Tannehill VS Tua Year 1 | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill VS Tua Year 1

3. But here are my big questions. Why didn't he perform better in big games? Why was Aggie so disappointing under Tannehill? Why could RGIII elevate Baylor, Weeden take OSU to the BCS and Tannehill not even get Aggie to play to their potential? In fact, why was Aggie the most disappointing team in the country (initial ranking vs. final ranking)?

Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma Aggie goes into the lockerroom trailing 13-10 and gets the ball to start the half. In the next 10 minutes of football, Tannehill goes 3-10, throws 2 interceptions, and the game goes from 13-10 to 41-10 in those 10 minutes. Game over.

Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma St. Tannehill plays well in the first half and Aggie takes a 20-3 lead into the lockerroom. 3 Tannehill interceptions just kill their chances. Weeden leads a comeback, on the road. Tannehill chokes at home. Tannehill 3 INTs and BTW Weeden goes 47-60, 438 yds 2 TDs.

Texas A&M vs. Texas This is the biggest game in Aggie history. Aggie feels like Texas has forced them to the SEC. When Aggie tries to keep the rivalry going, Texas tells them to pound salt. Texas has a putrid offense that is built for Friday nights. Texas has 16 freshmen that will log minutes. Aggie faithful sense the victory, and they make plans for "the eternal scoreboard". Enter Ryan Tannehill. After Texas does their part by picking up 7 yards in the entire first quarter and Texas A&M goes up 13-0, Tannehill leads Texas to the victory. 20-49, 224 yds 2 TDs, 3 INTs, with one of those INTs going for 6. Literally the only way Texas wins is if Aggie chokes it away and they do.

So to wrap it up - stay away from Tannehill. That collar gets tight when the game is on the line. In the Big XII - he is called "1 Read Ryan". If you take that 1st read away and make him adjust - he throws the pick. With Aggie rated in the top 8 in most preseason polls, in their 3 biggest games, all 3 choked away.

LOL..... going back to college? Where are RGIII and Brandon Weeden now? Tannehill has been in the playoffs the last two years with a trip to the AFC Championship game.

In fact, Tannehill has led his team to the playoffs in 3 of his last 4 seasons (2016, 2019, and 2020).

LOL..... going back to college? Where are RGIII and Brandon Weeden now? Tannehill has been in the playoffs the last two years with a trip to the AFC Championship game.

In fact, Tannehill has led his team to the playoffs in 3 of his last 4 seasons (2016, 2019, and 2020).
My favorite Tannagina choke against the Jets with a shot at the Playoffs…

The Dolphins lost 20-7, but the game wasn't even that close. Tannehill completed 20 of 40 passes for 204 yards, one touchdown and threw three interceptions. This game left a lot of people questioning whether or not Tannehill is capable of becoming a franchise quarterback.

It was the most important game of the season and he completely disappeared. Miami finished the second year of the Tannehill era a disappointing 8-8.

I wrote no such thing. You are confusing posters maybe?

I watched the guy, every game he played. His innate pocket game was below average.

It got a bit better over time, and he also learned to throw it away quicker, mitigating the issue, but still not "good".

Why are you taking this personally? It's a fairly high concensus of those of us who watched RT over the years, including ardent supporters, that it is the truth.

My bad, given your short "with what?" response I assume you were the poster that I responded to.

So, now I can disagree with you too. He was below average then got a bit better...... My opinion is that he is no worse than average. Seems like we a splitting hairs here.

Why would you think I'm taking anything personally? I just react to the obviously disproven, absolute statements of "fact".

I agree that guys like Watson and Wilson are better at moving in the pocket. I think Tannehill has better arm talent than either (although not much more than WIlson). Guys like Mahomes and Rodgers have both. That is why they are considered elite. Overall, I rank Wilson ahead of Tannehill but it is close.

The Dolphins lost 20-7, but the game wasn't even that close. Tannehill completed 20 of 40 passes for 204 yards, one touchdown and threw three interceptions. This game left a lot of people questioning whether or not Tannehill is capable of becoming a franchise quarterback.

It was the most important game of the season and he completely disappeared. Miami finished the second year of the Tannehill era a disappointing 8-8.
LOL......

Why not use the last game of 2019? On the road needing a win against Houston - passer rating of 130.

...and how did the O-Line play that game?

LOL......

Why not use the last game of 2019? On the road needing a win against Houston - passer rating of
...and how did the O-Line play that game?
The O-Line stopped Tannegina
From diving for the 1st Down? Coming up a yard short on 3rd and 20 with the Playoffs on the Line? Dude has no sack, not clutch. Always crumbles in big games…

Tua on the other hand showed Big Nuts against the Cards and Chargers last year! And he plays for my Team, the Fins. Not the Titans. Way more upside then Tannegina

The O-Line stopped Tannegina
From diving for the 1st Down? Coming up a yard short on 3rd and 20 with the Playoffs on the Line? Dude has no sack, not clutch. Always crumbles in big games…

Tua on the other hand showed Big Nuts against the Cards and Chargers last year! And he plays for my Team, the Fins. Not the Titans. Way more upside then Tannegina

You're REALLY 45?

Yup Complete with Club Seats and Field Pass. Tua will outplay TanGina on 1/2/22

I certainly hope so.

Here's the thing; I don't understand the hatred for Tannehill. It's become pretty freaking evident that the Dolphins issues during his tenure here WEREN'T because of him. He was not, and will never be an elite QB who can carry a bad team deep into the playoffs. But he's pretty freaking good if you play to his strengths, rather than try to shoehorn him into a system that doesn't. It's why I love what Miami is doing with Tua; they're putting him in the best position to succeed.

As far as that "big nuts" thing, that sounds an awful lot like the "no clutch gene" thing that people just love to throw around. As far as THAT goes...

...do you know who leads the NFL in game-winning drives over the past two seasons? It's Ryan Tannehill.

Tannehill gave his all for the Phins, never threw anyone under the bus, had bozos directing and mentoring him and sacrificed his health. Given a good team, he has fulfilled the expectations of the team that did everything they could to derail his success.

Now I am big on Tua and will root for even Cleo Lemon under center if playing the Titans, but I believe RT17 merits some respect for his selfless service.

But as such, I guess "when in Rome do as the Romans do"

Tannehill
Tannehill gave his all for the Phins, never threw anyone under the bus, had bozos directing and mentoring him and sacrificed his health. Given a good team, he has fulfilled the expectations of the team that did everything they could to derail his success.

Now I am big on Tua and will root for even Cleo Lemon under center if playing the Titans, but I believe RT17 merits some respect for his selfless service.

View attachment 78417
Tannegina was a wet saucy clam.
Root for the Titans and Tanginas classic CHOKEs

I’ll root for a Champ TUA Fins Up

View attachment 78417

giphy.gif

Tannehill

Tannegina was a wet saucy clam.
Root for the Titans and Tanginas classic CHOKEs

I’ll root for a Champ TUA Fins Up
Dude, if you are going to make up a fake slur to throw at Tannehill, you shouldn't be using 4 different spellings/capitalization, and definitely not two different ways in a 22 word post....... It is distracting. If you are going to troll, tighten things up.

Tannegina, Tangina, TanGina, Tannagina? Which is it?

BTW, Club seats and field pass...... sure....... right after you graduate from HS.

Back
Top Bottom