*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread *** | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread ***

I’ve seen the defense dominate for stretches vs Atlanta in the 2nd half. Vs New England at home. Vs the Titans they stifled them. I have yet to see Tannehill dominate a game. I could ask the same question about why Tannehill fans are so critical about everyone ( the defense, the O-line, the coach, the fans, the media) else except Tannehill.

I have not seen anyone respond to this one, BUT...OMG did you not watch the game vs. the Texans???????

"Ryan Tannehill put on a clinic against the Houston Texans on Sunday in what was undoubtedly the best game of his young career. Tannehill completed 18-of-19 passes for 282 yards and four touchdowns, turning in a perfect 158.3 passer rating.

Along the way, Tannehill broke a decade-old NFL record for consecutive completions, previously held by Donovan McNabb in 2004. Going back to his previous game, Tannehill set an NFL record with 25 consecutive completions. "

Even Tom Brady was "wowed" by this feat:

“That's incredible,” Brady said during his press conference. “Twenty-five straight completions, it's hard to do that when there's no defense out there. To throw and catch like that so efficiently, and they're making big plays, too.”

With regards to the Dolphins' offense, Brady hit the nail on the head: they're explosive. In the first half alone, the Dolphins scored four touchdowns of 50-plus yards, which no team has ever done before.

To jog your memory, you can read the rest of the article here: https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story...lphins-tom-brady-ryan-tannehill-record-102715

Their recent records outside of 1 season suggest it's misguided at best.

I mean come on, the amount of **** that blew up in their face is head scratching. Not to be a know it owl, but I( as others on this board) seen the cracks on this rosters for the most part while Gase and staff try to convience us with the ever re-assuring...

"We get paid to do this, you guys dont know squat" tick. Lol. I actually love that mentality...if your actually right in your decisions, mind you.
I was talking about how the team feels about RT, the fans may not be sure about him but it's clear the Dolphins are "all in"

We had Josh Rosen falling and falling . Our F.O. got ****y and now we have to see what tannehill can do. For the next few years. If he gets hurt we stink until what ? we can secure a top pick in god knows what draft will have as many quality QB's. You keep draftiing till you strike gold. Trusting a so so QB just because he was a top ten pick . C'mon. Tannehill Is our future ? He 30 years old and coming of acl surgery .Never took us to the playoff's. He has had a coaching carousel his entire tenure here. Then we bring in brock ? The guy who a team paid another team to rid themselves from. The biggest statue QB i ever seen. We have f-ing fales another 2 time loser . I want a true franchise QB and ever since Marino now going on 2 decades without one. We have a great team now to win now and no QB.

We have a GREAT team now?! With NO QB? Which position group is great?! Which unit is being held BACK by our QB? How many elite players are on this team, or maybe, how many players are going to give us elite production this year?

I have not seen anyone respond to this one, BUT...OMG did you not watch the game vs. the Texans???????

"Ryan Tannehill put on a clinic against the Houston Texans on Sunday in what was undoubtedly the best game of his young career. Tannehill completed 18-of-19 passes for 282 yards and four touchdowns, turning in a perfect 158.3 passer rating.

Along the way, Tannehill broke a decade-old NFL record for consecutive completions, previously held by Donovan McNabb in 2004. Going back to his previous game, Tannehill set an NFL record with 25 consecutive completions. "

Even Tom Brady was "wowed" by this feat:

“That's incredible,” Brady said during his press conference. “Twenty-five straight completions, it's hard to do that when there's no defense out there. To throw and catch like that so efficiently, and they're making big plays, too.”

With regards to the Dolphins' offense, Brady hit the nail on the head: they're explosive. In the first half alone, the Dolphins scored four touchdowns of 50-plus yards, which no team has ever done before.

To jog your memory, you can read the rest of the article here: https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story...lphins-tom-brady-ryan-tannehill-record-102715

I was at that game . . . While he statistically dominated that first half . . . That half was full of crazy plays. I don’t think back on that game as one that Ryan dominated. I remember getting soaked while watch Lamar Miller run for a 50 yard TD . . . And less than 5 minutes later losing my voice when Reshad picked off Hoyer for the pick six.

It’s impressive on the stat sheet, but I think if that is your only context you probably will overrate the performance.

I think the 8 game stretch in 2016 is where you saw essential QB play from Ryan. People who point out the Ajayi 200 yards games as the reason for our success really need to rewatch those games and watch how Ryan managed those games and made plays when necessary. He was clicking on all cylinders.

I wanted a "contingency plan" or some sort of attempt at getting a young QB in the draft, but ultimately, the choice not to take one is pretty ****ing negligible.

If one that we liked was there, we would've taken him. If we had taken one and Tannehill went down, it wouldn't have made a difference at all.

If Tannehill goes down this year, we're looking at a top 5/10 pick and I am pretty sure we'd draft our QB then, and maybe even bring on a veteran starter to show him the ropes.

My point is, I don't think it's worth making too much of a fuss about. There are a mess of other players/positions on the field beyond QB, and if we can use the draft to strengthen those, while having a good QB on the roster with a value oriented contract...well I think that's just as fine a utilization of draft picks.

I've been away for a week and come back to another THill thread and depth at QB. Geesh. I was hoping to log into this thread and see reports of how he was doing. Maybe I'll start at the beginning of the thread, or look at another thread.

I will take a 10% chance on hitting on a guy over bringing in Osweiller.
You're over estimating your shot at getting a decent QB 3rd round and beyond, plain and simple... And I only brought up 3rd and beyond because you stated that you were fine with the first 2 picks.

Of the 117 QBs drafted in those rounds since 2000... You've got 2 great QBs in Tom Brady and Russel Wilson, 1 good QB in Kirk Cousins and 2 young guys who look like they could be decent in Garoppolo and Dak Prescott...

Thats 5 hits out of 117 with 2 of them getting drafted by NE... And Im not making an arbitrary line in the sand to make my case look good...After the top 29 out of 117, they're all under an 80 career rating! And in that top 29 of +80s you've still got youself a bunch of guys you've never heard of...

Gamblers fallacy I guess...

I like that Miami is going all in w THill and doing everything they can do NOW to strengthen the team while they have a very good QB. He's 30 years old and primed for a great run if we can build a decent team around him.

This organization is GOING FOR IT! They're not concerned with a less-than-crapshoot draft of a 3rd/4th rnd backup QB that wouldnt do anything for the team for two or three years even if they DID get lucky and even if THill DOES go down. The odds of BOTH those happening are slim, while the odds are high that the 3rd and 4th round pkayers we drafted insteaf will actually HELP this team NOW.

The fact that someone would call that a "lack of foresight" is almost comical.

It's playing the odds to deliver a championship team to Miami. I applaud the organization for keeping their eye on the prize and not getting distracted by cowering to a worst-case fear and a pipe dream hope to fix a situation that hasn't happened.

Full speed ahead. I love the foresight and confidence!

Last edited:
Can anybody tell me why the national media bashed Miami for not drafting a qb with Tannehill coming off a serious injury, but nobody said a thing about the Colts. I get that some people would say Luck is the better qb, but his injury was a lot more serious and they're not sure he's going to be thowing come training camp. Is Brissett realy that much of a better back up option than Fales or Osweiler?

Back
Top Bottom