Tannehill To Bengals A Possibility | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill To Bengals A Possibility

His last few games really destroyed his value. Otherwise $18 mill year isn’t horrible for mid- range rated QB. Maybe we can throw blame on OL and salvage a Rd3-4

If Tannehill is traded the new team has a clean slate with him. His contract still calls for 37 Mill in salary over two years but none of it is guaranteed. They can renegotiate with him and lower his cap hit significantly.
Dalton has nothing left in guaranteed money. His salary over the next two years is 33 Mill but none of it is guaranteed. If the Bengals cut him they owe him nothing and no dead cap hit. He had a 96 Mill contract with only 17 Mill guaranteed and those 17 Mill are all paid.
If they cut him or trade him they have all the options of signing a new QB.

We would have been in a similar situation like the Bengals but ueber-moron Tannebaum had to redo Tannehill's contract last year.

For us to sign Dalton we probably have to sign him to a long term deal to spread any guaranteed money or heavily backload the contract. We still have to absorb the 13 Mill dead money from Ryan this year and almost 6 Mill next year.

If we would cut or trade Ryan after June 1 our cap hit this year goes down to 7 Mill. I don't think anybody will trade for Ryan.

I see two options for Ryan to leave: designate him as a June 1 cut and let him enter the FA market in March. That way we save some dead cap money. Or hold onto him and see if anybody needs a QB because of injuries or a backup in pre-season. We might get some low round picks.

What we need in FA is a vet QB and then a young QB in the draft. Initially my thoughts were that Ryan might be the starter next year due to his cap hit and we'll get a vet for some serious competition but when we left the stadium everybody was saying "anybody but Ryan". And that was echoed by the most diehard Tannehill fans around us. After 7 years (since the draft) it is time to cut the umbilical court.

The only questions remaining: Cut or trade him? And when to cut or trade him?

Personally, a 6 year veteran with very little accomplishment when it comes to team success, having an ACL injury which made him miss some 20 games, a shoulder injury which benched him another 5 games and the fact that he is getting a tad older I don't think he will draw many offers for trades. If there are offers it might be backup worthy offers. Maybe a third. But more likely in the 4th round range. As a matter of fact his last 3 games with the Dolphins - when he was supposed to make a case for himself - were just horrendous, Osweileresque horrendous and will be the lasting memory as a Dolphins player. We have absolutely no bargaining power when it comes to Ryan. We have to take what will be offered.

Let's take it and close a 7-year chapter titled "searching for the ceiling".

Second day pick, minimum. If no takers, sit on him until training camp and wait for a starter to go down and take that team to the woodshed. That’s how Sam Bradford fetches a first.

Nobody is going to the woodshed for Ryan Tannehill. He is not viewed as someone who can rescue a season for a top team with an injured quarterback. That would be true even if Tannehill were fully healthy, and not the more limited and tentative guy we saw in 2018.

Tannehill would be viewed as a younger and more expensive version of Jay Cutler...when we got Cutler.

All the hype and hope toward Tannehill that permeated this site for so long needs to be flushed.

Second day pick, minimum. If no takers, sit on him until training camp and wait for a starter to go down and take that team to the woodshed. That’s how Sam Bradford fetches a first.
I would do this.....

If I was a Bengals fan I don't think I'd be too excited about this. Replacing Dalton with Tannehill doesn't seem like much of an upgrade, if at all. If I had to guess, I would put Tannehill's value at this point around a 3rd rounder, maybe? This brings up the question, if you had to chose between the two, who would you rather have as your QB, Dalton or Tannehill?

Neither!!! Don’t sign a veteran this year at all, certainly not someone who is going to help you go 7 & 9 again!

my dream trade would be to the Jets with guru coach and the Jets fans.

This is not correct.

How so? Where is the teams leverage, at least before the draft? You gonna hang onto RT until August in the hopes that a starter gets hurt in training camp?

Tannehill has all the leverage he needs to pick his new spot. It’s incorrect to assume that he will in any way cooperate in assisting a trade to happen. Which he has every right to.

While I love the kid, his trade value was destroyed at seasons end. And while I think he's more talented then Nick Foles, NF will likely draw alot more attention and likely end up in Denver.

Had Washington not made the dumb Alex Smith move, maybe they'd consider a gamble. 2 years in a row after losing their 2nd rounder for the entire season last year?

Giants and Jags. Maybe, but Murray and Haskins will end up on 2 rosters. These seem like the 2 more likely.

Nobody is going to the woodshed for Ryan Tannehill. He is not viewed as someone who can rescue a season for a top team with an injured quarterback. That would be true even if Tannehill were fully healthy, and not the more limited and tentative guy we saw in 2018.

Tannehill would be viewed as a younger and more expensive version of Jay Cutler...when we got Cutler.

All the hype and hope toward Tannehill that permeated this site for so long needs to be flushed.

Normally on the same page as you Awsi, but I’ll have to disagree on this one. QB is a premium position in this league and is often over-drafted and overpaid.

There is no logical reason Sam Bradford should have fetched a first and Tyrod Taylor a third. Neither have performed at a level that justifies that in a trade. Sam Bradford in particular should never have been traded for a first. Nothing in his performance justified that and he’s never played at a level to think he could eventually get there, but a contender needed competent QB play at the last minute and paid. Teams panic and say what you will about Tannehill, he has had stretches of good play.

We have an asset for once. It’s time for Miami to be the bully. It’s getting old being the organization that gets bullied.

Normally on the same page as you Awsi, but I’ll have to disagree on this one. QB is a premium position in this league and is often over-drafted and overpaid.

There is no logical reason Sam Bradford should have fetched a first and Tyrod Taylor a third. Neither have performed at a level that justifies that in a trade. Sam Bradford in particular should never have been traded for a first. Nothing in his performance justified that and he’s never played at a level to think he could eventually get there, but a contender needed competent QB play at the last minute and paid. Teams panic and say what you will about Tannehill, he has had stretches of good play.

We have an asset for once. It’s time for Miami to be the bully. It’s getting old being the organization that gets bullied.

Sam Bradford was 27 at the time. Ryan Tannehill is 30. Bradford ended the season with 361, 380 and 320 yard games. Tannehill hasn’t had a 300 yard game once in his last 21 starts. Bradford’s contract was also a lot less than Tannehill.

Tannehill is not highly regarded around the league. No team is giving anything up for him. He will be released and we can close this long boring chapter in Dolphins history.

Says you.

Lol right. He was ranked 27th this preseason by nfl insiders on ESPN survey . Do you think that ranking went up this year lol? He was ranked 34th on the big lead. Pretty much everyone realizes he sucks except a handful of dolphin fans, Adam Gase and joe Schad.

Back
Top Bottom