Tannehill Practice Reps 11/7 | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Practice Reps 11/7

I figured a man of your football IQ would have more respect for truthful statistical analyses. Your comment is completely disingenuous as it's serving only to try to support your stance against Osweiler.

You very well know that our 1st interception resulted in a FG, the 2nd was returned for a touchdown, and the 4th was the last play of the game. Only 1 of the 4 turnovers did not result in points.

Yes, we all know our offense was terrible, and this type of misrepresentation isn't what this forum needs.

What? I don’t need to build a case against Brock osweiler. He builds it on the tape for me.

I guess I could have said that better given it was forced 3 turnovers and scored 6 points with the other a game winning points wise pick 6.

If that makes you feel better.

I figured a man of your football IQ would have more respect for truthful statistical analyses. Your comment is completely disingenuous as it's serving only to try to support your stance against Osweiler.

You very well know that our 1st interception resulted in a FG, the 2nd was returned for a touchdown, and the 4th was the last play of the game. Only 1 of the 4 turnovers did not result in points.

Yes, we all know our offense was terrible, and this type of misrepresentation isn't what this forum needs.

Hi there! We’ve never chatted.

Boy, do I appreciate your stance. It is admirable that you would rail against posters using seemingly innocuous and arbitrary things to build a case against a QB that they simply dislike.

Now I’m certain, given the premise of your post, you’ll apply that line of thinking equally to ANY Dolphins QB. And boy, is there work to be done. There are literally thousands of posts here that only exist to support someone’s bias against Tannehill. Please feel free to look in virtually any thread that contains anything about any QB, and you’ll find said bias. Please hold the guilty parties accountable.

See you in 2023!

Last edited:
0ap1000000088419.jpg

I'm not sure why people are expecting a big leap if Tannehill returns. The oline will still be the same and it's pretty evident from his career that he can't function properly with this level of oline play. He will be more timid with that shoulder. He still lacks the ability to evade pressure and get rid of the ball so the persistent sacks will still be there. He still lacks snap decision making. These are the types of problems that can only get improved with playing time, which has been nada. Sure he will give us a couple shots at a big play per game but in the end it's always been worth about 20 points a game. We are still going to struggle if and when he returns.

It’s actually true I did see him doing that, the arm looked fine thing just sounded funny to say to me. He comes to the restaurant that I work at sometimes and I’ve seen him cruising around the bay view area in a white Aston Martin a few times.
here’s to hoping it was just the video because if that’s an indication of his strength his career is likely over. I liked BO the first couple games, I think he has much better pocket awareness and decision making than RT, but man does his deep ball suck way worse than RTs does!

I'm not sure why people are expecting a big leap if Tannehill returns. The oline will still be the same and it's pretty evident from his career that he can't function properly with this level of oline play. He will be more timid with that shoulder. He still lacks the ability to evade pressure and get rid of the ball so the persistent sacks will still be there. He still lacks snap decision making. These are the types of problems that can only get improved with playing time, which has been nada. Sure he will give us a couple shots at a big play per game but in the end it's always been worth about 20 points a game. We are still going to struggle if and when he returns.

Maybe not a huge leap but Brock has made poor throws on 4 or 5 easy scoring or at least big plays. If we make 50% of those it's a difference. Sort of the same kind of leap I expected going from Cutler to Ryan, routine plays would be close to routine again. Nothing is routine with Brock or Cutler, every simple play is an adventure.

Sometimes I think the posters who don't understand why other posters who want Ryan back understand how bad the QB play has been. It's always like we're waiting for some superstar and not just a guy who makes routine football plays routinely. That's really all we need to improve. How much does it move the needle? Not sure but it moves it.

Maybe not a huge leap but Brock has made poor throws on 4 or 5 easy scoring or at least big plays. If we make 50% of those it's a difference. Sort of the same kind of leap I expected going from Cutler to Ryan, routine plays would be close to routine again. Nothing is routine with Brock or Cutler, every simple play is an adventure.

Sometimes I think the posters who don't understand why other posters who want Ryan back understand how bad the QB play has been. It's always like we're waiting for some superstar and not just a guy who makes routine football plays routinely. That's really all we need to improve. How much does it move the needle? Not sure but it moves it.

It most definitely moves it.

:good:

I get why others want Ryan back, I do too, he's the better qb. I didn't imply otherwise. I just don't see a big leap on the forecast because of the reasons I mentioned. Routine plays are a given, I agree, but as Tannehill has shown from his career, routine plays can be adventure with him too with bad oline play. He's going to give you a lot of negatives with no pocket. He has a knack for fumbles (four this year) in distress, also throwing a pick every game. I just don't think the positives will overcome the negatives for him in 2018.

His arm has to be weakened without doing full motion practices for this long. Wonder how long it will take to build that strength back after it stops hurting enough to throw with velocity. His deep ball might resemble BO's for the first few starts if he makes it back.

I get why others want Ryan back, I do too, he's the better qb. I didn't imply otherwise. I just don't see a big leap on the forecast because of the reasons I mentioned. Routine plays are a given, I agree, but as Tannehill has shown from his career, routine plays can be adventure with him too with bad oline play. He's going to give you a lot of negatives with no pocket. He has a knack for fumbles (four this year) in distress, also throwing a pick every game. I just don't think the positives will overcome the negatives for him in 2018.

I think that's kinda the point. The QB position doesn't need a BIG leap. It needs to hit a few very basic NFL-level passes that BO simply isn't making. Now, the question of when Tannehill will be able to make those passes is a very legit one.

I think that's kinda the point. The QB position doesn't need a BIG leap. It needs to hit a few very basic NFL-level passes that BO simply isn't making. Now, the question of when Tannehill will be able to make those passes is a very legit one.
You believe this offense doesn't need a big leap from the qb to be a contender this year? Or are you just satisfied with an 8-8 season? Tannehill has played 5 games since 2016 and hasn't had many plus grades in those. This team is even more depleted than it was, and the team problems that have held him back this year aren't getting any better. This offense isn't getting fixed with a few basic passes. To be a contender this season it needs a BIG leap from the qb.

Put this is the other thread - but Doc thinks Dec at best if at all.

I think once we are mathematically eliminated he is shut down, whats the point after that?

the point is to bring him back with 26 million in his pocket and go 8-8 again. i think for Ds FO 8-8 is like winning the Super Bowl

hes obviously compensating for the pain/injury and taking it easy. My problem is that he should be in a sling and his arm strapped to his side. He needs to completely immobilize it.

You believe this offense doesn't need a big leap from the qb to be a contender this year? Or are you just satisfied with an 8-8 season? Tannehill has played 5 games since 2016 and hasn't had many plus grades in those. This team is even more depleted than it was, and the team problems that have held him back this year aren't getting any better. This offense isn't getting fixed with a few basic passes. To be a contender this season it needs a BIG leap from the qb.

This is most likely an 8-8 team as it is right now. They still play the Bills twice, the Jags at home, etc. Do I think a healthy Tannehill gives them another win or two because of his ability to make throws that BO isn't? Yes, I do. That doesn't make them SB contenders, but anyone who thought that before the season was delusional anyway.

Back
Top Bottom