Tannehill Supposedly Holding The Ball Too Long | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Supposedly Holding The Ball Too Long

By year 7th nothing has happened regarding this issue, Tannehill has some strenghts and some weakness and holding the ball too long is one of them.
his overall pocket presence is his issue. he looks lost in there. Darnold looked more comfortable in the pocket after 1 game than RT has after 7 years. Not trying to hate on him (I like RT17) but he has his weaknesses for sure.

Brady will hold the ball for a while and he will be sacked for it at times. Tannehill may just have found a strong faith in his O-line this year to give a second or two longer in the pocket. Plays have to develop. Look at Gore's catch at the end of the game, Ryan had to wait until the D was far downfield. Designed? Who knows.

Do you want an award for paragraph usage? I'm writing a post on an internet forum while in the bathroom, not writing a memo to a client where I need to ensure that I type in a professional manner but I'm happy you find it important to comment on an internet post about paragraph usage....... my lord

I said please, not sure why ur so mad.

As long as you guys keep saying this - although proven wrong several times - I will keep saying that whenever there was some semblance of a pocket, Tannehill showed he can maneuver in it.
and get strip-sacked within it as well.

By year 7th nothing has happened regarding this issue, Tannehill has some strenghts and some weakness and holding the ball too long is one of them.
Suffers from Russell Wilsonitis? 10 sacks in the last 2 games and a near miss safety.

As long as you guys keep saying this - although proven wrong several times - I will keep saying that whenever there was some semblance of a pocket, Tannehill showed he can maneuver in it.

I'm a Tannehill supporter but it's obvious pocket presence is a weakness of his. Who disproved this?

Watch him in the pocket and then watch other QBs. It's his biggest weakness.

Suffers from Russell Wilsonitis? 10 sacks in the last 2 games and a near miss safety.

To be fair, that seattle oline is beyond brutal. It's just funny that those circumstances are exactly what Tannehill dealt with for years. It's not that easy to win when you are running for your life, Wilson doesn't look too great behind that line.

To be fair, that seattle oline is beyond brutal. It's just funny that those circumstances are exactly what Tannehill dealt with for years. It's not that easy to win when you are running for your life, Wilson doesn't look too great behind that line.
That's my point! At least one of them regarding the hypocrisy of explaining away Wilson and others' difficulties while labeling comparable issues for Tannehill, who actually pissed blood a few seasons as "excuses. "

If there are those who don't think he got better in the pocket in 2016...I really don't know what to tell you.

He's not back there yet, but he got better even *during* that Jets game. If you watch that 3rd and 19 play and don't say, "Oh, okay, he navigated the pocket well here while it was collapsing around him," then I'm of the opinion you're actively trying not to.

So he should throw to a blanketed receiver just because?

No, he should just "throw it away" on third down so that they can have a better play than a punt downed at the Jets 8 yard line on 4th down....... LOL

There is so little understanding of the context of the game around here, it is amusing. I guarantee that after a few throw aways in a game the same people would be complaining that he is not trying to extend plays with his legs and not trying to make things happen. Unreal.

Back
Top Bottom