*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread *** | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread ***

This thread could go on forever but it's not going to change anything. Tannehill is our QB for 2018 and we have the back ups that we have. I'm hoping for the best of course but we'll see what happens. EVERYONE should be rooting for Tannehill to do well instead of hoping he fails so that they can say they were right

100% this...but I don't think that supporting Tannehill and discussing the backup situation are mutually exclusive.

I honestly cannot wait, and God help everyone if Tannehill shuts up his critics. Half of the people on this board (myself included) will just be radiating smugness.

Do I feel that he could be a franchise QB? I have no idea. I liked what I saw in the Buffalo game.

I will say that I feel there's a good a chance that he is as there would be for any QB who would have been drafted from rounds 4 on in the 2018 draft. That's my point.

Now let me ask you this: At this time last year, how crazy would you have thought I was if I said Case Keenum and Nick Foles would have been the starting QB in the NFC Chamionship game last season?
Valid point to some degree about Keenum and Foles. Though I've actually always liked Foles - would I have thought champ game? No way. But thought they were serviceable QBs. Both had shown flashes.

I personally don't feel he'd have as good a chance as a 4th rounder, because he's been in the league a number of years, been cut various times etc. I think a rookie coming out in the 4th round has in theory a higher talent level - than he had coming out, as he was drafted in 6th round. Now, maybe he'd be more ready to contribute now, than they would. But longer term, I think you'd probably have slightly higher chance of a 4th round pick this year becoming a starter than a journeyman 27 year old former 6th round pick.

I'm no scout though, and you've no doubt been watching the game far longer than I have ... so I'm definitely not saying my opinion is conclusively right :)

Valid point to some degree about Keenum and Foles. Though I've actually always liked Foles - would I have thought champ game? No way. But thought they were serviceable QBs. Both had shown flashes.

I personally don't feel he'd have as good a chance as a 4th rounder, because he's been in the league a number of years, been cut various times etc. I think a rookie coming out in the 4th round has in theory a higher talent level - than he had coming out, as he was drafted in 6th round. Now, maybe he'd be more ready to contribute now, than they would. But longer term, I think you'd probably have slightly higher chance of a 4th round pick this year becoming a starter than a journeyman 27 year old former 6th round pick.

I'm no scout though, and you've no doubt been watching the game far longer than I have ... so I'm definitely not saying my opinion is conclusively right :)

Totally fair. QBs are so unbelievably difficult to project. Regardless of how much I've watched, I don't know jack compared to an NFL scout, and THEY get it wrong more than they get it right.

I get where Kdawg is coming from and I think you're extremely off-base to say that he's just spitballing or hasn't thought about this, or posted his suggested course of action previously. In fact, I don't think you could be any farther from the truth to suggest that.

I personally am fine with the team's decision to bank on Tannehill's recovery under the assumption that if the knee explodes, Osweiler and Fales will be bad enough for Miami to pick a top QB prospect. That's where I actually do disagree strongly with Kdawg. I think the team absolutely did have that in mind all along. It might not be the plan that he likes, and I agree that if Tanny goes down in August, 2018 will be unwatchable football, but I actually think that was a smart way to play it once Mayfield went #1 overall. That is, assuming that you believe Mayfield was the one guy they really would have wanted.

I get where Kdawg is coming from and I think you're extremely off-base to say that he's just spitballing or hasn't thought about this, or posted his suggested course of action previously. In fact, I don't think you could be any farther from the truth to suggest that.

I personally am fine with the team's decision to bank on Tannehill's recovery under the assumption that if the knee explodes, Osweiler and Fales will be bad enough for Miami to pick a top QB prospect. That's where I actually do disagree strongly with Kdawg. I think the team absolutely did have that in mind all along. It might not be the plan that he likes, and I agree that if Tanny goes down in August, 2018 will be unwatchable football, but I actually think that was a smart way to play it once Mayfield went #1 overall. That is, assuming that you believe Mayfield was the one guy they really would have wanted.
I think that sometimes people here (and other forums .. and indeed in the real world) think that because someone comes to a different conclusion than they do, that they haven't thought about it. Sometimes people (me included) have trouble with the fact that others can form their own opinions, and that others opinions are just as valid as our own.

Nick Foles

How about a 0.10% chance?

And you could be wasting time and spinning your wheels.

It's not neglect. They chose a path for backup QB by bringing in veterans rather than drafting, just like lots of other teams.

I'm not saying that Miami's approach is better or that it will work, just that it is not as unusual as you are trying to say.

Yes. I understand what you are saying but if and that's a ? if. If tannehill can come in and more than just compete . It's his job . If tannehill gets hurt and we stink up the rest of the season . If tannehill goes 2 and 5 at worst , Next year there are no Mayfields,Allens or darnolds . lamar jackson's and mason rudolphs maybe net year types . The kid Lock sounds like the best qb next yr. This was the year and our F.O. ****ed us and im sick of it .

We had Josh Rosen falling and falling . Our F.O. got ****y and now we have to see what tannehill can do. For the next few years. If he gets hurt we stink until what ? we can secure a top pick in god knows what draft will have as many quality QB's. You keep draftiing till you strike gold. Trusting a so so QB just because he was a top ten pick . C'mon. Tannehill Is our future ? He 30 years old and coming of acl surgery .Never took us to the playoff's. He has had a coaching carousel his entire tenure here. Then we bring in brock ? The guy who a team paid another team to rid themselves from. The biggest statue QB i ever seen. We have f-ing fales another 2 time loser . I want a true franchise QB and ever since Marino now going on 2 decades without one. We have a great team now to win now and no QB.

I'm not terribly concerned about passing on Rosen. I actually like Rosen -- his comments about Cleveland indicate that he's capable of independent thought -- but Miami had as good insight into his personality, work ethic, and potential as any other team. Maybe more than any other team, because Adam Gase and Jedd Fisch are best friends. Fisch was Rosen's QB coach, OC, and later interim head coach at UCLA.

The Dolphins absolutely did their due diligence on Rosen and decided they wanted no part of him.

the fans may be confused but the Dolphins are most definitely not
Their recent records outside of 1 season suggest it's misguided at best.

I mean come on, the amount of **** that blew up in their face is head scratching. Not to be a know it owl, but I( as others on this board) seen the cracks on this rosters for the most part while Gase and staff try to convience us with the ever re-assuring...

"We get paid to do this, you guys dont know squat" tick. Lol. I actually love that mentality...if your actually right in your decisions, mind you.

I'm not terribly concerned about passing on Rosen. I actually like Rosen -- his comments about Cleveland indicate that he's capable of independent thought -- but Miami had as good insight into his personality, work ethic, and potential as any other team. Maybe more than any other team, because Adam Gase and Jedd Fisch are best friends. Fisch was Rosen's QB coach, OC, and later interim head coach at UCLA.

The Dolphins absolutely did their due diligence on Rosen and decided they wanted no part of him.
Ill never believe that, because we never truly got to see them pass on him. I wanted to see it.

Its so easy to say, "oh yea, I never wanted that hot girl babe. I'm sticking with you!"

Umm, you never took/had a shoot at that other girl. Yea the grass isn't always greener, but it's more convincing when they actually have a chance at the hot girl, then pass on after the fact.

Still don't believe it.

Ill never believe that, because we never truly got to see them pass on him. I wanted to see it.

Two teams CALLED MIAMI offering the Dolphins a chance to move up. Miami said "No thanks." If the Dolphins actually wanted to draft Rosen, they would have drafted Rosen.

Honestly, it's bad enough that I had to read about Baker Mayfield for what seemed like an eternity here, but now the idea that I will have to read about Rosen after the fact this off-season is just laughable. Come on.

Two teams CALLED MIAMI offering the Dolphins a chance to move up. Miami said "No thanks."

If the Dolphins actually wanted to draft Rosen, they would have drafted Rosen.
Miami seemed to go into the draft with the mindset of not moving up....or down. So with that being the case, one could argue they were simply staying put to see if Rosen(or maybe whoever) slipped there. I mean that's been Miami's M.O for years. Still don't believe it...

We had Josh Rosen falling and falling . Our F.O. got ****y and now we have to see what tannehill can do. For the next few years. If he gets hurt we stink until what ? we can secure a top pick in god knows what draft will have as many quality QB's. You keep draftiing till you strike gold. Trusting a so so QB just because he was a top ten pick . C'mon. Tannehill Is our future ? He 30 years old and coming of acl surgery .Never took us to the playoff's. He has had a coaching carousel his entire tenure here. Then we bring in brock ? The guy who a team paid another team to rid themselves from. The biggest statue QB i ever seen. We have f-ing fales another 2 time loser . I want a true franchise QB and ever since Marino now going on 2 decades without one. We have a great team now to win now and no QB.

He's 29.

Back
Top Bottom