Tannehill Practice Reps 11/7 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Practice Reps 11/7

I love Tannehill. I think he's a great guy and I've been a supporter of him for a long time. However, I think this could be a blessing in disguise for Miami. I think the majority of us know by now Tannehill isn't a top 5-10 QB. So, now we get to move on from Tannehill with this injury and draft a QB. For better or for worse..

I am fearful that we go into next season with Brock as our starter though... Would be a horrible feeling.

If Brock is our starter next season, I'll be forced to hand in my fan card. It will be difficult however I'll have to do it for my own sanity.

Technical question, what’s the cutoff for saying Tannehill made the playoffs?

There are so many different permutations. If he played 8 games and the team went 4-4, then he was injured, and the team went 8-0 without him, does he get credited with “making the playoffs”?

Does he simply need to be on the active roster during a season when the team made the playoffs?

I get it, the team was 8-5 when he started in 2016. But they hadn’t clinched a playoff spot.

Anyway, serious question. Not trying to stir things up. Just found it odd that you termed it Tannehill “making the playoffs” after he missed the final 4 1/2 games of the season (including the playoff game),

Of course it's arbitrary when you factor in an injury, but the bottom line is that RT was critical to the teams success in 2016, however you want to slice it. You think Philly fans don't give Carson credit for getting the Eagles in the position they were in last year before he got hurt? Carson lead his team to the playoffs much the same way RT did in 16', sure they weren't there at the end but anyone with brains knows who did the heavy lifting...

Naw. We could sweep the bills with me at QB. Colts are a toss up as are the Jags and Packers. The schedule is overrated

The Colts ain't a toss up even with Tanny, if Brock is starting than I expect the Colts to be favored, the Jags, Packers are definitely losses and Buffalo is a tough place to play this time of year.I think ur vastly overrating this team.

Agreed. He’s done for the year.
I’ve been saying this for weeks now. just the mysteriousness of the injury is why i don’t think he’s coming back. And I truthfully think he was injured against the Jets the first game and not vs Cincinnati which is why he was god awful in New England and obviously in Cincinnati as well. But of course his fans don’t wanna see the writing on the wall and just label everyone a hater lol

The Colts ain't a toss up even with Tanny, if Brock is starting than I expect the Colts to be favored, the Jags, Packers are definitely losses and Buffalo is a tough place to play this time of year.I think ur vastly overrating this team.
We'll see.

I saw him driving down Federal Hwy in Ftl holding his phone up filming himself driving yesterday. Arm looked fine.

matt moore got us into the playoffs in 2016, tanny went o-2 when he had his chance previously

For those wondering why he'd be taking up a roster spot if he was done for the year...a few things to chew on.

- I'm sure Tannehill wants to play this year, and I'm sure Gase wants him to play again this year too. So they aren't going to prematurely pull the plug (IR) if the injury isn't black and white
- Seems like this is a touch and go situation, general soreness, rest & recovery as opposed to surgery, etc...this is a week by week injury
- If they do end up calling him for the season, it won't be until after the bye. By then they'll have had plenty of time at a relatively low cost (free week with a bye) to see where the recovery process is headed
- Right now, there is no player we could add to our roster that is more valuable than Tannehill even with only a slight chance he plays again this season

I don't know, my gut tells me he ends up on IR this season. Whether they throw him back out there and he reinjures, or the recovery just doesn't make process...I think he ends the year on IR.

For those saying put a fork in him...while I may not like the verbiage, that isn't a farfetched conclusion at this point.

with 13 million we can get 3-4 qbs just as good as tanny next year.
two off the draft with half the amount.

Of course it's arbitrary when you factor in an injury, but the bottom line is that RT was critical to the teams success in 2016, however you want to slice it. You think Philly fans don't give Carson credit for getting the Eagles in the position they were in last year before he got hurt? Carson lead his team to the playoffs much the same way RT did in 16', sure they weren't there at the end but anyone with brains knows who did the heavy lifting...

That’s a perfectly fair answer.

I think the 2013 season maybe colors the way I feel about it, knowing what happened after they got to 8-6. But after thinking about it, that’s not really fair to Tannehill. Different season, different circumstances.

I don't think he plays again this year. And maybe not ever for Miami

That would be great. I'm tired of waiting......take the bandaid off the wound and draft the next guy.

Back
Top Bottom