Tannehill To Bengals A Possibility | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill To Bengals A Possibility

I too believe RT is done here but I've become indifferent on the whole thing. He has limitations but they aren't nearly as severe as the naysayers like to constantly scream about. One thing is for sure, he can make all the throws and a lot of them that most can't. He has arm talent in droves. What he lacks is an abundance of improvisory wisdom when things break down on an epic level. Granted most QB's don't. Brady, Rodgers....etc all have horrible performances when protection breaks down.

Don't be surprised when he goes to a team with a competent attention being given to OL and play calling and he's putting up 4500yds with 35+ TD's. This franchise has beat this kid to death physically and mentally and I hope for his sake he lands somewhere that he can showcase what he's capable of. He certainly doesn't deserve all the nonsense he's getting even here on this site. Multiple coaching/scheme changes and the worst attention to protection I've ever seen and he still came back fighting for his team. Hope nothing but the best for him.

I agree, although he doesn't have the intangibles that a Brady/Rogers have, he could be better on a better team. He pulled the short straw for sure.

I think he probably goes to Denver or the Giants. Foles will probably head to Jacksonville and team up with Defilippo again

The only ones thinking we can get something decent for TaMEHhill are Dolphins fans on this site that love him. He Is a BOTTOM 5 QB in this league and his contract Is top 10 among QB. Only a stupid manager would give more than a 5th for him. I think getting rid of him Is a must if we really are on the tanking business, but even in Dallas with a very good OL, he would be top 20 at best.
I agree, we really have very little to no leverage in this situation, we could play the game and send out a smokescreen saying we wanna keep him to be the bridge, but that’s only gonna go til we have that mandatory release date we have to consider..

Basically we’re screwed, I think the league will call the bluff of any retention talk..too much bad film.

His interception rate has been fairly low for pretty much his entire career and his fumble rate on sacks is actually not bad at all.

When comparing rate statistics, he's relatively turnover averse.

I mean when comparing rate statistics from 2012-2018 with a minimum pass attempts of 1500 he has a int% of 2.58 which is 9th worst in the NFL. The landscape has changed and maybe 10-20 years ago a 2.58 int% was really good but nowadays it's really not that great. It's hard to judge this era of inflated passing statistics.

If I was a Bengals fan I don't think I'd be too excited about this. Replacing Dalton with Tannehill doesn't seem like much of an upgrade, if at all. If I had to guess, I would put Tannehill's value at this point around a 3rd rounder, maybe? This brings up the question, if you had to chose between the two, who would you rather have as your QB, Dalton or Tannehill?
I think Dalton is better than Tannehill. Not by a lot but better.

Normally on the same page as you Awsi, but I’ll have to disagree on this one. QB is a premium position in this league and is often over-drafted and overpaid.

There is no logical reason Sam Bradford should have fetched a first and Tyrod Taylor a third. Neither have performed at a level that justifies that in a trade. Sam Bradford in particular should never have been traded for a first. Nothing in his performance justified that and he’s never played at a level to think he could eventually get there, but a contender needed competent QB play at the last minute and paid. Teams panic and say what you will about Tannehill, he has had stretches of good play.

We have an asset for once. It’s time for Miami to be the bully. It’s getting old being the organization that gets bullied.
Jacoby Brisket fetched a 2nd. I think it depends a lot on the skills of the FO doing the wheeling and dealing - in which case, we’d get 6-pack of O’Douls for Tannehill.

Sam Bradford was 27 at the time. Ryan Tannehill is 30. Bradford ended the season with 361, 380 and 320 yard games. Tannehill hasn’t had a 300 yard game once in his last 21 starts. Bradford’s contract was also a lot less than Tannehill.
Tannehill’s inability to put up 300 yards or 3 TDs in most games was due to Gase “sacrificing stats for wins”

im excited for tannehill to get a chance to play elsewhere. maybe even a team that has an offensive line. that would be cool.

Back
Top Bottom