Tannehill To Bengals A Possibility | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill To Bengals A Possibility

Better numbers than a 3rd round qbs first 17 nfl starts.

And gases only goal was to increase Tannehills stats and he failed miserably.

Once again poll all 32 nfl gms and 32/32 would take Brissett over tannehill.

:rolleyes:Wishful thinking.

Better numbers than a 3rd round qbs first 17 nfl starts.

And gases only goal was to increase Tannehills stats and he failed miserably.

Once again poll all 32 nfl gms and 32/32 would take Brissett over tannehill.

Third rounders Mike Glennon, Colt McCoy, Russell Wilson and Nick Foles say hi.

I think most can agree that you don't speak for all 32 GMs.

Damn we went from comparing Ryan Tannehill to Rich Gannon and Drew Brees to Jacoby Brissett. Close the book!

Damn we went from comparing Ryan Tannehill to Rich Gannon and Drew Brees to Jacoby Brissett. Close the book!

There are those who would compare him to Ray Lucas, and you dang well know it, just as much as there are those who would compare him to Drew Brees.

There are those who would compare him to Ray Lucas, and you dang well know it, just as much as there are those who would compare him to Drew Brees.

Who though?

These extreme statements often get tossed around as some way to prove a point or to combat an obvious troll. Nobody has ever compared Tannehill to Ray Lucas and the only reason people say things like more Brock, Matt Moore, etc. is because they are tired of the same damn QB behind center without the results. I mean its 2019 now. When you have seen enough of a guy, you just want somebody, anybody else to be there . . . .even if it ends up being a worse player. But watching that worse player doesn’t make people that don’t care for Ryan, want Him back any sooner . . . .and that bothers the hell out of the Tanny diehards.

Most People have seen enough . . . .yet these same Tanny diehards take that as venom and slander and go to outlandish lengths to prove a point that really only matters to them at this junction.

Meanwhile I have seen Tannehill being compared favorably to Marino, Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Luck, Brees, Wilson, etc. by posters that I don’t consider trolls.

I would say I can’t wait until we release him but A. I am not sure that happens and B. Good lord the day he has 320 yards passing and 3 TD and 0 INTs with another team half the damn board is gonna wet themselves with excitement and Told you so’s.

But eventually the inevitable collapse will happen and you likely will have people blaming his new team for his failures.

Ryan Tannehill will be a wives tale that many on here will their grand children about.

“Johnny got the Ryan Tannehill award for finishing 9th out of 15 kids”

The epitome of a medicore QB with all the arm talent you can ask for but never developed the instincts or improvisitional ability required to have success in this era of the NFL.

Even medicore girls have days where they look good or even great, but they also have days where a paper bag may be required.

Its been time to Cut bait and move the **** on already!

Kyler Murray baby!!

I'll be shocked if Murray is not #1 overall to the Cards. That appears to be a done deal, gauging by the rumor of interests of different teams. most of the talk is centered on where Lock and Haskins will end up, which means Murray is already slotted.

Last edited:
ehh I told you so's are nothing more than ammo for people who only hit on something once every blue moon so they feel the need to make sure you know it. there's out right I told you so's and masked ones all thru this thread even.

Who though?

These extreme statements often get tossed around as some way to prove a point or to combat an obvious troll. Nobody has ever compared Tannehill to Ray Lucas and the only reason people say things like more Brock, Matt Moore, etc. is because they are tired of the same damn QB behind center without the results. I mean its 2019 now. When you have seen enough of a guy, you just want somebody, anybody else to be there . . . .even if it ends up being a worse player. But watching that worse player doesn’t make people that don’t care for Ryan, want Him back any sooner . . . .and that bothers the hell out of the Tanny diehards.

Most People have seen enough . . . .yet these same Tanny diehards take that as venom and slander and go to outlandish lengths to prove a point that really only matters to them at this junction.

Meanwhile I have seen Tannehill being compared favorably to Marino, Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Luck, Brees, Wilson, etc. by posters that I don’t consider trolls.

I would say I can’t wait until we release him but A. I am not sure that happens and B. Good lord the day he has 320 yards passing and 3 TD and 0 INTs with another team half the damn board is gonna wet themselves with excitement and Told you so’s.

But eventually the inevitable collapse will happen and you likely will have people blaming his new team for his failures.

Ryan Tannehill will be a wives tale that many on here will their grand children about.

“Johnny got the Ryan Tannehill award for finishing 9th out of 15 kids”

The epitome of a medicore QB with all the arm talent you can ask for but never developed the instincts or improvisitional ability required to have success in this era of the NFL.

Even medicore girls have days where they look good or even great, but they also have days where a paper bag may be required.

Its been time to Cut bait and move the **** on already!

Kyler Murray baby!!

And much of your post is exactly what I'm talking about. The exaggerations you're making are exactly what I'm referring to. There are posters who *I* don't consider trolls who have flat-out stated that Tannehill is the worst thing that has ever happened to the Dolphins franchise. Posters who flat-out villify anyone who disagrees with any negative they can come up with about him, call them blind homers, and accuse them of having romantic feeling for him.

It's just as obnoxious on the other side of that fence. And yes, I've agreed some time ago that it's time to move on (and yes, I'm on board with Kyler Murray as well). But the debate about Tannehill isn't going to end. Was he never going to be that good, or was he completely mishandled? The truth, as usual, is somewhere in the middle. But if we're going to move on? Then *everyone* needs to move the **** on.

I'll be shocked if Murray is not #1 overall to the Cards. That's appears to be a done deal, gauging by the rumor of interests of different teams. most of the talk is centered on where Lock and Haskins will end up, which means Murray is already slotted.

Yea I honestly have no idea . . . .but my guess is that when its all said and done . . . .There could be 4 QBs taken before Miami’s original drafting slot once again.

Which kind of relates back to an original point I made in this thread that QBs are just so expensive and hit the cap so hard that teams are proving less likely to pay for a starter/backup and more likely to take their own guy in the draft. If you don’t have a sure thing you aren’t interested in a lateral move. There no longer is this 8 figure monster contract on these rookie deals for QBs . . . .these guys have 4 to 5 year deals for a value and are lightning rods for their fanbase and usually maintain there original draft value as good as any position.

Unfortunately we can’t keep punting at the position and taking advantage of the dropped defensive talent . . . .the mystery remains.

And much of your post is exactly what I'm talking about. The exaggerations you're making are exactly what I'm referring to. There are posters who *I* don't consider trolls who have flat-out stated that Tannehill is the worst thing that has ever happened to the Dolphins franchise. Posters who flat-out villify anyone who disagrees with any negative they can come up with about him, call them blind homers, and accuse them of having romantic feeling for him.

It's just as obnoxious on the other side of that fence. And yes, I've agreed some time ago that it's time to move on (and yes, I'm on board with Kyler Murray as well). But the debate about Tannehill isn't going to end. Was he never going to be that good, or was he completely mishandled? The truth, as usual, is somewhere in the middle. But if we're going to move on? Then *everyone* needs to move the **** on.

Oh for sure it is never going to end. Whoever we draft will be directly compared to Tannehill and if he has success it will he because we put the right pieces around him that we didn’t do for Tannehill and if he fails it will be the sarcastic “Its Tannhills fault”.

Like I said . . . He’ll be a wives tale forever and ever for Dolfans.

Yea I honestly have no idea . . . .but my guess is that when its all said and done . . . .There could be 4 QBs taken before Miami’s original drafting slot once again.

Which kind of relates back to an original point I made in this thread that QBs are just so expensive and hit the cap so hard that teams are proving less likely to pay for a starter/backup and more likely to take their own guy in the draft.

The key for me is the new 4-year contract, which is our new superbowl window with that quarterback.
If you look at the Broncos not getting a QB, Jacksonville passing on Watson, Mahomes, even the Raiders with Carr who failed on his rookie contract, those teams wasted time not a selecting a QB.
If they do not get a QB high in the draft, they are essentially wasting time, just like they did last year, and the year before, and the year before, ever since Tannehill's four years expired.

Oh for sure it is never going to end. Whoever we draft will be directly compared to Tannehill and if he has success it will he because we put the right pieces around him that we didn’t do for Tannehill and if he fails it will be the sarcastic “Its Tannhills fault”.

Like I said . . . He’ll be a wives tale forever and ever for Dolfans.
I think whoever comes in and plays quarterback is going to do better, because the team is finally going to address the Oline.

I think whoever comes in and plays quarterback is going to do better, because the team is finally going to address the Oline.

they are likely to have better pocket presence. or at least not have all that guard in their lead leg muscle memory to have to break thru mentally. unless miamis signing dallas Thomas lol and bringing back corpse tackles

We just saw Lamar Jackson lead a team dead in the water to a division championship. There is so much more to look at now than ever when it comes to the QB position and the “ability to throw” the football.
While we’re at it, Jackson had more than 200 yards ONCE in 8 games as a starter. It was 204. HE led the team to the division championship? How about the 2nd best defense in the league?

While we’re at it, Jackson had more than 200 yards ONCE in 8 games as a starter. It was 204. HE led the team to the division championship? How about the 2nd best defense in the league?

They were the first ranked defense and were still 4-5 before Jackson started. They finished the year 6-1 and won the division.

Let me guess . . . .Ryan Tannhill leads them to a 6-1 record as well? :lol:

Jackson energized that entire team, he is the QB . . . .u darn right he lead them and was a catalyst in them winning the division. Downplaying that is pretty sad.

Its a shame you watched him play from a stat box. Exciting player.

Back
Top Bottom