*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread *** | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread ***

I guess that slowly but surely people will catch on that the Miami Dolphins have received a stunning make over. Call it a retool or whatever you like but this is a different Football team from last season's team. Thank goodness for that because last year's team was about as lousy a product that I've seen in all my years following Miami. Gase must not have been too impressed the results either because a bunch of overpaid stars were shown the door. Now we have a team. I actually can't wait to see Tannehill hooking up with Gisecki, Wilson, Amendola, Drake, Parker, Stills, Grant etc. I also can't wait to see Gore doing great things in a Dolphin uniform. We have red zone weapons that can be deployed a million different ways. Gase should have a blast calling plays this season. I believe this team made some tough decisions and I believe they showed a great deal of forward thinking and wisdom. I firmly believe they got it right. On defense they got much better and much faster. I believe we will be just fine without Suh, who it truth committed plenty of penalties and did at times freelance but let's not pretend that the D isn't minus a great player. Bottom line, we will be much better against the run imo. We have a bunch of really exciting players on defense and most are very young. We are building something special and we are going about it the right way. A lot is riding on Tannehill being healthy and playing at a high level. If he does the team ha a shot to compete for the Playoffs this season. There are quite a few new players on the oline and the success of the team will be dependent on these pieces gelling quickly and kicking some butt as well. I feel we are a young, fast, team that will produce some Pro Bowl players in the near future. I predict Tannehill is in the Pro Bowl this season. If he plays like we've all seen him play prior to the injury that's more than good enough for a ticket to the post season. This has been the best off season in ages so there's really not a whole lot of reason not to feel some optimism for a change!!! Let's stay healthy this season. Let's try not to lose all our best players before the season even starts!

The Dolphins might close the gap, but are we good enough to win this division and finally take down Brady and BB on a consistent basis?

On a consistent basis meaning every year? So how many more years Brady has left? I think maybe 2 years Max which is 4 games in 2 years. We wil never ever play Tom Brady again unless we meet in the playoffs.

I don’t know that they’ve closed the gap from 2016 to this year, but he’s spot-on that this is Gase’s team. There’s another video out there from that same show where someone points out that Gase is doing it his way, and he doesn’t give a crap what anyone else thinks.

dolphins are going to be better than 2016. they will win no less than 9. i think 11-5.

2-2 start
4-2 middle
5-1 end

That would be outstanding. I consider myself a tremendous optimist, and I have trouble finding more than 10 wins.

It's an interesting take because everywhere I look the media has Miami as one of the worst teams in football and picking in the top 5 for next years' draft.

No question some real talent went out the door. The Suh move, in particular, has weakened the defense in the middle. To me, stopping the run will be the key. That can certainly derail the season in a hurry.

But, overall I believe more talent has come in than left the building. The Dolphins also have young talent that can emerge, or has began to emerge everywhere on the roster guys like Drake, Tunsil, Gesicki, Grant, Parker, Harris, Phillips, Godchaux, McMillan, Baker, Howard, Tankersley, and Fitzpatrick. I expect the offense to begin to take off.

Making the playoffs is possible if more of these young players emerge and Miami avoids major injuries. As far as closing the gap on New England, it seems like we hear that every year and every year the AFC East is won by the Patriots. We'll see.

I think 2017 was a redshirt year in a lot of ways. Many of the players looked at it that way too, and just about nobody bought into Cutler. But Gase clearly felt that his team should have been able to do better, and that attitude is what has allowed him to move on from many vets. In the long run, that will serve us well. I think if we still had some of those players - due to everyone being given a pass - 2018 wouldn't be as good as I think it will be.

I'm not sure anyone will ever overcome B&B - those guys are too smart AND willing to bend the rules when needed. But fortunately they are about to ride off into the sunset and hopefully this team will be peaking when they do.

He came in as a rookie and that team went 15-1 after an injury to Tommy Maddux early in the year. I want to say it was game 1. That fully demonstrated the type of elevation he brings to the team

FYI

Ken Anderson was a former Bengals QB who went to Pittsburg to help Ben Roethlisberger. Ben had been doing OK, but had a few off field issues (a motorcycle accident which reduced his playing time - he wasn't supposed to be riding a motorcycle) and the coaching staff thought he could use some mentoring. They brought in Ken Anderson for that purpose. It seems to have worked. The following quote is from the one of the Steelers fan pages that identifies Andersons involvement and shows some of the good results that Ben Roethlisberger achieved with the help of that coaching:

"With Anderson’s first-hand experience working with Roethlisberger in mind, I think that it is important to note that Pittsburgh’s quarterback blossomed during the 2007, 2008, and 2009 seasons with Anderson on the coaching staff.

Overall, Pittsburgh’s signal-caller set a career-high for touchdown passes in a season with 32 in 2007, achieved current career-highs for completion percentage and passing yards in 2009 (66.6% and 4,328), made his first Pro Bowl in 2007, and he most importantly helped his team capture a Super Bowl title in 2008.

While having some tremendous targets to look to in the passing game helped Roethlisberger during that span (Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Heath Miller, etc.), Anderson deserves some credit for the work he did in Pittsburgh with “Big Ben” and the amount of success Pittsburgh’s quarterback achieved during those three seasons. In fact, “Big Ben” actually enjoyed the most productive statistical period of his career during the three years he worked with the former Bengal quarterback."

If Ben Roethlisberger had been carrying the Steelers on his back, he wouldn't have needed Andersons coaching help in the first place, and in the second place, he would not as likely have improved as much as he did when he got that help. This is not an indictment against Roethlisberger; he was a good quarterback before Anderson came on the scene and like most good quarterbacks, he got significantly better with good coaching.

the 3 best team in afc are N.e, Pit and kc
I think one of them afc south team will knock N.E of that mountain. with in 2 yr. Hou or Jax

I cannot say we are closing on N.E but we do play them best in div. the biggest fight is going be for second place in afc east div. jets,bills and dolphins all have taking turn finishing 2nd place last 3 yr. we have good chance at wildcard .... other factory will be how good jax, hou , ten, ravens, san and den are...

No way. Unless Brady falls off a cliff, or we hit the jackpot and drafted 7 pro-bowlers this year.

Miami will be competitive for a playoff berth.

New England will be competitive for a championship.

I guess we've closed the gap, but there's still a gap.

Gap is closer with Tannehill back but until we beat N.E. consistently they will remain on top.

Gap is closer with Tannehill back but until we beat N.E. consistently they will remain on top.
Or until the bills or jets actually win a ****ing game against them. Seems like every year we beat Ne once and every year the bills and jets just get tossed.

Last edited:

Im not sure we will beat them consistently but we usually give them a tough game once a year, as they basically spank the rest of the division.

Things will turn at some point for NE- Its just a question of when.

This year will be the pivotal year of the Quarterback in the AFC east. With a aging Brady his skill level is due to regress soon, two new rookie QBs with the Bills and Jets mean either a rough season or a huge surprise. Where does this leave RT possibly smack dab in the middle of has our QB finally arrived or he is no longer worth the trouble. If either of those 2-rookie QBs out perform him there will be huge pressure on phinland for him to stick around next year.

Back
Top Bottom