Tannehill Starting Sunday Against The Colts | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Starting Sunday Against The Colts

How many 3 plus int games for Ryan thru 80 plus?

I can tell ya there’s never been a 4 burger.

I’d probably say 6 games of 3 ints 8 max. What that should tell you is the qb rarely takes you out of games with his play.

How many 4 td games for Ryan thru 80 plus?

I can tell you there's never been a 5 burger.

I'd probably say 3 games of 4 tds 5 max. What that should tell you is the QB rarely keeps you in games with his play.

FWIW

Six 3-INT games
No 4-INT games

Nine 3-TD games
Two 4-TD games
No 5-TD games

Armando’s latest

In that regard, Ryan Tannehill needs to play for Ryan Tannehill now.

Because his Dolphins future is at stake.

These final six games are going to be the final chance Tannehill has to convince Dolphins ownership, the coaching staff and the personnel department that he belongs on the team next season.

And that’s different. It has never been like this for Tannehill before.

Since the moment he was selected in the first round of the 2012 Draft, Tannehill’s status with the Dolphins has been secure. It has been safe.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article222091410.html?__twitter_impression=true

Armando’s latest

In that regard, Ryan Tannehill needs to play for Ryan Tannehill now.

Because his Dolphins future is at stake.

These final six games are going to be the final chance Tannehill has to convince Dolphins ownership, the coaching staff and the personnel department that he belongs on the team next season.

And that’s different. It has never been like this for Tannehill before.

Since the moment he was selected in the first round of the 2012 Draft, Tannehill’s status with the Dolphins has been secure. It has been safe.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article222091410.html?__twitter_impression=true

Sounds reasonable but I don't think it will play out like that. Gase pretty much stated that Tannehill played great the first 3 games. So the bar for greatness with Gase is rather low. Couple TDs, 1-2 INTs (average), approx 200-225 yards per game and an offensive ppg output of 15-20 points.
Based on that low bar all Tannehill has to do is play average maybe slightly above average. And based on those first three games all is forgiven when he puts two stinkers up like against NE and Bengals.

Unless Ryan shits the bed in Osweiler-of-the-last-3-games style his job is pretty secure for next year.

Sounds reasonable but I don't think it will play out like that. Gase pretty much stated that Tannehill played great the first 3 games. So the bar for greatness with Gase is rather low. Couple TDs, 1-2 INTs (average), approx 200-225 yards per game and an offensive ppg output of 15-20 points.
Based on that low bar all Tannehill has to do is play average maybe slightly above average. And based on those first three games all is forgiven when he puts two stinkers up like against NE and Bengals.

Unless Ryan ****s the bed in Osweiler-of-the-last-3-games style his job is pretty secure for next year.

I tend to agree, also depending on what real other options are available as well.

I tend to agree, also depending on what real other options are available as well.
That and of course the dead money. Getting a viable free agent starter cost a lot of money. You can get backups for 3-5 Mill but any possible starter demands much more than that. The 13 Mill in dead money literally prevents us from upgrading the position though a crappy FA and/or trade.
The restructure last offseason is coming back to haunt us big time because even if Tannehill would **** the bed it will be tough to look for any upgrade.
Here is a list of FA QBs next offseason :bobdole:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/quarterback/

A whole lotta backups and 3rd stringers (outside maybe Bridgewater depending on the Saints and Teddy agree on a long term contract).

That and of course the dead money. Getting a viable free agent starter cost a lot of money. You can get backups for 3-5 Mill but any possible starter demands much more than that. The 13 Mill in dead money literally prevents us from upgrading the position though a crappy FA and/or trade.
The restructure last offseason is coming back to haunt us big time because even if Tannehill would **** the bed it will be tough to look for any upgrade.
Here is a list of FA QBs next offseason :bobdole:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/quarterback/

A whole lotta backups and 3rd stringers (outside maybe Bridgewater depending on the Saints and Teddy agree on a long term contract).

Yup, I posted a similar list before, maybe Teddy. That’s the problem. I could see them trying to maybe take a shot at one of the rookies at some point- possibly.

Yup, I posted a similar list before, maybe Teddy. That’s the problem. I could see them trying to maybe take a shot at one of the rookies at some point- possibly.
Teddy will not be available. The Saints gave up a 3rd rounder for a reason. They will come to a long term solution. Yes he technically will become an FA if they do not activate the option years but the option years were put in place to lower his cap impact for this year. The remaining money will be incorporated in a new contract. If they let him go they gave up a 3rd rounder for a backup and they have to go back and add Teddy's entire salary/signing bonus to 2018 which could put the Saints in violation (not exactly sure what the Saints cap situation was for 2018).

Not sure what you mean by rookies. 2019 draft? I am not watching enough college sports to actually have an opinion on the QB class. I leave that to others but as far as I hear it is not a strong class.
I wish we would have grabbed Mason last year. Might be a project but we had a chance before the Steelers grabbed him in the 3rd round.

Teddy will not be available. The Saints gave up a 3rd rounder for a reason. They will come to a long term solution. Yes he technically will become an FA if they do not activate the option years but the option years were put in place to lower his cap impact for this year. The remaining money will be incorporated in a new contract. If they let him go they gave up a 3rd rounder for a backup and they have to go back and add Teddy's entire salary/signing bonus to 2018 which could put the Saints in violation (not exactly sure what the Saints cap situation was for 2018).

Not sure what you mean by rookies. 2019 draft? I am not watching enough college sports to actually have an opinion on the QB class. I leave that to others but as far as I hear it is not a strong class.
I wish we would have grabbed Mason last year. Might be a project but we had a chance before the Steelers grabbed him in the 3rd round.

Yes, I mean taking a chance at one of the 2019 QB class. I could see Ross possibly putting pressure on the FO to at least take a shot at one of them, even if its as perceived competition or backup role for a while.

Unless Falk is that perceived player.

Yes, I mean taking a chance at one of the 2019 QB class. I could see Ross possibly putting pressure on the FO to at least take a shot at one of them, even if its as perceived competition or backup role for a while.

Unless Falk is that perceived player.
Like I said I am have no knowledge of the QB class in 2019 or its strength. :lol:

None of us really knows what Gase thinks of Tannehill. He’s not going to talk **** about him, but he’s definitely going to praise him every chance he gets so as to not look like he gave up on him, he is his starting qb. He was brought aboard to fix this mess and that includes taking on Tannehill and all his faults.

If what last year before the draft was true about Gase wanting Mayfield or Rosen, then he obviously wants and is looking for an upgrade. When that didn’t happen he put all his eggs in 1 basket with Tannehill this year, this is obvious with what he stuck with as his backups. I for one think he’s looking for an upgrade, he’s not going to throw his starting qb under the bus in the middle of the season.

After watching Goff and Mahomes on Monday I have NO interest in watching the Dolphins with any of these current QBs on our roster. Our organization has always been behind the curve at the QB position but where we sit today our QB situation has never been worse. The league has passed us by at light speed.

Henne, Feeley, Culpepper none of them have come anywhere close to hurting this franchise as much as Tannehill has. Holding the team hostage for 7 years is inexcusable in my eyes and I will be rooting for us to lose every game for the rest of the season, call me a bad fan but I'm just over watching Tannehill as long as he is our starter I refuse to root for him to succeed. The guy is a cancer.

After watching Goff and Mahomes on Monday I have NO interest in watching the Dolphins with any of these current QBs on our roster. Our organization has always been behind the curve at the QB position but where we sit today our QB situation has never been worse. The league has passed us by at light speed.

Henne, Feeley, Culpepper none of them have come anywhere close to hurting this franchise as much as Tannehill has. Holding the team hostage for 7 years is inexcusable in my eyes and I will be rooting for us to lose every game for the rest of the season, call me a bad fan but I'm just over watching Tannehill as long as he is our starter I refuse to root for him to succeed. The guy is a cancer.

My suggestion? Stop posting and stop watching.

If you don't want to watch the team because you don't like the quarterbacks on the roster, then you probably aren't really a fan of the team.

Cheers.

Well, tried this back in September ...

Our Ryan who art in endzone,
Hallowed be thy arm.
Thy first down come,
Thy drive will run.
On the scoreboard as it is in record.

Give us this drive,
Our six points.
And forgive us our deniers,
As we slam those who deny Ryan.
And lead us not into scepticism,