Tannehill.

Fair enough. I can see that. Not sure its the route I would go in this draft but maybe if Murray plays football.

Please explain how those last 16 games is suck IYO? Some people never get it. Let’s see what his numbers are without a patchwork oline.

In today’s NFL you have 2,3 or 4 elite teams and 3 or 4 basement dwellers - and everybody else is average.

We are average. We are 7 and 6. That means we will likely finish 9-7 out of the playoffs and out of contention for elite player in the draft.

The NFL is all about winning the Super Bowl. So that’s what I want - 9-7 does nothing for me!!!! So we suck!!!

In today’s NFL you have 2,3 or 4 elite teams and 3 or 4 basement dwellers - and everybody else is average.

We are average. We are 7 and 6. That means we will likely finish 9-7 out of the playoffs and out of contention for elite player in the draft.

The NFL is all about winning the Super Bowl. So that’s what I want - 9-7 does nothing for me!!!! So we suck!!!

Can't get much more elite than Aaron Rodgers and he's won one Super Bowl. Falling to one of the 3 or 4 basement teams and draft a highly touted rookie could still move you only up into the contending for a playoff spot group of teams.

I would say Tannehill's numbers over the next 4 years will likely be better than at least 3 of the 4 qbs that were drafted in round 1 in 2018. So when it's time for him to step down you can likely pursue at least 2 of the 4 on the 2022 free agent market. But as I said earlier I wouldn't mind seeing him moved to a team in the NFC East where he could take any of those four teams and win the division. Make that three of the four NFC East teams, he not replacing Carson Wentz

What’s been so great about wentz this year? He wasn’t very good vs the cowboys yesterday

Year. Not yest.

Best passer rating by far at 104.5 for the year. Best TD/INT ratio as well.

I know there is still a good bit of football to be played. I really want to see how Tanne finishes the year especially since the games still have meaning.

Amazing how much a few weeks can change things. A few weeks ago Tannehill was basically a walking corpse around here. 99% of us had written him off completely myself included.

He is relatively young for a QB and based on his last 16+ games in my opinion he is now trending up. Yes he has had a bad game or two but overall I am liking what I've seen. I realize just how huge these last 3 games are and am excited to see if Tannehill steps up or not

The one thing most people overlook is Tanny has gotten for the most part steadily better as he ages. There have been a ton of young QB's who lit the league on fire for 1 year and then regressed massively after that. Seems to be very common.

This thinking has kept us perpetually average. Each year, we bank on getting key players back from injury without insuring the same problems don't repeat themselves.

This OL has been a problem for over a decade. Just getting people back won't make us better.

We waited for Pouncey to get back. We waited for Albert to get back. We waited for James to get back. We have ALWAYS relied on subpar Gs. Then when we bring in Sitton, we still don't address the long term problem.

What we need is high draft resources spent on the OL. We have suffered crucial and frequent injuries on the OL. Yet, we do NOTHING about our depth. We plug in subpar starters and when they go down, the guys they beat out step up. Which, if you're following, are below subpar.

Yes, Sitton returning will be a tremendous boost. But what we really need to do is double down. Sitton returns AND draft two quality Gs in Rounds 1 - 3.

For one season, we need to not have the ENTIRE success of this team dependent on Gs and the health of interior OL.

This is the epic failure of this Front Office. Not guarding against injury in the most injury-risk positions on the team is an absolute failure.

This year's true possibilities died when Sitton went down. And that was predictable and known by the HC and FO from day one. Not protecting the QB and the success of this team after a decade of the same problem year after year should result in the firing of people in most organizations. Not here.

I disagree that we need more high draft picks on the OL. What Miami needs is to be able to identify good offensive line pieces who do not require 1st round investments.

Jesse Davis has looked like that sort of player at times, but needs to show more consistency. As Davis is a converted DL, I think he's certainly worth continuing to develop, but this team needs to radically change the way it scouts and develops OL first and foremost.

And included in there is the Bengals game we were winning. Tunsil goes out, Tannehill gets hammered repeatedly (and injured), throws two interceptions (including one for a TD).

Can't start playing that game. Or else you need to account for how many of his TDs and yards came on dump off passes behind the line of scrimmage. I would wager he's had more of those than any QB percentage wise.

With a clean pocket Tannehill is a very good QB. Our problem is that teams can stunt and get through the middle of our OL in under 2.5 seconds on every damn third down.

But back to RT. The thing I like about him is he seems to identify a problem area and fix it in the off-season (excluding his injured off-season).

I wish someone would tell him the next thing he needs to fix is looking off the safety. He looks like a presnap read decision maker to me. If that is the case, then start by looking off the defense. Please.

Can't start playing that game. Or else you need to account for how many of his TDs and yards came on dump off passes behind the line of scrimmage. I would wager he's had more of those than any QB percentage wise.
Maybe, maybe not. But dump off passes at, behind, or just past the line of scrimmage are normal, routine, everyday occurrences.

Being up 17-0 against the Bengals, losing your LT, having a turnstile come in as a backup, injuring the capsule in your shoulder, throwing two picks and losing the game is a freakish outcome.

Back
Top Bottom