*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread *** | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread ***

Weren't you the one who brought up "last year's results" as it relates to backup QB readiness to lead a team? I'm merely giving you the results from other teams in 2017 that have stood pat despite have a major injury concern with their starting QB.

LOL. Both Osweiler and Fales were drafted QBs.

Or excuses. Isn't Miami's context that they needed to fill other holes via the draft?

So is the issue that Miami has no contingency plan or that you just don't like it?

As has already been said by another poster. 90% of the teams in the league are dead in the water if their starter goes down. The only teams that aren't have a strong enough team to play well with a lesser QB (e.g. Philly, Minn). Isn't that what Miami is (and should) be doing?

You are correct, their contingency plan stinks and yes “I don’t like it”.

The whole point is, Miami has not invested in a young QB of their own during the 3 years you made a proclaimed “QB guru” your head coach.

If you want to consider Fales and Osweiller (both 5 years in and essentially journeymen) in the same category as drafting a QB . . . .then thats you.

I will take a 10% chance on hitting on a guy over bringing in Osweiller.

And it isn’t always about results, its about gains and experience and evaluation, and you don’t know what you have at the position if you don’t try to develop something there.

Miami certainly should be interested in bringing in more talent at other positions . . . .but the absolute Neglect at the QB position is baffling, especially under the cIrcumstances with our starter.

Osweiler and Fales is better than Moore and Doughty. Maybe not much better but they are
Not trynna be a dick but all 4 of them are not even 2nd stringers. Moore was like...6 yrs ago.

I too feel unquestionabily concerned about the back ups behind Tanne....We're still trynna feel HIM out, 6 yrs in.

All in all, our QB situation = :/

Not trynna be a dick but all 4 of them are not even 2nd stringers. Moore was like...6 yrs ago.

I too feel unquestionabily concerned about the back ups behind Tanne....We're still trynna feel HIM out, 6 yrs in.

All in all, our QB situation = :/
the fans may be confused but the Dolphins are most definitely not

I was hoping for a Benkert or a Lauletta...but I'm pretty sure the Dolphins feel that "Late Round QB" prospect" who they feel can take the reins and be a serviceable QB if Tannehill goes down? The 10% chance guy?

Is David Fales.

Maybe they're right, maybe they're wrong, but I will certainly take the opinion of the Dolphins Front Office about a guy who has played meaningful snaps in the league...over the forecasting of most people on this board about a 4th-6th round 2018 prospect who has not yet thrown an NFL pass. Including mine.

You are correct, their contingency plan stinks and yes “I don’t like it”.

The whole point is, Miami has not invested in a young QB of their own during the 3 years you made a proclaimed “QB guru” your head coach.

If you want to consider Fales and Osweiller (both 5 years in and essentially journeymen) in the same category as drafting a QB . . . .then thats you.

Nick Foles

I will take a 10% chance on hitting on a guy over bringing in Osweiller.

How about a 0.10% chance?

And it isn’t always about results, its about gains and experience and evaluation, and you don’t know what you have at the position if you don’t try to develop something there.

And you could be wasting time and spinning your wheels.

Miami certainly should be interested in bringing in more talent at other positions . . . .but the absolute Neglect at the QB position is baffling, especially under the cIrcumstances with our starter.

It's not neglect. They chose a path for backup QB by bringing in veterans rather than drafting, just like lots of other teams.

I'm not saying that Miami's approach is better or that it will work, just that it is not as unusual as you are trying to say.

It's not neglect. They chose a path for backup QB by bringing in veterans rather than drafting, just like lots of other teams.

I'm not saying that Miami's approach is better or that it will work, just that it is not as unusual as you are trying to say.
I guess maybe the one thing people are thinking about with regard to taking a flyer in the 3rd / 4th round is that ... you might ultimately have RTs successor on the books then. Not straight away, most likely. But there's a chance, if you draft well, and develop well, that he could ultimately take over.

Whereas, with the 2 who are currently on the books, there is zero chance.

Not saying it's right or wrong, just saying I think that might be the thinking on some people's parts.

Whereas, with the 2 who are currently on the books, there is zero chance.

I don't believe this is accurate. More importantly, I don't think Gase feels that - specifically about Fales.

I'll even do you one better; if Stills runs the right route in that Buffalo game, and Fales completes that comeback? I guaran-damn-tee you that there would be a dozen "Fales is the future, trade Tannehill" threads on this board by now.

I don't believe this is accurate. More importantly, I don't think Gase feels that - specifically about Fales.

I'll even do you one better; if Stills runs the right route in that Buffalo game, and Fales completes that comeback? I guaran-damn-tee you that there would be a dozen "Fales is the future, trade Tannehill" threads on this board by now.
You might be right about those threads, but that doesn't mean their sentiment is accurate.

I don't feel Fales is a Franchise QB, personally. Do you honestly feel he is? Gase was so sure about Fales a year ago he brought a tv analyst out of retirement! I don't know much, I do know he's not the future.

This thread could go on forever but it's not going to change anything. Tannehill is our QB for 2018 and we have the back ups that we have. I'm hoping for the best of course but we'll see what happens. EVERYONE should be rooting for Tannehill to do well instead of hoping he fails so that they can say they were right

This thread could go on forever but it's not going to change anything. Tannehill is our QB for 2018 and we have the back ups that we have. I'm hoping for the best of course but we'll see what happens. EVERYONE should be rooting for Tannehill to do well instead of hoping he fails so that they can say they were right
This.

Here's hoping he comes out balling, and all the other personnel moves work out. Imagine what 'heaven would be like if we looked like a playoff team from the start!

You might be right about those threads, but that doesn't mean their sentiment is accurate.

I don't feel Fales is a Franchise QB, personally. Do you honestly feel he is? Gase was so sure about Fales a year ago he brought a tv analyst out of retirement! I don't know much, I do know he's not the future.

Do I feel that he could be a franchise QB? I have no idea. I liked what I saw in the Buffalo game.

I will say that I feel there's a good a chance that he is as there would be for any QB who would have been drafted from rounds 4 on in the 2018 draft. That's my point.

Now let me ask you this: At this time last year, how crazy would you have thought I was if I said Case Keenum and Nick Foles would have been the starting QB in the NFC Chamionship game last season?

Back
Top Bottom